ChubbyChicoCharms.comBuyer beware!

ChubbyChicoCharms.com - www.chubbychicocharms.com

I ordered a number of charms from Cubby Chico Charms. When I received my order 24 charms of a particular kind were missing. There was a note stating that these were backordered (although when I ordered them their site said they had them in stock), and that the missing items would be shipped the following week. I did not receive them. All my attempts to contact the company went unanswered. I left voice mails, I e-mailed multiple times and I sent them a letter. I received no response whatsoever. I have since found that many, many other people have had this same problem. I was unable to resolve the issue through PayPal because by the time I got frustrated enough with their non-response it was past the 45 day resolution period for PayPal, although they did say they would log the complaint on Chubby Chico's account information that they keep. I do not know what the problem is with this company but my complaint seems far from an isolated or unusual case. BUYER BEWARE!

• Bc
    BC Beyer Sep 06, 2015

Thank you all so very much. I was going to order a necklace which reads "A piece of my heart is in heaven" My daughter's father passed away about six months ago, I have purchased the floating charms necklace not to long after but i saw this in one of the ads on facebook n thought of her. I created an account with them. I received an email for 10% off so I thought I would go ahead n get it. The code was not valid n I just received the email yesterday. while looking for promo codes I came across this site. I am so very glad I read reviews/complements/complaints. I thank all of you much for your words which I'm sure has saved me a stressful headache...bc beyer

• La
    Lady Mina May 13, 2015

I've had nothing but problems from day one. They never return calls and when they do, they pass the ball to someone else and say they'll call you back today "I promise". Today is May 12th and I've been trying to talk to someone in regards to my order since April 12th. Yes, I even talk to the owner myself and he was very nice. He promised he was going to make sure someone called me before 4pm on Monday, even gave me her direct number. Today is Wednesday, she never called and I've left several messages. My take on this is they truly don't need our business, we are perhaps to small for them. I have a few pages on FB, one of them with over 206k people others with 30k. A lot of these followers are jewelry makers and I had in the pass told them about Chubby Chico. Everyone I have recommended that became a client to them (about 50+ people), have never shopped with them again. They claimed the customer service is absolutely beyond horrible, some of them never received their orders or got refunds. I have to this date ignored what they've said and have given them a chance, but I can see even loyalty does not work. Honestly, I have no idea how they are still in business, I would never do this to a client, big or small, they pay my rent and they are all equally valuable. Very sad

• My
    My Destiny Foundation Dec 11, 2014

I would like to revise our comment above.. We were able to resolve our issues with the company. I worked with the owner directly who was more than willing to resolve any issues that we had, we sorted out what needed to be done and we were very happy with our order and will continue to order the bracelets and key rings for our foundation!

• My
    My Destiny Foundation Nov 13, 2014

I have been dealing with this company for just over a year. I have received the WORST customer service. My orders change with no notice and at times the orders are not complete with no resolution. The owner is absolutely horrible. We are a nonprofit relying on the items we ordered from them for proceeds. At no time did I feel comfortable with dealing with them.. I have actually felt harassed. Its a shame.. For a local business with a great product, I will NEVER deal with them again nor will I ever refer them to others. How she is still in business is beyond me!

• El
    E Lawless Nov 03, 2014

I placed an order on Oct 5th, my credit card was charged on Oct 6th. I received a confirmation e-mail along with a post office tracking number on Oct. 7th stating that I would receive my order within 7-10 business days. After waiting until Oct 26th, well beyond the 10 days I tried e-mailing with no reply. Then I called, got answering machine telling me they would call m back within 24 hours. Wrong. Waited 2 days then when I called mailbox was full. Tried postal tracking number, post office told me number was assigned but package was never sent . Called Master Card who started inquiry as to why I was charged but had no merchandise sent. I then e mailed Chubby Chico Charms telling them I was going to inform Better Business Bureau and Rhode Island Attorney General Consumer Affairs Div. Boy did I get a scathing e mail the same day (finally) from Chubby C C telling me not to threaten them and that the AG had given them a business award. So be aware of who NOT to do business with !

• Ra
    Raemarie Oct 09, 2014

I ordered a bracelet 3 months ago that I have yet to receive due to an error in shipment and they have been absolutely no help to me any time l have tried to call to straighten matters out. They're not willing to send out a new bracelet or refund my money. I will NEVER order from them again or recommend them to ANYONE.

