Advance Telecom Inc / False representation of another company

While I was setting up my Mp4 player. This company said I needed a 3 year plan in payment of 49.90 for apple/ipod support. It has been confirmed that I was scammed out of my money.

Comments

15th of Jun, 2008

Me too! Scammed out of $29.88 from my Paypal account for a TV service from a website that then immediately disappeared. How silly!!

18th of Jun, 2008

ditto, were's goggle, they should reinburse use. GOGGLE WERE'S ARE 3D MAPS ?

18th of Jun, 2008

DITTO LOST MY MONEY TO. WERE'S GOOGLE THEY SHOULD PAY USE BACK, ADVANCED TELCOM SUCKS

• Gr
      1st of Jul, 2008

I ordered google earth 4.3 through these guys. Only after I did not receive an email confirming my order or giving me some kind of activation code did I realize that this was a phishing email of some sort. I've contacted paypal and if they won't do anything I'll contact my credit card company.

• Te
      1st of Aug, 2008

I too got stung also with google earth 2008 d/load, Paypal have a lot to answer for if these complaints are anything to go by.I'll be following this through until paypal ban any payments to this sham company

• Br
      14th of Aug, 2008

I guess I'm also a victim of this scamming company - i.e., ADVANCE TELECOM INC.
    Thought I was buying a 3-year membership to Adobe PDF 9 with updates, instead I got taken for $66.74 from my PayPal account!
    I agree that PayPal should ban this comapny from any further scamming!!!

15th of Aug, 2008
    Advance Telecom Inc - Scam

This company put a charge through my pay pal and was not legitimate. I tried to get the down loads the next day and there was no such company.

• Se
      19th of Aug, 2008

paid for tv channels from an email recieved, £ 32 but did not recieve the product

19th of Aug, 2008

I too was scammed. Thought I was signing up for Avast Antivirus 3 year subscription. Taken for $49.96. Called Advance Telecom and I was told they would refund the money but it would take 10 to 14 business days because that was a "normal banking" delay. BS. We'll see if they do the refund.

• Ge
      19th of Aug, 2008

Last Sunday I paid for download of Burning software $47.76 through PayPal, no download, no response, I have informed PayPal of my claim to cancel under 7day money back gurantee.I am further suprised to find that PayPal has already been informed of your purchaser; then why do they continue to process any other transaction??? My emails remain unanswered and if anyone can sugget any action I would appreciate your help...

with thanks
    Geoffrey.

• Er
      20th of Aug, 2008

i paid for what i througth was i-tunes down load for 3 year subscrition but did not receive anything cost 49 something i fell that they ripe me off want my money back

4th of Sep, 2008

these people at advanced telecom are advanced crooks--they suck the big one!!!

• Da
      19th of Sep, 2008

They got me, too. So I took a chance and replied to the email they provided. I wrote that I was going to turn them in to the FBI. They notified me that a refund was being processed about 10 hours later. My money was refunded within another 24hours. Just the same, I forwarded everything to the FBI internet fraud team.6e

20th of Sep, 2008

i know you are right. last night i paid payapl for earth update 4.3. i have received nothing as of today, 09/20/2008. i am going to file a compliant with the attorney general of advance telecom inc and paypal also. if you don't contact the ag of the state, then they do not know what is going on.

30th of Sep, 2008

I was attempting to get FREE download of an Adobe program to creat PDF files. Before I could exit I was asked if I wanted to purchase all this other garbage that sounded legit. I added something to the request for the download at a cost of $38.91. A lot to pay for FREE software! I was desparate to get the free pdf software because I needed to send an important file to a printer so that it could be printed in time for a board meeting. Not only did I not receive anything for my payment, but I didn't receive the FREE software either.

Figuring that I did something wrong and needing to get that file to the printer, I stupidly tried again to get the FREE software. This time I purchase less of the offerings and figured that I would be able to cancle the first one.

So then I email this Advance Telecom, probably a couple of weeks ago now, and never heard a peep from them regarding my request for a refund. What a bunch of bull. Paypal better figure something out, or they're going to be in hot water!

• Fl
      10th of Oct, 2008
    Advance Telecom Inc - Scam

I was almost sucked into "buying" this service. I had gone all the way to the PayPal page and stopped for some reason. I looked deeper int0 Advance Telecom and found your site. Thank you so much for saving me from making a huge mistake.

11th of Oct, 2008

I did the same thing thinking I was ordering software for google earth. I was charged $38.91 and was able to download google's free stuff and nothing more. I have e-mailed advance telcom but it has been less than 24 hours. But since non of you ever received a response from them I will go straight to paypal.

• Ge
      13th of Oct, 2008

I try to download Open office and made the payment through the Paypal and the
    Unique Transaction ID #17R31015DT0767359. How do i down load Open Office
    Please explain .
    regards

George

• Ta
      13th of Oct, 2008

I paid for a TV service offered by this company, using my Pay Pal account and they sent me a false link for download. All the possibilities of sites they sent me by e-mail don´t open. I can´t understand why Pay Pal still admits that company as a client. Their obligation is to care for the customers!

16th of Oct, 2008

I did the same thing and still have not heard from anyone .I do not feel that pay pal should let anyone purchase from this company since they already know about this skam.