Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Dental Services Coast Dental Services Overcharged due to disregard of hmo procedures

Coast Dental Services  -  Overcharged due to disregard of hmo procedures

K
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Beginning in December of 2020, I engaged Dr. Alfred Choi of Coast Dental in North Fort Myers to repair significant problems with my teeth. The first appointment involved Dr Choi looking at a severely decayed bottom tooth and wiggling the teeth around it. He proposed that we start that day and replace several teeth. He refused to give me a Proposed treatment plan as I declined service that day. I was waiting for an HMO plan from Humana to begin on January 1. The Office manager had already called Care Credit to have my credit line increased. I returned to the office on January 6, 2021 with my new Insurance card. I was informed at that time that full payment was expected at time of service and I would receive a refund from the insurance company. X-rays were taken and I received treatment plans for both upper and lower teeth. The following only refers to my upper teeth. That day I paid $1153.75 for Delux Partial Upper. Per HMO, the cost should have been $525. On February 11, 2021, I had 7 teeth pulled, Bone replacement graft and guided tissue regeneration, I paid $6, 293. for this procedure. the cost per HMO should have been $2, 018. All following procedures (implants) were paid for in full as they were not covered in the HMO. I have called the Office Manager and the Insurance company many times to rectify this problem. I maintain, that the Dentist, Dr. Alfred Choi owes me $4, 382 in overpayment for services. Finally, I am told by my Insurance Help Line that the $525 was to pay for a permanent partial. Aside from overcharging me initially, he intends to charge me again to replace this ill fitting temporary partial. I conclude, that Dr Choi and his office have committed theft by deception. In all, I am waiting for a refund of $4382 but expect a full refund to help cover the extra cost I will incur getting this job finished.

More Coast Dental Services complaints & reviews