• Jk
    jkiko Sep 18, 2014

I agree with Jayne. If you place an order you should get it, and if the order is wrong, then the company should resolve it quickly.
    Evidently Earrings by Kate is a ### who thinks people should just give their hard earned money away to CCC. If its so hard to run a small business, then don't have one..People should get what they pay for.What about Jesse Kaufman who is owed 1335.00 for work done for CCC. Should she just Lol that too..Don't think you would if it were your money.Get a brain..I hope Marie C is doing a better job then previous worker..

• Vw
    v.winston Aug 29, 2014

Received my "Half my hearts in Heaven" bangel bracelet today and I am VERY DISAPOINTED. I know you get what you pay for but this is unexceptable. The charm looks like crap. It looks like it was found on the street. This was bought as a Christmas gift for my Niece who lost her Son 6 years ago. Tried calling the 800# and of course mailbox is full so now lets see if they will answer my email. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE!!

• Be
    Betty Boree May 15, 2014

I too placed a large order with Chubby Chico. I also received a text from Alana telling me since I had order gold in my items it would take longer. I have since placed several phone calls and emails and still no solution to this problem. I am not bored and I have given them plenty of chances since 1/15/2014 $149.00 worth of chances. I would never have order this much items but I had placed several small orders and I did receive my order and I liked what I got. Thanks for the number to the Attorney Generals` office that is my next step.

• Pe
    Pete's wife Apr 20, 2014

So incredibly disappointed. Ordered 4 Easter bangles about 3 weeks ago. The money was very quickly taken out of my account. Never received the bangles. Called Chubby on Thursday and they said they should be in on Friday. They were not. Called back Friday. Begged the company to overnight them because I wanted to give them out on Easter. Company said there is no way they would do that because overnighting them would cost $25. They were going to try to figure something out... And promised to call me back in 15 minutes. I confirmed my number with them and waited... No phone call back. I called Saturday several times. No response. Also emailed 2 times. So what could have been an easy fix made your company have one less customer. And as I share this, I see and know about several other disappointed customers!!! Too bad... prices are great and jewelry is great ... But customer service sucks. I'd rather pay more to get what I want... When I want it. Your off my list. :(

• Sh
    Sharon Shook's Creations Mar 26, 2014

I can't believe this woman is still in business. My experiences with Chubby Chico Charms have been beyond ridiculous. Items ship much later than policy states. Tracking numbers rarely get sent. Emails and phone call inquiries regarding orders go unanswered. My fiancé also had a very bad experience with them when he ordered supplies for me because I was tired of dealing with them. The only time they ever responded to us was to tell us they were ending our "business relationship" because we filed a claim to regain losses due to orders not received and or filed a negative review on BBB. They caused me to lose sales and make my business look bad because I had custom orders to make and delivery got pushed way back waiting on delivery of the charms they sell. BUYER BEWARE!! They are NOT worth the headache!!

Chelsea D May 20, 2013

I run a small charmed jewelry business where proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project so obviously Chubby chico charms is the only place I found amazing charms, exactly what I wanted in them but the service blows! at first it was all good, everything came in on a good time. Then there's was missing charms, packages were taking forever to come in, tracking numbers that didn't work, sometimes I didn't get the email that is even sent and two months ago I didn't receive a big order after a month so I contacted her saying I didn't receive it, they just sent me a tracking number which I never got in the first place and it didn't even show any tracking. So I called and called and emailed then two weeks later after playing phone tag and no answers, she finally emailed me saying there's nothing she can do and that it probably got lost and it was my fault that I didn't purchase any insurance, which involves contacting them after I place my order...
    Basically this website is making my business look bad and I love what I do and do not want to shut it down because of this girl. Until I can find other sites that provide awesome charms like that site I'm just going to limit my orders the best I can.
    I do hope someone important sees this and the BBB so this gorl can stop ripping everyone off!

Just telling it like it is May 18, 2013

It appears that Chubby Chico has burned yet another ID on Etsy and left several customers holding the bag. New ID opened up under the name of Pewter Charm Supplies in January of 2013 and they are already down to a 98% rating in just 4 months. Nothing has changed and they don't appear to have learned a thing... Except to dump an ID when things get too hot.

