1800Flowers / unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
I had just checked my account and saw I had been debited from TLG Livwell $11.99. I had sent an inquiry in to my Bank on the transaction because I have seen it on the account and never really knew what it was. My husband deals with the account and he is deployed at the moment. I decided to look up this company and found all Consumer Complaints.

As I was reading through all of the complaints it made sense. I had ordered flowers on Mother's Day in may and now it's october and I am getting debited from this company. I called 1800flowers immediately and as I was talking to the first customer service rep. She hung up on me because I refused to be transferred to Livewell because I had read that no one has received an answer. So... she kept interrupting me said, well... there is nothing I can do for you. I said, well... we will be on the phone for awhile until you can figure this out. She said, No we won't, and HUNG UP on me!!!

I was so offset that the CUSTOMER SERVICE representative responded with such sass. I called back yet again and the second rep said I know exactly what to do and put me on old and then put me on hold again and had transferred me over without telling me. I had the new rep tell me that I had to leave a message with Dave something or other. I had told her about how people have been getting signed up for this without there knowledge. She said, well you need to just talk to Dave but... If he doesn't answer leave a voicemail. I had told her, I will but, I am making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. She paused for a moment and I thought she would actually help but, didn't even care. I think she was trying to think of what the BBB is.

So, I got transferred yet again and left a voicemail for David because of course his phone was off.

It was a loss of 60.00 so far and the first is coming up soon.
Va

Comments

Va
  31st of Oct, 2008
I ordered flowers from 800flowers and later find that the order included a membership to livwell. This membership debited $11.99 from my account each month. I was unable to obtain information from 800flowers and searched the web for Livwell. I sent an email to 4 companies that I found with this name and asked them to discontinue debiting my account. I did not give my address or bank information as I would think if they debited my account they had this information.

2 politely replied that they did not have an account for me and I replied to them thank you for checking. One did not reply and the last livwell replied by telling me that they were reporting me to the Federal Police for scam. For making an inquiry? (I did not give them personal information of where to send anything only a request to cease the debit and refund the $11.99 back the same way that the debited the amount) Very rude and unprofessional.

I have in the meantime taken the time off work to go to my bank and prevent future debits but this company in Australia is not one that seems to run a professional business. I will never use this company and would not recommend it to anyone.
El
  1st of Jan, 2011
Anyone in this situation should call Freed & Weiss to join a building class action against the company behind this scam. (It's pretty easy, just call them and tell them your story).

Trilegiant is the company behind this abuse. They use bogus marketing tactics to get people to unknowingly sign up for memberships and then people are charged every month, again and again.

Call Freed & Weiss! Toll free: 866.799.9610. They need to hear from you so that they can move the class action forward and put a stop to this terrible customer abuse.

Email: info@freedweiss.com

(Tactics include pop-up windows during checkout at another site, text messages with fake gift certificates, bogus checks in the mail, and automated recordings when you pay a bill via phone).

Email: info@freedweiss.com