AARPfraudulent invoices

As I was approaching 65 aarp began their marketing "assault". I hate them and would never, ever have anything to do with them. So what happened? They started sending me invoices for my membership that I ordered! Liars and frauds. I want to get in on a class-action lawsuit. It's been time for a long, long time.

Ba
Dec 09, 2015

Comments

Apr 28, 2017

I am also getting these invoices and was wondering if it was just me. My late husband and I belonged to AARP. The dues are paid until 2018. I have been getting invoices for a year saying that I owe money. These are in my name only and they say I ordered it. Well, I didn't. They are sending them more often and I am beyond frustrated. I don't plan to renew when the subscription runs out some time next year. They are saying that I owe it and have to pay. I wonder how many other people are getting them and whether they are even from AARP.

• Pe
      May 20, 2017

@joann schlicker I'm getting threats to send me to collections over an AARP Rx plan. I am not nor have I ever been a member of AARP.

• Co
      Oct 26, 2017

I get new cards in the mail with an invoice every month starting right after I renew until I actually have to renew. I renew in December - got my cards - since last December I get new cards and an invoice every month. I just don't even open up the envelope - just trash them. But what really pisses me off is that they are a non-profit and survive on our donations and look how they are wasting the donations they receive. You probably don't even know some of the events, etc that you attend, that the proceeds are donated to AARP. Can you imagine how much printing and postage is wasted. It even goes to people who never joined . They must buy lists from junk mailers to get our ages and addresses. My mom never was a member. Every month for the last 4 years that she lived with me, both of us got cards with our name on them and a bunch of info printed on expensive card stock or brochure paper which costs a fortune. They should be reported for wasting donations from the public on this crap. This is why I don't donate to non-profits. Low income, but want to help, but when I see this waste- I'm done!