Advanced Bright / Charged me without permission

1 3600 Oceanview Blvd. #2Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-440-7533

I ordered the 14 day free trial tooth whitening kit. I called the customer support line two days after I made the order to cancel, so that I would not receive any further shipments. About three weeks later, I got a call from my bank saying that I was negative. I found out that Advanced Bright took out $88.97 which caused my bank to charge me $76.00 in non-sufficient funds.I called Advanced Bright, and he said that I never called to cancel. A couple of days later, I got the merchandise in the mail. On their website it says that if you want to return the product, you can, for a full refund within 15 days from the date it was sent, only you need a RMA# (return merchandise authorization #). I have sent them 11 emails asking for a RMA, and all I have gotten back is one email saying that they will let me keep the product and they will refund me $34.99. Also on their website, it says that they answer their emails within 24 hours. Well, since they haven't answered me, the 15 day grace period has past. But I don't see that as my fault. I know that they are not answering me on purpose so that they don't have to refund me my money. Since they already scammed me in the first place by saying that I didn't cancel. I keep calling the customer support line, but all the guy tells me is to email them again!!! A lot of help he is!!! They don't have anyone that you can talk to on the phone... if you have a problem, you have to email them!!!

Am

Comments

• Nm
      4th of Sep, 2008

I cannot get a RMA# either. If anyone finds out how to return unused items and get a refund please let me know. Someone told me that you have to stop payment through your CC company to get them to respond to you but I am too late for that.

• Ti
      5th of Sep, 2008

Count me as another unsatisfied "customer." My story is the same as Amy's. I am waiting to receive a form from my credit card provider.
    I am seeking a California consumer fraud contact to put more pressure on these people.

• Tb
      9th of Sep, 2008

I am dealing with the same issue. I should have checked the Better Business Bureau before ordering the 14-day trial. I am sending the form to my CC company to have the payment rejected. I have submitted a complaint to the BBB.

• Ca
      10th of Sep, 2008

I also am dealing with this issue and like everyone else I should have checked them out! This deduction from my checking account (2times) has overdrafted my account. I recieved a e-mail after the first time and they told me I was canceled NOT!!! HELP if anyone one has got theirs removed please advise how!!!

• Le
      14th of Sep, 2008

Same here I cannot get a return number even though I have emailed their support. I have emailed my credit card co to not pay them. I got an email from advanced saying they would let me keep the 2 treatments and credit me 34.99. It states because I did not cancel within 14 days trial period I can't return the product. Why would you return the stuff you got for 9$? The only stuff you would want to return is the product that cost you 90! This was within the 14 days of charging my credit card.

• Ro
      20th of Sep, 2008

I am canceling my shipping because I was lead to believe that it
    was a one time trial treatment. I've lost money because of over
    draft fees.

• Ka
      21st of Sep, 2008

I also got ripped off horribly from my $6 free trial offer...now I have no idea on how to get a hold of them to cancel my "subscription"...For two months now they have taken out 88.97 without my permission...lesson learned for me!! Total scam...not to mention, I have never even received the product that I have paid for for the last two months!!

• Dw
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I too was ripped off by these frauds. If someone finds a way to recoup their losses, please post on this site or one of the many others that are listed about these frauds.

• De
      5th of Oct, 2008
    Advanced Bright - Did not get my refund

I bought a whiting trial package from AdvancedBright.com. They sent me a second package before I even had the chance to use the trial package. I got upset and call them and told them I would return the package. I did return the package but I did not get my refund. That was in July. I emailed them several times and I also returned the trial package and still they have not given me back a dime of the $88 plus they charged my account. That is the situation. I want my money back. I know they got them back because I took it to the post office and I know the post man did not take them. These people are crooked and should be treated as such. What can I do? They told me in an email, inorder to get my money back I must have the tracking. I thought they would have the tracking. I have never heard of that before and I have returned things all the time.
    Delores Henriques

• Ar
      9th of Oct, 2008
    Advancedbright.com
    3600 Ocean View #2
    Glendale
    Phone: 866-440--7533
    support@advancedbright.com

charged me for a unsatisfactory product and refused to credit my charge account after I cancelled the order and my offer to return their product

• Lu
      11th of Oct, 2008
    Advanced bright
    Glendale
    advancedbright.com

after responding to a free sample, I was charged $88.97 for a prebuy into a monthly club. i never authorized that charge, nor have i gotten the product. when i contacted the company (only available thru an email site) i was told i am too late - they have a 14 day return for refund policy. i can't return anything and i can't get my money back. that's wrong and fraudulant and i will fight for my money back !

