24 Hour Fitness / harassing!

I canceled my membership today at 24 hr fitness ft worth and I think someone should know why. I am a figure competitor and have been hanging in gyms for 25 years and since this group of trainers and management came to 24 hr I have not felt at home in this gym. I am a retired trainer who is no longer certified and workout with a friend of 15 years who is also a retired trainer. Naturally we count for each other and encourage each other and probably act like trainers because that is what we used to be. We don't try and get clients, because we don't want any, and we don't even tell people we were trainers. Evidently the trainers at this gym felt threatened by that and complained to the manager brandt. We explained to him that we were both working out just like anyone else that nobody was training anybody and that out of 25 years of habit we still count and encourage and act like trainers. I am in really good shape and lots of people ask me to train them and I say “ am retired” and then I point out a 24 hr fitness trainer and say that they would be glad to help them. I do this at least once a day.

Brandt is more concerned with making his employees happy instead of his members. He never smiles or says hi. Most of the trainers never smile or say hi. Lots of members complain that the staff is rude and they don't feel welcomed when they enter the club. Instead of brandt coming to me and asking me politely what the situation was he comes straight up to me in the hall and immediately threatens to revoke my membership. I have felt that this club is hostile towards me because I am a competitor and has done nothing to be supportive of me in reaching my goals. If they are going to be rude and unsupportable fine but then to try and tell me who I can workout with and how often I can workout with them and even what body parts I can work out with that person is ludicrous.

Comments

• Je
      27th of Oct, 2009

I've never belonged to a gym before. Needless to say, I'm out of shape. I didn't want a high-pressure experience. I told this to the girl who signed me up for the Camarillo 24-hour Fitness. I told her I DID NOT want a personal trainer. I simply wanted someone to give me a tour of the machines. She agreed, then charged me first and last month's membership. $65.00.

She stuck me with a testosterone-happy personal trainer with the last name of Wood. He kept trying to put me through his circuit, and I kept telling him I didn't want to work out. I just wanted an overview of the equipment. He didn't listen, no matter how many times I told him this. In fact, he made me feel small, telling me that I would NEVER get any sort of fitness if I didn't commit to his personal training program. The guy was a scmuck, and I left the gym feeling very uncomfortable. I never went back. $65.00 down the drain.

I complained via the 24-hour fitness website. No one bothered to respond to my email. I called the 1-800 number to cancel my membership, next. The customer service representative told me I would be contacted by a concerned agent. I was never contacted.

The 24-hour Fitness motto goes something like "Fitness on your terms." It's a lie. If you want to belong to this gym, you have to do things THEIR way.