CIC CE Credit ReportCharging $12.95 a month out of checking account

M

They have charged $12.95 a month out of my checking account for the past two months. I DON'T WANT A CREDIT REPORT SERVICE! Just looked into free credit report to see what was entailed, and all of the sudden they are taking out money every month. Don't need it..don't want it. How do we get rid of them??

• Ky
    Kyle Aug 08, 2016

I feel there should be a class action suit against this company to get the money back. I wish I knew where to actually start when filing a class action suit against a company.

• Al
    Allie R Aug 08, 2016

If you want your money back you need to call them and tell them about the situation. Of course you must remember that you will be talking to an idiot. I told the girl that I was wondering why I was charged for services I did not receive. I said I had got no email, phone call, or posted mail informing me of expiration, access or billing. Call this number

[protected]. Save your self and get your money back. Make sure to tell all your friend s and family.

Hope this helps!!

Marjorie Rootz Aug 08, 2016

I noticed that everyone had the same complaint as I did, but has anyone found out how to put a stop to the charges? Plz advise smb!

• Co
    Colette Kosonovich Aug 08, 2016

They keep taking $11.95 a month out of my bank account and I still have not seen any credit report, nor did I authorize them to keep taking money out of my account every month. I want this to stop immediately

John Howard Aug 08, 2016

This company has been billing me since Feb. for services I didn't want. The phone# on my credit card shows up exactly as above [protected]) with 1 digit conveniently missing so I couldn't contact them. I think this company is ripping me and other people off.

• Ed
    Edie Aug 08, 2016

In an effort to clean up her credit my daughter signed up with Triple Advantage to get free credit reports. She did not register for any extra benefits and should but since that time has been getting monthly charges on her debit card. She has twice called the company to request that they stop charging her, they have agreed to do so each time, but continue to charge her account each month. This is the worst! Totally unfair to take advantage of people who are attempting to use their services to get their finances in order!

• Cl
    Claude Blackmon Aug 08, 2016

I tried this credit reporting agency, which stated that the service was free for 30 days, the company was notified 10 days prior to expiration was trial period. I was Debited $12.95 from my checking account with no approval by me, what plan of action is there for me to get my money back, this theft that this company has committed. Advise smb!

• Ke
    kelvin smith Aug 08, 2016

I feel that companies like that should be tried and convicted and subjected to prison time and required to make restitution to all those they frauded out of their hard earn money.

Marilyn Diaz Aug 08, 2016

Totally agree. I just had my card replaced and already I just got online and it's only a $1.00, but of course that is too check that you have a valid account. But Thank got bank declined it, they didn't have the right experiation date. Other wise who knows, but I am still tracking.

• Ci
    Cindy L. Aug 08, 2016

This company charged my credit card without permission to do so. It really amazes me that they charged my card $80.00 total.

jeff g Aug 08, 2016

I just noticed an unauthorized charge of $14.95 to my card and called the bank to reverse it. I see that many others have had this occur, but unlike some, I never signed up for a service or gave them my credit card number. I am somewhat disturbed by this, as I am unaware as to how they got my credit card info in the first place.

My wife had something similar happen with another company just within the last two weeks. I hope the economy hasn't kicked off a rash of bogus charges by unscrupuous companies on the unsuspecting public with the hopes that most won't notice. I will be checking my account daily from here on out.

saraboykin Jan 20, 2011

They did the same thing to me and I was charged 14.95 when I signed up for a free 7 day trial on annualcreditreport.com. Then, when I called in the lady said my account went past the 7 days even though I just did it the same day. Then she said she cancelled. When I checked my account and saw the charge I called again and the lady argued with me and told me that my account never even went through and then continued to argue and say that only a 1.00 charge was on my account to verify it, I told her that she was wrong and that my account was charged the 14.95 and she said I had to wait 3-5 business days and then if it goes through call again blah blah. She was rude. We are an Army family and this is how we get treated? I am so- angry. I am going to call the 1 800 number Mitch provided which is the same number that was on my account, but I will also be filing a dispute so that they never go through my account again!

• Id
    idp_nl Jan 10, 2011

My credit card was charged by CIC CE Credit report with 43 euro, as a result of multiple charges in a day.

I never heard of this company and I never gave any of my data to this company. My bank blocked my card as a result of this fraud attempt.

I am not sure how this fraud happened, I am really careful with my credit card data. According to the comments I see here, this company is mostly targeting US accounts. I live in the Netherlands and I traveled to US last March and after that I have only made a transaction through credit card recently with a famous company in the US. I was really displeased with that transaction, but I will look this further before posting the company name, since I am not sure they are responsible for the disclosure of my data.

