Aarons Sales And Lease / fraud and lies

Laguna Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
3.75
I rent a 52 inch JVC from the aarons in Fullerton, CA. They are very argumentative and they lie. They claim they have been to my house when they clearly haven't. I work from home so i would know if anyone has come by especially since i have a dog and the dog would bark. They have very bad customer service. I am ready to give the tv back because i am tired of their condescending attitude. I've been late a few times on payments and they call and are very rude. They claim they left a note which i did not receive and when i call them on it i get some lame excuse that it blew away.
Va

Comments

Ma
  15th of Nov, 2008
I am a customer at aarons sales and lease in the Lancaster South Carolina area. I have been a customer with them since April of this year. I was threated by them and on 11/14/08 I was yell at by the store manager and kicked out the store, when I went into pay my payment and voice a complaint about an nasty phone call my pregnant girlfriend receive from one of the store employees. When I ask him if he wanted her to come in and tell him what happen. He told her to shut up and we were kicked out the store.
Mi
  19th of May, 2011
Since 2008 I've been employed steady full-time until last September 2010, when my full-time position went to 24 hrs a week. I've been a customer of Aaron's for 2 years now and have paid off a sectional sofa, 2 laptops, coffee table/2 end tables, rug and dining room table. PRIOR TO my job being downsized, I signed contracts for a 60" and 42" tvs, 3rd laptop and full bedroom suite. My sons (20 and 22) are in the Marine Corps and utilized the two paid in full laptops and my daughter (17) and I utilize the 3rd latop. Five months after my job was downsized, I had to file Chapter 13 Bankruptcy because I was drowning financially. Aaron's came at me for EVERYTHING, demanding that I pay off what I owed them immediately, which of course I couldn't do or they'd pick up the murchandise. My attorney said to refer them to him, but they refused to speak to him and, instead, kept calling me with rude comments, threatening to pick everything up, etc. Yes, I had been struggling to pay them after the job downsized, but they received full payment by the end of each month. I found the name and # of the NW Regional Manager and left him a voicemail. After a week not hearing back, I called again, left a 2nd voicemail telling him he had 24 hrs to call me or I'd file a complaint with the BBB. A half hour later he called me. I stated my concerns about threats and rudeness and he said he'd look into it. Next day I received a call from the store manager saying as a courtesy, they were taking $243 off of my bill for that month. That was nice, but the damage had been done. Today, I received a letter in the mail from Aaron's stating, "Having customers like you is one main reason that Aaron's takes so much pride in their work. We would like to...offer you a 50% discount off your first montly payment on any new lease agreement." The address label on the envelope had my name and under that read, DO NOT MAIL! BANKRUPTCY! then my address was listed. I feel soooo humiliated! They are so incompetent at Aaron's . . . if I could do it all over again, I would NOT have given them my business!!!
Dy
  14th of May, 2016
I'm only 2 weeks late and owe 375 but they came to my house the other day saying I have to pay them 620 dollars. I asked them where did they get that number from. The guy said I have to pay part of next month as well. I'm a disabled veteran and only get paid once a month and I had some things come up. Ive been a customer with them for over a year and a half and I don't know how they can get away with some of the stuff they do. I told them I would pay them as soon as I get paid and they said ok and left my house. Well they must've thought that was yesterday because they've called my fiancee non stop today. My phones been broken and cant make calls because of the microphone and yet I told them that and they still try and call me and I can't leave the house because my fiancee works during the day. And there is suppose to be a grace period after the due date. And yet we are only 2 weeks late and they are trying to charge us for part of next month. The only reason why I haven't gone down there is because I know they can be rude and condensending and they do lie. I tried to email corporate and when I went to submit my complaint is said the action couldn't be completed because the website was either moved or taken down. These people are making a killer profit and yet they say they will work with you on whatever type of situation you're in but yet harass you when you are late. As much as I hate places like aarons and rent a center I use them to try and rebuild my credit but I'd be damned if they will belittle me. I think it's best that we start just saving our money up and buying things out right at an actual Store and find another alternative to rebuilding your credit. Most banks offer secured credit cards which is actually better.
Le
  29th of Jun, 2016
I rented a laptop from them online withholding the 25$ down well I didn't know that was false advertising my bad on my part but any how an extra friend of mine borrowed money from my husband and I and instead of repaying us back he went up to Aaron's and wrote a check for my item I was unaware of this because I was dealing with my 12 year old son in the hospital for having meningitis on the brain well I get a call from my ex friends brother saying that Aaron's is pressing charges on me. So I call the store and tell me of this situation that I had no control of and ordered me to pay off this check in 5 days or else I go to jail well shortly after that my husband was arrested for an unrelated situation. I went to.visit him on the second day when I get home I have mail from Aaron's stating proof of ownership but 2 weeks later I'm arrested for this I need legal help please call me @ 8632091418

Aaron's Logo Aaron's