ABT SRBI / Harassing Telephone Calls

United States, Alabama Review updated:
This company has called my home numerous times for about the past week. I've spoke with them 3 days in a row and requested that they remove me from their call list. I was informed that they do not have a call list to remove me from. I still told them to stop calling my house. Even when I answered the phone (the thus-far last time), informing that they need to stop calling me, the man on the other end launched into his speech about the sports-programming survey he wanted me to take. He gave me the spill over what I was telling him. I finally had to yell over him until he listened. This type of behavior goes beyond rudeness and strongly lingers into the harassment zone.

N  12th of Dec, 2010 by
am a former Abt SRBI employee, I was fired due to the fact they didn't want t give me daytime hours. but anyway the problem your having is because the do not call list applies only to telemarketing (solicitation), they aren't trying to sell you anything, it's generally survey research usually for government owned clients relating to your health or government reviews. The reason they cant put you on the DNC list is because there isn't one for survey research, and don't tell them your not interested either, they will only code it as a cbu (call back unspecified), especially if they ask you if your busy and you say yes. you got 6 ways to get them to stop 1. tell them you don't want to be called again 2. tell them your terminally ill (gets the employee to not lose hours as they treat us like slaves and work is scarce) 3. say your a kid (17 or so works) and this is your personal line and your parents have their own 4. say you are not a resident of where you live(usually they are calling for a specific region or city) 5. say they reached a cell phone or 6. say this is your business line. But remember if you hang up on them before the end of their intro, they code it as a hang-up and will call you back in 90 min. because the computer picks numbers at random so they have no control over who they call, or when the number pops up. the employees here get no commision just 8 bucks an hour to be treated miserably, as we worked in a moldy building, had our "down time" tracked, (they timed our bathroom trips and limitd them) we get no leave time or sick time (i worked up to the day i gave birth, i tried to work that day too because i was scared i'd be "let go" or fired) . And to top it all off SRBI employees are just as miserable conducting surveys as you are getting the call to take them, we get nothing but hounded if our co-op is bad and sent home after only 2 hrs of working if we can't produce enough completed surveys for them.
N  12th of Dec, 2010 by
btw sorry i didn't know apostrophe doesn't work on here, if it isn't just posting a glitch.
A  16th of May, 2013 by
I also received a call from SRBI and the person calling was very persistent about saying they can call me whenever they want because the DNC list does not apply to them. I told him I dont care if it doesnt apply to you I still dont want to be called and he repeatedly stated they cant remove me from their call list because they dont have a list to remove me from. He was very rude and harrassing. They better hope they dont call me again because they will receive a few four letter words from me...

Abt Associates Logo Abt Associates