21st Mortgage Corp / harassment

1 po box 477kno, TN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-955-0021

They harass me every month. I went through a banruptcy and stated a new payment plan on feb 28 2008. my first payment on that day was for my march payment, I have made payments before the due date every since then, every month they call and threaten me with eviction, last month my mom was on the operating table having BRAIN SURGERY and 21st mortgage started the phone harassment, I explained to them where I was and that it is an on going dispute and they did not care they called back several times that night and a one point told me to be out by the weekend that thhey were sending someone to repo my house. they are the worst company I have ever dealt with by far, I can't wait to have a day in court with them, I just don't know how to go about getting them into court.

Comments

• Wa
      8th of Jan, 2009

I am so sorry you are having to go through this BS with this 21st Mortgage company!!! My disabled mother is a very sick cancer patient. Her husband, who is the only name on the mortgage, was arrested in November 2008 for crimes that will cause him to die in prison. Mother has only $500 a month income, husband paid all the bills. I immediately alerted 21st mortgage that there were unforseen events and that I was doing everything in my power to get some help for mom and that our priority was to not lose mom's home. At first they talked like they were totally understanding. Now less than two months later they call me every week harrassing me and wanting to know personal details and talking like mom is already dead. I know there is trouble ahead with them. The idea of my mom having to move from her home is terrifying after all she has been through. I can't afford a lawyer as yet. Certainly hope they cannot come in and evict anybody before three years is up at least! It is NOT RIGHT that this company appears to be preying on the oldest and many times sickest people in our society!!! Karma will get them when it's their turn! Wonder how the new President Elect, Obama will feel about this company and their aggressive tactics on the old and sick in our Country? Good Luck to you, I'll say prayers for your mom and for you to be given the tools to save her home!

11th of Feb, 2009

I am also with 21st mortgage since 4/08 and missed 2 payments, made 2 payments in dec, and then missed one in january.So i owe just january, they sent to me a default letter and i told them i would send them the money by this friday, it was last friday when i spoke to them and they have called me twice this week to verify i am sending the payment for jan and feb.If this company isn't harrassing people, i don't know what is. What legally can we do about it, i even asked them to do a loan mod and they said they couldn't because it was a new loan. send me an email at yavonnerelyea@yahoo.com, i can't take it no more!!!

11th of Feb, 2009

I agree with you totally. I had 2 payments due in december, cause i was late for nov payment, then i missed januarys payment and they called last friday and i told them i would make the payment for jan amd feb this friday and they have called me twice since then. Isn't there something legal we can get done with them, if it was anybody else they wouldn't call, like a bank or other mortgage company. Thjis is BS and it has to stop!!! Send me an email at yavonnerelyea@yahoo.com and tell me what i can do, i have asked them to do a loan modification and they said they couldn't because it was a new loan, if i were in here for a year or more, they would work with me.

11th of Feb, 2009

sorry for the 2 posts i didn't think the first one went through, oh well that's what it's doing to me.

• Ca
      22nd of Mar, 2009
    21st mortgage corp - undisclosed inf.
    21st mortgage corp.
    Knoxville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 865 292-2120

we [husband &I] took out a loan with them in nov.2007 we asked if there was a penalty to pay off early we were told no [our loan is for 9+% and we are trying to lower our interest rate as we no longer can afford these payments of over $823 not counting taxes and insurance. plus they never send us any paper work except at tax time when they sent us our interest [which was over $7000] On this tax paper we find out we are stuck with a pre-paid interest of over $2000 this was never mentioned when we took out the loan. i know we were stupid for taking a loan with this kind of payment but our financial situation was better until everything in this country went down EXCEPT our interest rate THE PRE-PAID INTEREST really makes me angry because they didn't disclose this info to us and we have had 3 other home loans and quite a few car loans and we haver never, never ever had this happen before. and we have tried but they won't even talk to us about a lower interest rate until 1/1010.
    to OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS THEY have never heard of such a practice.Although this should make no difference this is a second home

carolyn and gayle boyd
    these kind of loan co. are a disgrace to our great country.

• Si
      23rd of Jun, 2009

It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.

28th of Aug, 2009

These people are disgusting! Recently, they bought the loans of the company with whom I had a second mortgage on my house. There is an offer in to buy the house, and they are now the second lien-holder. They are making little to no attempt to resolve the issue in a reasonable manner, have, by their own admission, no experience with short-sales and have been personally insulting to me on the phone. I'm sorry that they are making every one else so miserable also.
    If they are going to buy short sale properties, then why doesn't someone make an effort to give them short sale training at least so that they would be operating within the realm of reality as to what is possible and reasonable?? It's almost as though they want you to re-default on your loan!

• Cd
      9th of Sep, 2009

If my mortgage is even a day behind 21st Mortgage starts their telephone calls. Some times as many as 6 0r 7 times daily, allowing the phone to ring as 20 or more times. If no one answers their calls. They start finding names and numbers of my relatives and neighbors. They then call these people and preceed to tell them my personal bussiness. 21st Mortgage is horrible and driving me crazy!

• Si
      13th of Oct, 2009

They are charging my scrow with projected payments to vendors throughn 2010. They are horrible!

• Jl
      8th of Dec, 2009

I have fallen behind also, & I've been with them for 3 years now. They have been actually calling my husband at work constantly & his boss sent him home one day because of the harrasing calls! Now how is that going to help them get their money? I put in for a modification & they said they don't do them period! I am still fighting them on it! But I think I will tyr & sue for the phone calls at work. You tell them NOT to call work & their NOT supposed to. My husband's boss said he will write a letter for us saying they harass him at work. If you EVER find out that your loan is going to be with 21st, back out & RUN!

• To
      1st of Sep, 2010

We have been with 21st Mortgage for 11 years. Have never been late until recently. We have asked about a Payment Adjustment. Oh! They can't do that... Well that is BS!!! What is wrong with these people??