Adorama / order made and paid for, no confirmation

N,Y city, United States Review updated:

I ordered an item from Adorama on Feb 23rd and then went to the web site to check on my order 4 days later. My order was not found anywhere but my money had come out of my checking account. I tried to contact Adorama by email but got no response from them. I called them several time and finally got a hold of someone and was told they did not show an order from me. I placed the order again on the 27th of Feb and I am still waiting for it to arrive as of Mar 5th. They advertise 1 to 3 day shipping…that is a lie. Adoramas customer service is a joke and they do not care about their customers. They have not tried to resolve my issues. I will take my business somewhere else and I recommend you do too.

Ma
Mar 07, 2015

Comments

•   Mar 11, 2015

Mark Waite ordered a monopod from Adorama on February 24 2015

He was charged $169.88 and his order was shipped February 25 2015
    Unfortunately, due to blizzards between New Jersey (the shipping origin) and Mr Waite's home in Texas, UPS were unable to deliver the camera.

monopod, Mr Waite cancelled his order, and UPS returned it to Adorama.

It was received back at Adorama's distribution center in New Jersey on March 6 2015 and Mr Waite was credited $169.88 on March 9 2015

Mr Waite placed a second order February 28 2015; he was charged $169.88 on March 2 2015 and his order was shipped March 2 2015.
    It was delivered to him March 6 2015

He contacted me, and stated: "you pissed me off... I will make it my mission to be a thorn in your side".

Adorama is being blamed for a) the weather which prevented the UPS delivery on the due date and b) for the cancellation of his first order -even though he cancelled it himself.

Reviewers like Mr Waite bring the business of review sites into disrepute, making it impossible for decent, honest consumers to gain a fair picture of the state of the industry.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera
    [protected]@adorama.com

Mar 16, 2015

I placed my first order on Feb 23rd and then went to the web site to check on my order 4 days later. My order was not found anywhere but my money had come out of my checking account. I tried to contact Adorama by email but got no response from them. I called them several times and finally got a hold of someone and was told they did not show an order from me. That is why I placed the order again on the 27th of Feb.
    Helen’s response was as follows...
    Unfortunately, due to blizzards between New Jersey (the shipping origin) and Mr W home in Texas, UPS were unable to deliver the camera. On March 2nd, instead of waiting for the weather to clear so that UPS could deliver his monopod, Mr W canceled his order, and UPS returned it to Adorama.
    It was received back at Adorama's distribution center in New Jersey on March 6 2015 and Mr W was credited $169.88 on March 9 2015 Mr W placed a second order February 28 2015; he was charged $169.88 on March 2 2015 and his order was shipped March 2 2015. It was delivered to him March 6 2015. His report above - particularly that nobody at Adorama assisted him - is a work of fiction from beginning to end. He contacted me (after several emails from me with no resolution) and stated: "you pissed me off... I will make it my mission to be a thorn in your side". Adorama is being blamed for a) the weather which prevented the UPS delivery on the due date and b) for the cancellation of his first order -even though he canceled it himself. Reviewers like Mr W bring the business of review sites into disrepute, making it impossible for decent, honest consumers to gain a fair picture of the state of the industry.

First of all Helen I never got a confirmation for my first order that is why I ordered it the second time. As I have told you repeatedly when I called Adorama they had no record of the order I placed on the 23rd. You said I canceled my order on Mar 2nd. That would be impossible because I never got a order number or tracking number from you or UPS. How would I do that with no number Helen? The answer is I didn’t Helen. And the biggest question I have is why would I order it then cancel then order again. The answer is I didn’t Helen. On my second order I did get a confirmation by email and a UPS tracking number. UPS contacted me on Mar 4th and said it would be one day late due to weather in Dallas. I sent a email to UPS on the 5th of March and told them to cancel it. I needed it by the 5th for a photo shoot. What have you done to assist me with this matter Helen? Making up lies about what transpired with my first order is not helping. Yes Helen you have made me very mad and I want a apology from someone else in your company, not you! Your statement was I cant do anything else for you, I'm sorry. That doesn’t count as an apology because you could have done a lot more like admit someone in your company screwed up and then attempt to found out the truth about the first order instead making up fictional story’s and blaming me for Adorama's incompetence. I also want to be reimbursed for $42.00 shipping cost for the second order I did cancel because I was told 1-3 days.

What I meant by thorn in your side is that I will continue to post what happened to me and the way I have been treated by you and Adorama on all the internet and review sites I can find until I get a apology from Adorama and reimbursement for return shipping cost. and yes Helen I am a decent, honest consumer. You and Adorama have been less than decent and honest about this whole situation.