Active.com / Fraudulent Charges

CA, United States Review updated:

This company fraudulently took money from my bank acount using my debit card information. Unlike some of the other reports, I have not signed up for any free trials or anything else on-line. This company is known by financial institutions as an actively fraudulent company. Their game is that they have stolen credit/debit cards and they periodically hit these accounts in small odd amounts (i.e. $51.99; $84.99 etc.) amounts that typically go unnoticed by the consumer.

You don't have to sign up for a "free trial" of anything. That's just one of their many excuses for faudulent charges once they get caught.

Once they have your credit card, they ping your account for cash as long as they get away with it. Some consumers have been hit repeatedly for years. If/when the consumer complains, they simply offer the refund and move on to the next one and the process starts all over. If you do get hit, you have to go back over your account for several years back because you will likely have a pattern of hits over many years. DO NOT attempt to resolve this directly with ACT*Active.com. Go back through your financial institution for resolution through their fraud department.

If you call the phone number [protected], they will immediately ask you for your credit card number. Don't give them any information. Immediately contact your financial institution for safe resolution.

Comments

Oct 20, 2010

I work at a class action law firm and we are investigating Active.com’s use of consumers’ credit cards without their permission or prior notice. I am interested in talking to people and hearing about their experiences with the company. Please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com if you’ve been charged for any unwanted services, products or memberships by Active.com or its parent company, The Active Network, Inc. Thanks, Chuck.

• Bl
      Jan 26, 2012

Noticed a charge on my statement for $103.65. After further investigation, learned that this company is know for stealing credit card numbers and applying fraudulent charges to these accounts. This company needs to be prosecuted

• Re
      Oct 03, 2015

I signed up for a race in the community and they had used active to organize it. Now they started charging me 64.95$ membership charge although I had not signed up for any recurring membership . I see so many hits on the internet that this is a scam. This company should be put out of business http://www.active.com/unclassified/articles/active-com-customer-faq-s#item1

• Br
      Mar 29, 2016

ACTIVE Network, LLC
    717 North Harwood Street
    Suite 2500
    Dallas, TX 75201
    69.95 FEE for unwanted and unsolicited "membership" ...
    This co handles credit card transactions for all kinds of sports things.
    They SCAM you when registering online charging you for a membership with rebates or something. I declined it, never signed up for yet they hit my card with a 69.95 FEE.
    I had to call and wait 46 minutes on hold to have it removed. PLUS I have to be sure it's credited 7-10 days or call them back.
    I am cc:ing the BBB