• Sy
      26th of Oct, 2008

Add me to the list of Advanced Bright sticking it to me! I ordered the free trial offer and before I could use it I got another package from them and they charged my credit card without my permission. I sent the second package back right away and called them to make sure I would get a credit and the guy I talked to told me to go to their web site to get the credit. Why should I have to do that? I called their number! What a rip off! I still haven't received the credit!

• Pe
      14th of Nov, 2008

I have no issue with the quality of the product. What I do have issue with is the billing of the product. I was told that this was a free product save only the cost of shipping and handling. I kept receiving product, but there was no bill enclosed, and no explanation as to what continued costs would be. There was only instructions on how to use the product in each envelope. Then I started getting billed $88.97 each month. I tried to call you but had not a complete number for you on my credit card bill. I filed a complaint with the Visa Card company and they sent me a letter back saying I need to contact you to stop the charges. I think that $88.97 may be reasonable as a one time charge, but you must tell the buyer up front the cost, and for what amount of product. I sent a package back that I felt I didn't want to be charged $88.97 for. My Cell phone # is 707 951 4406 ask for Peter Mann

• Ge
      24th of Nov, 2008

Somewhat similar situation here. I find it intersting that in most cases they are only offering a refund of $34.99. In my case, I even returned the packagages UNOPENED, veriffied by a Notary, and they still do not want to refund the entire amount minus shipping. I did file a complaint with the LA-BBB, they repeated their policy, I repeated my complains, and they never responded so BBB closed the case.

• Co
      26th of Nov, 2008

cancelled before trial ended was told i wouldn't be charged and i was.

• St
      28th of Jan, 2009
    Advanced Bright - Unauthorized charges
    Advanced Bright
    advancedbright.com

I found this 'free trial' of a tooth whitening system online. It says 'free trial, just pay shipping and handling' on 3 different pages...no mention of other charges. I used my debit card to pay shipping and handling, which seemed like a decent price for what I thought I was getting. A month later this website charged me $87.95 for the same damn thing... an envelope of trial size samples and stuff. Stuff you can get at Walmart for $10 or less. Again the next month. I didn't even know I had been charged until I got my bank statement. I called the phone number for this company, which was listed on my bank statement and was told 1-that I had signed up for a monthly shipment from this place for $87.97/mo. 2-the website 'clearly states' what I was signing up for, and that I must cancel within 14 days. 3-they have no billing department, no manager to talk to, no refunds, but they did cancel my membership. So I went to this website, and after some real searching, I found a little box with a checkmark in it, that said 'I agree to the terms and conditions.' So I clicked on the terms and conditions, and lo and behold, there it all was-but it was so hidden. Like I said, I really had to search this website to find it. But this website is plastered with the words 'Free trial! Free 14 day supply! Just pay shipping and handling!' I have since found complaints on other sites about Advanced White, and now I feel the need to warn others. I filed a police report and am in the process with my bank of trying to get my money back, but I probably won't- after all, I agreed to their 'terms and conditions'. So watch out for this scam-it is far from 'free'!

• Ra
      12th of Mar, 2009
    AdvancedBright.com
    box 563
    Kalona
    Iowa
    Phone: 319-548-2320

On jan. 2009 I raul alvidrez returned 2 orders that was sent to me un opened or unused of product i was charged to my credit card and ever since I have not herd or recived a refund ever since, so know I would likke To request a refund for those 2 orders.thank you.