Menu
Ottawa Valley Meats Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Ottawa Valley Meats
reviews & complaints

ottawavalleymeats.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 5 Reviews

Ottawa Valley Meats Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Ottawa Valley Meats at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ottawa Valley Meats has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ottawa Valley Meats. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Ottawa Valley Meats reviews & complaints 5

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Ottawa Valley Meats reviews & complaints

W
5:46 pm EDT

Ottawa Valley Meats Poor Customer Service

I have ordered meat from OVM, twice. The first time, I ordered 4 tenderloin steaks. They were meant to serve four people at a planned dinner. The steak sizes ranged from 6 oz. to 12 oz. I did like the steaks, very much, but I needed to split them up in order to offer each dinner guest, an equal portion. I spoke to two people at OVM about this issue and they reassured me that the unequal sizes were quite an anomaly. In my second order the 6 tenderloin sizes were: 6.9 oz., 11.2 oz., 8.3 oz., 10.0 oz., 11.65 oz., and 8.05 oz.

Desired outcome: At a supermarket, I personally select similar steak sizes, but I can't do that through an OVM order.

T
7:23 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ottawa Valley Meats These guys make false claims

Ottawa Valley Meats is a sham. They proclaim to be all free range. I call bull. Ordered About 100 lbs of free range chicken legs at a great price if they were indeed free range. I've bought better chicken at my local No frills and I was also shortchanged quite a few of the packages maybe a quarter of them had only 2 or 3 legs not the supposed 4 or 5. I placed another order for this last Christmas. Ordered a box of steaks and 3 bone in free range hams. These hams were for Christmas dinner so when they arrived I was dissappointed. What I received were 3 virginia hams from the buther shoppe. Called them up asked if there hams are free range they said no. They were also very close to expiry. These guys are a joke. I don't know how they get so many good reveiws. When I contacted customer service they said they would get back to me but never did. When I make social media complaints about them they fabricate stories like I was trying to extort them for free products. COMPLETLY FALSE. I want people to know that thiese guys are CROOKS and their defensive responses to my posts are even more proof that they are a trash company! I disputed the charge for the hams on my mastercard and received my money back. BUYER BEWARE this company is not straight up

M
1:43 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ottawa Valley Meats Food does not come frozen, repackaged food that isn't locally sourced, poor customer service

I've been ordering from Ottawa Valley Meats for a year, not out of loyalty but because my family has specific meat needs that at the time were met with OVM.

Our first two orders came in a healthy, insulated package where the meat and fish were permanently frozen solid. After that, it went downhill with the service. They're slow (2 weeks or more without a response) at providing details on when your order will arrive. When they give you a date, it's either late by a couple of days, or they only deliver half the package.

They decided to take our money rather than tell us they couldn't fulfill the order and said that the meat would arrive "approx. 1 to 2 weeks". However, a month and a half went by, and they didn't respond to 3 of our emails and only spoke to us when we called them.

They are full of excuses:

- we had to change the delivery method
- we only deliver on these dates (process changed without communication)
- the fish is "fresh," and that's why it's not frozen... HEALTH RISK as we're not close to Ottawa and reside in QC. We told them that we have high histamine allergies and that we need our produce flash-frozen which they assured us

They are a middle man and aren't the actual meat producers. Check out this post ([https://www.complaintsboard.com/ottawa-valley-meats-b132951#reviews] (https://www.complaintsboard.com/ottawa-valley-meats-b132951#reviews).

They recently changed suppliers (the chicken looks steroid, tastes disgusting, and the fish doesn't come frozen!)

This company is dishonest and poses a serious health risk by delivering meat and fish that aren't frozen.

Desired outcome: Food and safety needs to look into this company's practices. They pose a serious health risk

Hide full review

Is Ottawa Valley Meats legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board rates Ottawa Valley Meats highly, signaling it as a legitimate option for users seeking reliable services. Despite this endorsement, the 0% resolution rate for complaints about Ottawa Valley Meats raises questions. Diligently reviewing Ottawa Valley Meats's client feedback and resolution practices is recommended for those considering Ottawa Valley Meats's services, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of its legitimacy and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Ottawa Valley Meats earns 85% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Ottawa Valley Meats near-perfect at 85% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Ottawa Valley Meats. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Ottawa Valley Meats has registered the domain name for ottawavalleymeats.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Ottawavalleymeats.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Ottawa Valley Meats website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Ottawavalleymeats.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Ottawa Valley Meats, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Ottawavalleymeats.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• No reviews for ottawavalleymeats.com on popular sites. Be cautious and do additional research. Look for information about the Ottawa Valley Meats and be careful with personal information or transactions.
  • Ottawavalleymeats.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The ottawavalleymeats.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Ottawa Valley Meats protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We have detected an internal review system on Ottawa Valley Meats's website, which can be a positive feature for customers looking to make informed decisions about the company's offerings. However, we recommend that you take the time to research the reviews and verify their authenticity before trusting them entirely
J
8:28 pm EDT

Ottawa Valley Meats Misleading claims

This company's claim that their product is locally sourced is 100% false and misleading. A lot of their product is purchased from Leavoy Rowe Meats in Mississauga and shipped to Tom Henderson Meats in Chesterville to be repackaged and labelled as locally sourced. Another company that they source product from is The Butcher Shoppe in Etobicoke. Ottawa Valley Meats is dishonest and should be liable for their false claims. Stay away from this company and do some research to find product that is actually locally sourced.

C
3:34 pm EST

Ottawa Valley Meats Aggressive telemarketer

Date: February 26th, 2020

Caller's Name: Glen

Received a call from Glen in around supper time and even when I said I was busy and to call back later he proceeded to talk over me.

Every sales tactic in the book was thrown my way from "It'll only take a minute" to "We have reps in your area right now".

The caller was very pushy and completely turned me off of what he was trying to sell. Keep in mind, I said I was busy and asked him to call back later the same day.

How did Ottawa Valley Meats even get my number and know I was/still am a customer of one of their competitors?

I would like any information you have about me removed from your database asap.

It seems like a fly by night company or a scam, probably both so beware.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Ottawa Valley Meats contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Ottawa Valley Meats?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ottawa Valley Meats Customer Service. Initial Ottawa Valley Meats complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ottawa Valley Meats above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ottawa Valley Meats. Discuss the issues you have had with Ottawa Valley Meats and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.