It's so surprising that this CIC CE Credit is been active since 2007 at least! How are they allowed to continue doing this?

johneucare Nov 16, 2010

I had the same exact experience as the previous complaint described. After finding an UNAUTHORIZED charge to my checking account I found out that it was from Freecreditreport.com after apparently not canceling service that was deceivingly slid into a $1 check your credit score offer I had paid for a little over a week before. I am now in the process of posting to everyone I know and anywhere on the Internet I can find about this experience since apparently even my bank now will not reverse the charges. This will be the toughest $19.95 they ever stole from anyone because I know how much bad press I can stir up... Too bad they had have to steal to stay in business but this victim is NOT rolling over for it.

ChristianCCCC Sep 13, 2009

I am sueing them with my lawyer on monday. I called twice and spoke to two supervisors who told me it would be canceled. I got a letter saying they increased the charge due to cost of service. No cancelation letter. They are thieves!

• Di
    dipak1939 Aug 24, 2009

I never puchase any product from this compay or not authorise on internet.
    so i dont know why they charge me $24.95 .
    please let me explain that how can i get credit back.

Regards,

• Ti
    Tim Jun 17, 2009

I tried to call the number and cancel, and i was informed they couldn't because there system is down. She said the rain is causing it! Give me a break.

Janet A Jun 16, 2009

If this isn't illegal, IT SHOULD BE.

We did the 'FREE' credit report also. In order to actually get the report, you are forced to select an option, which apparently signs you up for this service. Whether you want it or not, you have no choice, in order to access your 'FREE' credit report.

BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE. Guess the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" applies to this also.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to cancel this service. Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow to try cancel this ripoff. There is no answer at that number at night.

• Sl
    SLH May 13, 2009

If you are a Countrywide customer, it could be because you accepted a free offer from them because your loan information was compromised and freecreditreport.com did not process it properly.

• Sl
    SLH May 13, 2009

A couple of things:

1. I'm so glad to see this public forum with both helpful information AND validation.

2. Thank you very much to the person who posted the phone number. I used it and it was helpful.

3. I too was perplexed by the source of the charges, but have now figured it out and now that I have...I AM FURIOUS.

4. I think this is related to a Countrywide incident that occurred in September of 2008.

5. I was part of a large group of people who had a Countrywide home loan that was compromised by a fraudulent Countrywide employee. We all received notifications that our personal information had been accessible by an employee who turned out to be conducting criminal activities. Countrywide notified us of the risk and offered a free one year subscription to a credit reporting agency as a way of offering some level of protection and compensation for our troubles. We were given a website and a promo code. Literally thousands of us must have logged on about the same time, which may have caused some trouble for freecreditreport.com's website. I do know that I had to try to get in 3 times and that while I did follow the directions in the Countrywide letter, and I did use the promo code, it was very difficult to accomplish. I remember being suspicious and frustrated at the time. Now Melissa at freecreditreport.com [protected]) tells me that she has no record of my having used the Countrywide promo code, that I am signed up as a regular member and that freecreditreport.com considers their $12.95 monthly charges to me to be legitimate and nonrefundable. She has cancelled my account as of today and has given me an address where I can send my letter from Countrywide to prove it was supposed to be a free gift account to me so I can ATTEMPT to be refunded.

6. I cannot BELIEVE the vicious irony of being associated with this company BECAUSE my identity and finances had ALREADY been compromised. It's Murphy's Law on steroids with artillery.

7. I am HUGELY suspicious of this company (freecreditreport.com) not only because of how flakey the original login process was, but also because of the sheer numbers of us who seem to be in the same predicament. A handful of people is user error, websites FULL of people is company malfeasance.

8. I can't help but wonder if Countrywide (B0fA) knows what happened to their gift.

9. I could go on, and I'm sure you can detect that in this post, but my point has been made and I'd better go before my rant rambles on further. ;) Let me just say that many of you may be Countrywide customers too and I wish you well with your attempts to rectify this. Thanks for your help in my efforts. Take care.

• Ro
    Rob Banks Apr 15, 2009

Step 1.) Call [protected]
    2.) Press 1
    3.) Tell them to cancel your account and give you a FULL refund. Be civil. Be calm.
    (they will probably put you on hold here)
    4.) Decline their offer for a 1-month refund. Ask them for their name and employee number for your police report. Ask for a manager, get her name and employee number as well. Be civil. Be calm.
    5.) At this point, they gave me a full refund for all charges including taxes.

• El
    elena Mar 15, 2009

i am being charged 6 times amonth for this i never ordered credit reports!!! and to make matters worse is that this is my debit card they are taking money from how do we stop them isnt this illegal??????

jessicer420 Mar 10, 2009

I'm sorry, but this was your fault. Nothing in life is free. Cancel your credit card and don't use it for "free" stuff anymore.

• Ls
    lsgreeneyez21 Mar 09, 2009

i went on to there website and got a free credit report one time. then a month later i was charged 16.26 for something that i didnt even want. then i called the 1-800 number and the guy on the could not speak no english at all and i wanted to speak to someone else and he was ver yrude to me and he kept saying thst his supervisor will be right with me and the whole time i was waiting he kepted pushing buttons in my ear and telling me over and over that his supervisor will be right with me and then after 10 minutes i got hung up on. Them credit people need to hire people who speak english and aint so rude!!!

