2000 Ford Contour / car shakes when driving

1 Toms River, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 732-349-7711

I purchased a BHPH vehicle on January 18, 2008. What a piece of crap it was after the third month. The ABS brakes weren't working so instead of fixing them they disconected them and my Brake Light stays on (still on). Next, the fan belt went and when they towed my car back to there lot the tow truck ruined my alignment on the car. It took them approximate 2 to 3 months to fix it. And by the way I have two children now 4 and 7. Its a very unsafe vehicle for them to be riding in. The next problem I had the car died on me coming home from the pharmacy, their was a brand new battery replaced. So the timing belt was replaced because it was bucking and shaking all over the road before it died in my complex. So, there towing company had to tow it again this time they didn't mess up the alignment but it took them over 3 weeks to fix the car. Now the car is bucking, has no pick up, shakes over 40 mph. I am current with my payments but they won't let me get out of this car and into something else. What am I suppose to do. I have to pick up my daughter from school in a ### car (excuse my language) but I don't even know if I will make to her school and home and then I have to go to work tonight. I am very scared driving it.

Comments

In
  6th of Jun, 2009

Contours are really nice cars when taken care of properly.

You should never buy a car without having it checked first by a mechanic YOU trust. That mechanic is the only one you should go to for anything.

In the seven years I had my 98 Contour, the only problem I had with it was my mom knocking the mirror off when she was driving too close to a fence.

Your car is obviously not well taken care of. Contours generally don't shake until you've reached about 104 to 115 mph. I have friends with Contours who agree.

It's not a POS car. You have POS seller/mechanic.