Cogeco Cablecustomer service/billing

R

Cogeco...

To whom it may concern,

It's with complete astonishment and disbelieve, that I am even having to reach this point of frustration. I have never in my life dealt with a group of customer service agents, nor a management team that has been so unhelpful, down right ignorant and rude; of course that is when they actually take the time to even attempt to assist you in achieving any kind of resolution; however to do so they would be required to acknowledge your existence.

I have reach a point of frustration that no customer should ever have to find themselves in... This will be my last attempt to resolve the details of my cogeco services; any further discrepancies/suspensions or disrupted services experienced, will be fallowed by the cancellation of my services and a reach out to publication. With that said I am trusting that this complaint be forwarded to the appropriate recipients.

I first contacted Cogeco as a service provider on February 19th, 2016, (online) I received a very prompted, call from a sales representative by the name of zack( if my memory serves me right). With complete ease I had made my decision as to what service I wanted to move forward with and to my surprise, the service was scheduled for install the fallowing day! left With a fantastic first impression I felt confident of
my choice in obtaining Cogeco as my service provider.

On February 20th, 2016 I eagerly awaited the installation technician; upon arrival the against was very pleasant, I inquired about the equipment that was being activated as it didn't appear as I would have expected an advanced modem to appear he assured me he would verify with my service order that it was the correct modem. Very quickly I was up and running.

Over the course of the next few nests I found that my service seemed to be lagging when all my devices were in a connected state, I figured I would await my first pill and would make amendments based of my account usage. On April 12th I arrived home to find my internet services in a non-functioning state, I contacted technical support to resolve the matter. I was then informed that my account had been moved into a suspended state! Surprised as for whatever reason I believed April 19th was said to be my first billing date, I assumed there must be some kinda misunderstanding. Once I was put in contact with billing I was informed that in fact my billing date had been April 1st and had been returned "insufficient founds". Payment arrangements were noted to the account and reconnection was issued . While discussing my experience with my Cogeco services thus far, we were able to establish that indeed the equipment that had been installed did not match that of my requested modem. The agent scheduled a equipment swap for April 13th and I was assured this would be done at no cost of my own, as it was not of my doings. A credit for the "NSF" fee, a credit for the incurred rental costs of the incorrect equipment as well as a discount for the modem rental cost I believe for 3months he stated was to be applied to the account. Unfortunately myself and the install technician missed each other; my building is without a buzzer system. The appointment was rescheduled for April 14th, the equipment swap was a success and I registered " my account " as to be able to see the details of my services. The fallowing day as I logged into " my account" I observed a drastic jump in my bandwidth usage I immediately contacted customer service to investigate the spiked usage(225Gb in a 4hr block of time). The agent assisted me in ensuring my network security was established, he also discussed some promotions Cogeco had been offering. I decided on making an addition to my services, I added Tivo on a "perfect mix" package till I became acquainted with the service; install was schedule for April 19. I was informed that he was going to be noting to my account to credit the overage and that he was going to wave the install fee as a gesture of appreciation. Once the TiVo was up and running, the technician(Richard) was a great asset in giving me a crash course on the operations of the TiVo.

Around this time ï was contacted in regards to the status of my payment as it had yet to be received, when I contacted my bank it was discovered that a mistake had been made while inputting the account information and that the founds were being returned to my account and I would have to correct the account details and resubmit my payment.

On Monday April 25th I received the the returned funds in my bank account, I then contacted Cogeco billing department to inquire as to the best means for making a prompt payment, at this time I was informed that if my payment wasn't received by Thursday April 28th, that my per authorized payment details would be voided and new banking details would be required, this suited me just fine as I had recently opened a new account and was going to be closing the account on file regardless... However what posed to be a problem in my opinion was that I had yet to receive an updated invoice that was reflective of the actual account balance after the multitude of amendments to my service agreement as well as credits to be applied. The $191.87 that once was my balance would no longer be reflective of my current account balance, yet the agent was insistent of $191.87 to be my payment regardless of changes.. I purposely waited I till April 29th to make payment as she was adamant about current banking information be voided which I wanted and also I waited in hopes I would be in receipt of an updated account balance and could make payment accordingly. I did not receive an update as to my account balance so I personally did a rough estimate of my expected amount due and made a payment via prepaid visa of $80.40.

