1-800Balloons.com / wrong product to a wrong address delivery

I ordered 6 mylar balloons online to be delivered July 5, 2016 at my mother's home. She is a stroke victim and currently resides in nursing facility. I was traveling to Virginia to be with her on her birthday, and was planning to bring the balloons to her myself.

I arrived at her home on July 5 and asked the only occupant, my brother, if a delivery had been made. He confirmed that no delivery of any kind had arrived, and no notice had been left. When I visited my mother the next day, her 88th birthday, there were 5 birthday balloons in her room, without any identifying note or information. I assumed they belonged to the other woman who co-occupies the room with my mother.

Since the order I paid for never arrived, I contacted the company to ask for a refund. They claimed that the balloons were delivered on either July 5 or July 6 (though could not confirm which day). A subsequent telephone call revealed that the delivery person claimed that they had left a notice and had been told that my mother was in a nursing home. They could not confirm who told them, or when. I replied that there was no note with the balloons in the room, and that there were only 5 and I had ordered 6. 1-800Balloons.com response on voicemail was that they would deliver a rose. When, or where, or even to whom, was not disclosed.

This online company delivered the wrong product to a wrong address, changing that address without my authorization, and did not offer to credit me for my expenditure. I strongly recommend those interesting in sending balloons choose a different vendor.

Se
Jan 11, 2017

Comments

• Br
      13th of Mar, 2009

companies like this along with 1800flowers, justforyou flowers and many more are nothing but order gatherers. they have people setting in a cubeicle answering the phone and taking orders. charging the customer more money than they should. when order is taken they do not deliver them. they will call a local florist in area delivery is to be made and a lesser dollar amount is given for order. i know i have checked in to this. thats why yhe public needs to buy local for their area. then you will know what you are getting and if any complaints you can go straight the location.

• He
      21st of Oct, 2018
    1-800-Balloons - Quality of Flowers
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    1-800-balloons.com

I ordered these flowers 'Spring Sonata' for my daughters 21st birthday The arrangement is bulked up with cheap looking flowers (see attached advertised vs actual photo). It doesn't match the description, delivered in a square glass vase not a terracotta pot!. Aside from the $43 cost, they look carelessly arranged and cheap. V Disappointed.