Coles Supermarketscheckout service at coles belconnen westfield

J

I had opted to patiently wait along a regular assisted check out (rather than do the self-check out) with a full basket, but this lady from the service corner approached me and condescendingly said "in here, we use common sense and with a basket, we use the self check out", TWICE. I had a lot of things on my mind and this was a choice I made, so I don't understand why she had to come over and repeatedly tell me to use "common sense". Was it because I was Asian and I looked "lost"? (Debatable - as I said, I just had a lot on my mind.) I've been living in Australia since I was a kid - and this is the FIRST TIME I encountered such disrespect. I hate to think that there may have been racism involved. Besides, that was my choice and I don't think I was bothering anyone by that (there were no people waiting after me in the queue).