Active.com / sneaky membership signup

Andrews, United States Review updated:

When you use reserve America to make reservations at a South Carolina state park this fee shows up about a month later. This is the second time that this has happened so I was very careful in reviewing the pages when I made the reservation online. The people at reserve America said they would refund the 64.95 charge and they did last time. They said that the screen are Clear that you are subscribing to their service but they ARE NOT!!. It appears they are just trying to steal from people who aren't paying attention, not while making the reservations, but when they are charged for this "service"

Kr
Nov 13, 2014

Comments

• He
      Nov 11, 2015

Four months ago I signed up to enter a the Big Sur International Marathon. Today I received a notice, the first notice from this company, that my premium was being renewed for a year membership for $64.95. They have my card on file. They did not provide their phone number on the notice.
    As a policy, I never sign up for anything that has a free trial. I did not sign up for this.
    The customer service person, who read a long script about the benefits and freebies before answering my question, said that I had signed up by clicking a button on the site when I signed up for the race.
    The button is apparently at the end of the form and I suspect most people do not realize that they are signing up for this. I surely did not.
    While they are clever enough to grab my credit card information, apparently they are not adept enough to provide a confirmation statement to the purchaser. Hmmmm. This smells a lot like fraud. I will inform BSIM of this.