City Of Buford GasUnfair Practice of Deposit requirements

A

I have been a customer in great standing with City of Buford Gas for 13 years. I called today to transfer my service to a new address. I was told there would be a $235.00 deposit added to my first bill and there was no way to waive this fee. I thought I would check other companies for a different service provider. I found that there is not another one for my area so I am stuck paying this deposit. This is an unfair practice to loyal customers that have always paid their bill with this company. And it is unbelievable in this day and time that there is not another option. There is no competition for this company and they know it so they can charge whatever they can get away with! Back in 2012 there were so many complaints that the state purposed making changes in deposit requirements with gas companies and many complaints were against Buford for this practice. This may be legal but it sure is NOT fair to those that are stuck in this situation.

• Ci
    CIndy 101 Nov 19, 2018

Why is City of Buford allowed to charge a $235.00 deposit to establish service? I have been a paying customer for 9 years and recently purchased another house and was told a $235.00 deposit would be billed on the first bill.