• U2
    U2defineU Feb 27, 2009

On February 2, 2009, I was notified by HEWFCU that my account was more than 31 days overdrawn. Please make deposits suffiecient to cover all transaction and fees. After receiving this statement, I decided to contact HEWFCU in order to resolve the current negative balance. I was told that CIC CE Credit Report had debit the account on several occasion in the amount of 14.95. After speaking with HEWFCU - Branch Manager, I called the number provided for CIC CE Credit Report [protected]) the number instructed me to call [protected] which was not a correct listing for CIC CE Credit Report. I searched the internet and found information alongside multiple complaints for unathorize debit of charge accounts and correct contact information. I called CIC CE Credit Report a.k.a. FreeCreditReport.com representaive Liz employee #433 explain that the company was charged with monitoring my credit and with doing so there is a monthly fee of 14.95. I explain to Liz employee #433 this was being done without permission. I request to have the account cancelled and my charge account refund for the charged amounts. She stated the company do not offer refunds and besides it to your advantage that we monitor your credit "to prevent fraud". I responded well your company just commited fraud against me and I would like to file a complaint "can I speak with a manger" she replied NO, I can have my supervisor review your account or write to P.O 19729, Irvin CA 92623. I accept both and was told that my charge account will refunded in 7-10 days. This company needs to STOP deceptive business practice before it subjected to a lawsuit

• Ro
    RONDA Feb 25, 2009

I ordered on line for a free credit report, they said they needed credit card info for verifaction of identity. 3 days later i got charged 39. 95. Im trying to find phone number for this company with no avail. This is a scam

• Gr
    grneye68 Feb 14, 2009

Contacted center through internet trying to find my credit score. After being told to cancel and not charge my credit card again, they are still taking 14.95 off my card monthly.

chad0420 Feb 11, 2009

My credit card was charged for a free credit report that I didn't get online. I would like to know what I need to do to get my money back.

• Ne
    nessaxoxo Feb 05, 2009

I just called and cancelled the "membership" that I NEVER signed up for, and the man tried telling me that I had to call back before the 4th every month to make sure I wasn't going to be charged! WTF? If this isn't a scam I don't know what is. . .THANK YOU VERY MUCH FREECREDITREPORT.COM!!! I used to sing that stupid song all the time, but now it sucks!!!

christinaortiz Jan 25, 2009

went online and they took out 14.95 without me knowing and i want it back. never went through this company. and i dont need a credit report. another place has done this recently too.

Jenwer Jan 14, 2009

I think I may have had a credict check with them too and they to took 14 out if mine and my husbands account making us even more minus then we where allready.Witch sucks because we wanted to take our kids to chuckie cheese and I wanted to get a pair of pants that are only sold at the mall in my moms hometown and I have a coupon and now I can't even do that on Monday.This sucks.

• Lo
    Lori Dec 24, 2008

This happened to me too. My husband and I checked our credit scores online a few months back. Since then, CIC Triple Advantage has been charging us for $14.95 twice per month (for me and my husband, I guess). We didn't know we signed up for any extra services. And like many people, we overlooked our credit card statements. I called my credit card company immediately and talked to the fraud department. The fraud department credited me all the charges. They issued me a new card so that CIC can never charge me again. So please try to contact your credit card company right away.

• Br
    Brian1982 Dec 18, 2008

I did a Credit Report a month ago and i was charged $14.00 they never said anything about an on going charge on top of that it put me negitive in my account so i want my $14.00 plus the $35.00 over draft charge back in my account

• Ne
    Neil Dec 09, 2008

I also recieved a charge to my card recently by this company. Can someone tell me how to fix this because I can't seem to find a number anywhere to call for information!!!

christina carlstrom Dec 06, 2008

went online today to check my visa account and said purchase pending, they took thirteen dollars off my account without me knowing it and i want it back i don't need any credit report serivces

• Gr
    Grace Waithera Nov 22, 2008

Please cancel all further requests for payments in the amount of $14.95 from my Chase Credit Card.

• Po
    poochie Nov 21, 2008

charged my credit card 14.95 i never gave permission to do

• Po
    poochie Nov 21, 2008

never gave permission to charge my credit card

• Di
    Diane M. Coe Nov 18, 2008

I did not want a monthly credit report. I only wanted to inquire about a one time report on my credit. I did not authorize continual monthly reports with a charge to my credit card. Please stop the monthly credit reports immediately. Please debit my credit card account in the amount of $25.90 for the last two months (October and November, 2008)

• As
    ashley Nov 12, 2008

i was on freecreditreport.com a few days ago... i put my credit card info in thinking there are people out there that want to keep looking at their credit report. i was checking my check book online and there is a charge for 14.95??? i havent called yet but what is there deal. i thought that they were the best credit place you can go to to get your credit score. you always see them on tv... i guess we know why now??