1and1.comhorrible cancellation process

Hopefully you'll never purchase a domain name from 1and1. I purchased a domain name last January for ~$40 thinking that I would use it and maintain it all year. Well, that never happened and I figured I would just cancel the service.

Herein lies the problem. The way to cancel a 1and1 domain name is to pull your own teeth out. I cancelled once and then a week later I received an email from them saying that they were so thankful that I decided to not cancel and stay. This was odd since I already had cancelled my domain name. Did it again, same thing.

Interestingly enough, two weeks ago I received an $84 charge on my account for that domain name. Haven't used it in eight months and two cancellations later, I have this $84 charge. I'd like to call them and give them a piece of my mind but their "customer service" hours are only between 9AM-5PM...not super great if you have a stressful job and work during those hours.

They also started calling me at least every day for the past month saying how I should try their new service or whatever, I honestly don't know since I've hung up every single time.

Take my advice, don't buy anything from 1and1.

Ra