Aamco / scam and cheating

I took my car into Aamco transmission with a check engine light on and my transmission would get stuck in 2nd gear (auto trans) Chrysler calls it limp mode for diagnostic and repair. I told them to check all harnesses (picktails) and sensors because this is a common effect in the model of car (Chrysler 300M 1999). I was given the run around and more and more charges and finally told my transmission needed to be replaced at a cost of 3000.00 dollars. I was out of town and ok'd the repair. I picked up my car supposedly repaired with a new transmission and all the fixings, only to find the problem I had previously before the replacement of my transmission and loss of 3000.00 dollars still persist. I returned my car told them the same thing is still happening. They kept my car for over a week, Jason called me 3 times, first he said they are checking all the connections and electronics, second call he said they couldn't find anything so he needs to drop the transmission and check the inside, 3rd call was a over a week later where he said they couldn't find anything wrong and the car wouldn't fault again so pick up the car and wait for it to fault again. When picking up my car he stated they didn't do anything but drive my car everyday to see if anything happened and nothing did, meanwhile I am without my much needed car. I believe they misdiagnosed my car and really don't have the proper personnel to fix my car, my complain is to get my money back and repaired by professionals who know what they are doing. There is so much more to this story but little time to write. My car is still not running properly and even though they replaced my transmission not only do I have the same fault happening again, my transmission is shifting very badly and very rough riding. I mentioned this to Jason and he said he agrees the transmission is shifting rough but he refused to repair or replace.

Va

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2016
    AAMCO - Scam
    AAMCO

Bringing my car into this AAMCO was the worst experience with any business that I have ever had. I spoke withthe owner Vijay last week and told him my situation. My speedometer stopped working and the day it stopped working I noticed my check engine light would go on about ten minutes into driving and shut off everytime I turned the car off. AAMCO advertisment states that they will check and diagnose the "check engine light for free promotion." After speaking with Vjay many times on whn to bring the car in I took a day off and brought it in. I called about two hours before to make sure he remembered me and taht it was still ok to bring in my vehicle. His exact words were that I could bring it in and they would look at it for 45 minutes and if they couldn't figure it out they would call me and I could make the descision to move forward or take my car back free of charge. He stated that I shouldn't go spend a bunch of money somewhere when they would check t free of charge. I was satisfied and arranged a ride, and a rental car. I was just relieved to have someone look at it at this point.
    I arrived at AAMCO at 1:30 pm and was behind a couple that was getting their car. After they were done I was greeted by the manager. He stated that Vijay wasn't there and "what did I need?" I stated that Vijay told me to come in to get the engine light checked and that I could get whatever work done here once it is diagnosed if i chose to do so. He laughed about me taking teh day off and said "its almost 2pm, what are you talking about?" I was immediately turned off by Steve's attitude and I already knew I did not want to do business with this guy. He then calls Vijay asking him if this was true about doing a free engine light check.
    He slammed the phone on the reciever and said "ok I will look at it for 15 minutes and you better believe I will be calling you to start charging you almost immediately. Your car is a dinosaur and its old man!" I was so repulsed and insulted that I said "this was obviously a bait and switch to get me in here and I am leaving now." He then kept telling me to stop looking for freebies and to get a new car if I didn't like it. I let him get the best of me and I told him that he was a jerk and I have never been talked to in this manner. I then walked ou and got into my car. Steve followed me out yelling that I need a new car and threatened to "beat my ###, " if I complained. He then yelled some racial slurrs that don't apply to me whatsoever. I am Italian and Irish and he was calling me a "stupid mexican!" I don't know who you have ruuning your stores but this guy is a huge liability. I have contacted the BBB as well as my family attorney. The racial slurrs and the intimidation was all over me being invited in to take advantage of a national advertisment. I understand that there are restrictions and limitations to prmotions but this cost me a day off of work, a rental car, humiliation and being intimidated? I know I have an old car. I get in it everyday and drive it. I don't need to be ridiculed about driving a "dinosaur." I would NEVER take my car to these crooks

• Bu
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Sorry to hear about your experience... But the good thing is they didn't get your money... I also went to one near my house some years back to have them look at my car.. They said I needed a transmission... But I said to my self that is way to high in price.. I will look around.. And I am glad I did.. It was something minor that was needed to be done. And I was so happy that, that place didn't get my business... Every time I pass there I can smile and say to myself you didn't sucker me.. It's hard to find a good place to go to and keep your business there because in my option they all take from your pocket.

• Ru
      6th of Apr, 2018

I took my car in for new transmission seals, and a flush. After I had left, they called me stating that I was in need of a thermostat also. I knew the cost of the seals was 225.00, He explained to me that the thermostat was only 18.00 and because the transmission would be out, it would be an easy fix. I asked what the total would be, and he said 265.00 I asked again, "That's the total, right?" A half hour before I was to pick my car up, they called and told me that my price was 498.00. Bait and switch is one thing. 6 months later, My transmission started leaking again. I posted a rant on Yelp, and they offered to take a look at it for me. Knowing what I had already gone through once, I decided not to accept. It has been just over a year, And guess what needs to be replaced. My thermostat. So I called them to ask what warranty they have on thermostats, And the reply was 90 day's. So I should pay 265.00 every year for a new thermostat, and 225.00 every six months for seals? I don't think so. AAMCO Rancho Cordova, Ca.