ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

Coast Dental ServicesBilling

I visited the NSB office on November 13th. I was previously at a different dentist in March 2020. The unfortunately did not accept my insurance anymore. When I made my appt I told them I have been and had X-rays they told me ok and where. I let them know. When I went for my appt they took MORE and additional x-rays. When I questioned they said I will find out later. Then a dentist or someone came in and poked at my gums. Mainly 2-3s, maybe two 4s nothing higher. I was informed I needed an intermediate deep cleaning and it wouldn't be covered by insurance. I said I just wanted to normal cleaning and they refused to. I was told it was just like going into the doctors and them finding cancer and then not informing me and letting me live with cancer. Needless to say I walked out. I received a bill for $112 that my insurance didn't pay because they already paid for that service back in March. I called my insurance and explained the situation and they said they would pay it this one time. Then I received another bill for $14. My insurance only paid $98. I called my insurance and they informed me the dentist did not submit on the bitewings. If they wanted the additional funds they would have to resubmit. I have called and left messages and even email Coast Dental and no one has called me back. I called the office to ask them to resubmit and they wouldn't take my call because they are having a "high call volume". The bill is going to be paid if they talk to me and resubmit.

Please note this was also during the pandemic where people do not have the additional funds to pay for things. I was doing the right thing and getting my teeth cleaned.

Billing