Acer / dead battery

1 391 columbia point drRichland, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 509-943-4813

My Acer laptop, Aspire [protected], which is 5 months old, just had the battery go dead. I do not use it on battery power but it is always on anyway. When it went dead I was on ac power and it shut me down and would not allow me to reboot. I finally removed the battery and was able to boot it up again. Now I have an expensive battery-paperweight and a large empty hole in my computer. Why would the battery last only 5 months???

Comments

• La
      9th of Nov, 2008

Hi,

I m a very upset customer with the way I was treated by ur staff.
    I bought a acer aspire laptop 5310 on 1st October 2007.(SN. LXAH20CO167341F83A1601).

I m facing issue with the battery as it drains out in 10 minutes.
    ON 25TH SEPTEMBER 2008, I called you Customer service 18000116677. I was told that in 5 working days a technician will be sent at my place and I was assured that as I m calling within the warranty period, the battery will be replace free of cost.
    But unfortunately no one came to replace the battery. After that I called multiple times and no one helped.
    I will not pay for the battery cost as i called within warranty period.

I was very happy with acer prior to this experience.
    I had recommended 4 of my friends to buy acer.
    Now if I dont get the battery replaced free of cost, i have made up my mind to lodge a complaint.
    I have my cousin working with newspaper and she has suggested to share my experience and write an article abt my experience.

If i dont get help I will be forced to take a step.
    Can you help me?