Acer Aspire 4937G / Defective replacement unit again

1 Philippines Review updated:

I bought the unit last april 2009 I was so excited but to my demise the brand new unit was teribly defective. It could not recognize or sense the battery, so I have to always plug it to an electical socket. After several complaints, it was replced, but again it is defective. And sad thing is I feel they replaced me with a returned unit that they just fixed.
a) the serial number of the unit does not match the serial number on the box.
b) they put a generic Sanyo battery on it not the original battery with the Acer logo embeded on it.
c) It already has a different user name on it.
d) the casing is warped!!
e) I have to always use the recovery disk, because it just blacked for no reason at all for the 5th time.
All of this could be verified by a fourth neutral party.
Sad to say I am not the only one experiencing this problem, but I am the one is voicing this.

Comments

• Ac
      9th of Aug, 2009

I have had bad experiences with ACER repair in Texas. I sent my
    AcerAspire One to them to repair the keyboard. When it came back the keyboard did not work and and now the SPEAKERS don't work! I called them on the phone, and they want $199.00 to repair the computer. ACER S A BAD CHOICE MY FRIEND!

• Ac
      9th of Aug, 2009

Acer Service is very poor. They will find any excuse to charge you for repairs while the unit is still under warranty. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! AVOID THEM.