Adaptive Marketing LLC / Fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

This company has charged my credit card $19.95 a month for a supposed membership service for access to discounted attractions. I did NOT sign up for this service, and when I try and log in with my supposed membership # as stated on my credit card bill, it does not let me access anything. This is a rip off scam!

Ti

Comments

• Ju
      3rd of Aug, 2009

This company also charged my credit card $19.95 for 11 months! I didn't pay attention to my credit card statements. It is a total scam. I supposedly signed up for this service through classmates.com - stay away for both of these! Look for "shopping essen" on your credit card statement

• Ro
      9th of Jul, 2013

AdaptiveMarketing, LLC doing business from Omaha, NE charged an amount of $19.95/month in 2010 increasing to 32.95/mo by 2013 under Privacy Matters 123 and an identical amount under Privacy Matters Identity for a total of $1922.10 until I recognized that I had no idea what we were paying for. As Julie Vegas recounted, the company claimed that my wife signed up for these services through Classmates.com. My wife is certain that she never knowingly signed up for any such service. The company refunded a total of $131.80 upon my complaint and would do nothing further. I complained to the FTC and the Consumer Protection Agency of Nebraska (CPA-NE) (http://www.ago.ne.gov/complaint). The CPA-NE followed up with the company and they refunded everything that they had collected from us. (I didn't try to negotiate for interest that might be due.) The CPA-NE saves these reports, and further action by the Attorney General of NE might be taken depending on the volume and serious nature of reports. I encourage anyone who thinks they have been scammed by this company to contact the CPA-NE.