Acre Replacement WindowsThe company uses unfair tactics and fake reviews for their website and sales

The bad experience with ACRE windows begins from the beginning. We had a member of the ACRE team come to our house on July 29, 2015 to give us an estimate on 10 windows. At the time, the representative, Nick, informed us that we indeed did have faulty windows that needed to be replaced. After a high pressure sales pitch, I gave in and signed a contract for 10 windows. First of all the price was insane. I take the responsibility for that one as I should have done more homework. Although to be honest if you look at their website they have glowing reviews. (This is because as part of your deal to get a discount on the windows you have to write a review at the time of purchase, not after the job is completed.) After a period of over 4 weeks I called the company to ask when the windows would be installed. Amazingly they were able to schedule an installation. (Why didn't they call me if the windows were in and ready?) When the day came for the install, the service crew proceeded to tear out the windows only to discover that one was cracked, and another was completely the wrong size. The finished installing the damaged and incorrect windows and promised to be back quickly to repair and finish the job. Finally on 11-30-15, again after I called to figure out what was going on they came back and replaced the incorrectly sized window. It is still not the right size, but it is at least closer. They however did not replace the cracked window as they informed me that was a manufacturing issue. I was told they would get back to me to schedule the replacement of the cracked window. I had to pay all but a $1000 for the job. I want the cracked window replaced. I want people to know that the company uses unfair tactics and fake reviews for their website and sales. I will never use ACRE Windows again, and hope this will help others to avoid the mistake I made of using this terrible company.

Re
Nov 30, 2015

Comments

• Ac
      Dec 03, 2015

Reply from ACRE Windows - we are sorry that we were unable to meet the clients expectations. The work is completed except for the cracked window which will be replaced under warranty at no charge to the consumer within 14 days. The assertion that reviews on our website are "fake" is completely false. We have over 150 reviews on Google, Angies List, Yelp and our own website - each one is directly from a consumer. While not 100% of reviews are favorable, the vast majority of our reviews are 4 or 5 stars. We have reached out to this consumer to attempt to rebuild our relationship.