I was finally in receipt of a " said to be updated" bill on the evening of Friday May 6th, of $278.84!! Nothing about that amount reflected the actual standings of my account balance... So concerned and rather annoyed by this point, I planned to contact Cogeco billing department on the Monday to fallow up whit this discrepancy, to my surprise on Monday May 9th before I even get a chance to be in contact to discuss the freshly posted "incorrect" bill, my services had pbeen suspended yet again! So after being tossed from one department to the next and absolutely no one being able to assist me in finding what my real account balance is, I discover that contrary to what I had been informed about my bank account information being voided as of April 29th, that in fact there was an attempt of withdrawal on my bank account of $67.69... Where the documentation of this statement came from and when this statement was produced to even notify me of a scheduled per authorized withdrawal in this amount; could very well be added to the list of "the wonders of the world"! So *7 employee's later( not one helpful in the lest and instead all were rude, ignorant, and down right offensive at times ) the supposedly current account balance is said to be $134.82 and although not $278.84 as previously believe by all 7 employees I encountered, and nearing 7hrs of dropped calls and call backs, reinstatement of my service was refused till payment is received! Even though there was not any grounds for the account to be subject to a suspension in the first place! I request to speak to a supervisor multiple times throughout the day with no call back or contact of any kind! Day 2: Tuesday May 10th I make online banking payment of $134.82 even tho I know the amount is still not correct in the lest.. I call in to billing department to report the payment and to see if there has been any advancement in the discovery of my account details, few different transfers and a few departments later; I'm told my account is $ 134.82 passed due and suspension stands till payment is received! I request a supervisor call back again... Day 3 Wednesday May11th (still no service) make a few different attempt to talk to billing department but with each attempt I was met with seemingly increasing state of agitation... At point I give up. Day 4 Thursday May 12th (still no service *still not one supervisors call back) I decide to try to call in again one last time, beyond frustrated and angry as one can be in my situation... Two departments later I'm seemingly talking with someone who for the first time in 4 days seems to even be listening to me while I try to explain the events that have lead up to this day, she reviews the notes on the account as well as the statements and in her calculations there is *$172.46* worth of credits that have yet to be applied to my account that's just based off the notes made to my account and not including payments made or anything else. I'm then put on hold, as she is try's to get in touch with billing supervisor and get my services reconnected. As I wait on hold exhausted with the hassles of my entire Cogeco experience my call waiting goes off but can't switch over now that I'v come this far.. The agent returns to me and says the service still can be reinstated because the credits still require approval! I thank the women on the other end of the debauchery that is Cogeco at this point and hang up the phone. I then check the voice mail from the missed call to find it was a message from the billing supervisor, I quickly call back and go over the whole chain of events again sounding like a broken record; she tells me that if I provide my new banking information that she well reinstate my services, she explains that there will be no withdrawals to my account in till July 2016 as the withdrawal submissions for June payments have already been sent off to the banks. I request reassurance of our convention a few times, attempting to give myself some kinda peace of mind! We go over her account of the balance on the account which is now believed to be in a credited state of *$-34*! Service returns around 10pm Thursday May 12th. All is seemingly corrected and in good standings I periodically check in on the "my account" and see adjustments being applied over the fallowing few weeks. I receive notification of June's bill being available at 12:30 am Tuesday June 7th, the account balance is $85.28 due to be withdrawn on Friday July 1st 2016, in the Am of June 7th I login to "my account" to review bill details, everything seems to be in order other then in the account overview page it says (account balance of $298) so to get the ball rolling on correcting this I call in to customer service to verify the standings of the account, I'm assured that everything is good and next bill is $85.28 and will come out July 1st.. I take a deep sigh of relief, I then change my tv package and call it a day, I login in to "my account" to review my channel line up and notice I'd like to get a few more channels so I use the email a call back request selection, I miss the call in the after noon and I think nothing of it, I later go and check my email to find a email from Cogeco informing me of a failed per authorized payment attempt! And here we go again! So I get home to find my internet service has been suspended now for the 4th time in 4months I check into the details of my bill it clearly states Bill issue date June 3rd, withdrawal date July 1st of $85.28, yet it now says $85.28 was attempted June 6th and was returned, and now shows account balance of $330!! I have experienced $150 worth of NSF bank fees, collectively -approximately 5-6 days worth suspended service and more hours then I could even begin to want to get into!

I called into customer service and they told me there's nothing they can do... That I have to call back in the morning and someone will have to looking in to it... Ugh I'm not doing this again!

So what's next? ... When dose this get resolved? ...What's this going to cost me? ...And the ultimate question" where's my compensation? ...Is someone going to reimburse me for bank fees I'v had to pay? ...Even after being told %150 there would NOT BE a withdrawal? And where's the documentation where it says that your going into my bank account to take this money out? ...Don't I have a legal right to be notified if your going to touch my bank? ...Am I not even worthy of the acknowledgement of these situations? ...Do I not deserve the right of an apology? ...

I'v reached the end of my rope! ...I don't know what to do! ...

I'm completely lost for words, I'v heard of horror stories but I'v lived this one!

No customer should ever have to goes through anything like this, let alone even think of this as a " it could happen to you!...

Sincerely,