• Ve
    Very_annoyed Feb 23, 2013

They are an awful company to deal with, I ordered $200 worth of charms to be shipped internationally, When they arrived i opened them to find that half of them we're missing, I emailed them to ask if they'd be sending the remainder on and i got a snotty reply saying all the items had been sent. On closer inspection of the flimsy paper envelope i realised that there was a split down the side of it. The envelope was only suitable for sending letters as local mail let alone heavy charms overseas. I sent them a photograph of the envelope and i was then told that as i hasn't purchased insurance there was nothing they could do. It took a lot of arguing and they finally offered to replace the items. When the replacement arrived it turned out the be half the amount that was lost and the wrong charm. I gave up as the customer service is awful but unfortunately the charms they sell are on one of our best selling lines.
    I re-ordered on their "double day sale" another $200 worth and in an act of what i can only see as spite they demanded that i pay $35 priority shipping instead of the $6.99 quoted.
    I would never ever penalise my customers for ordering large amounts. And if we send anything overseas we use a jiffy bag and seal the whole thing with tape/
    It's a shame because some of the charms they have are nice. But their customer service is awful.

angryinsa Jul 18, 2012

earrings by kate, i'm sure most people on here ARE small busniness owners. I know I am and I, all by lonesome, handle around 200 handmade by me jewelry orders per month. I still manage to answer all of my customers emails and concerns. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT WHEN SOMEONE HAS YOUR MONEY!
    there is absolutely no excuse for the way chubby chico's handles it's business and treats it's customers. I don't know why you are defending them so much (unless you personally know them) after they have treated so many people so badly. if you are also a small business owner as well you should understand that this behaviour is not acceptable.

Just telling it like it is Jul 18, 2012

Yes, I keep getting advertisements from them. If they spent as much time servicing their existing customers that they spend on soliciting new ones they would have a great business.

angryinsa Jul 18, 2012

i unfortunately placed an order with chubby chico's about 3 weeks ago on etsy. my paypal address is different from my address on etsy so I sent a note at checkout telling them which address to send it to. weeks went by and i contacted them about whether the item was shipped or not bc they don't give you any notification. of course, there was no response. i then noticed their horrendous feedback on etsy and began to get nervous. I am not the kind of person to be impatient or make threats but I could tell that is what I would have to do if i didn't want to lose my money. First, I sent them a message saying that if they did not respond to my message I would report them to etsy for nondelivery. I got a response in about 2 minutes after that. incredible! then I asked for shipping info. they provided info saying it was shipped to the wrong address and not to the address that I had asked them to send it to in the note. I told them I would like a refund as it was their fault for sending it to the wrong address (which is even in another country). they said they will give me the refund as soon as I give them back the product. can you believe that? we went back and forth for about 20 messages with them saying it is not their fault. finally I told them I was sick of being treated this way and I was going to report them to etsy for non delivery AND file a dispute with paypal. 5 minutes later they refunded my money. the moral of the story is that the only way to get this company to play fair is by threatening them. I imagine they have already had many complaints made on them and can't have too many more before etsy will close them down or paypal will close their account, etc. so, it's sad that you will have to lower yourself to their level, but if any of you want your product or money back, just threaten to tattle on them.

Just telling it like it is Feb 15, 2012

I actually stopped ordering from Chubby Chico's altogether. When I could get two charms for the price of one through Etsy I was willing to put up with some of the poor quality items I received, the lack of communication, slow arrival and zero customer service... I think the price was just about right, value for money spent. I know that the price of raw materials have sky rocketed but the value just wasn't there any more to justify all of the obstacles Chubby Chico's put in front of their customers. I will actually fore go some of the neat designs (when there aren't mistakes on them) that they offer just so I don't have to put up with STRESS that comes along with dealing with this company. I don't need it.

• In
    intothewoods Feb 15, 2012

I totally agree!!! Not only is Chubby Chico's Customer service VERY POOR, but their quality is inconsistant. One order will have perfect charms, the next will be full of unidentifiable blobs of pewter. AND they seem to be vindictive when they do respond. When I complained about some missing items (some $9 giant house flies in this case), I received the replacements, but all of their legs were borken off. Frankly, I don't know how this outfit stays in business...

Just telling it like it is Jan 27, 2012

check out questbeads.com, very professional, pretty prompt and they actually answer the phone

• Tr
    Treasures of the Garden Jan 26, 2012

I have ordered from Chubby Chico Charms several times. At first my only complaint was they are too slow to deliver. My recent order never arrived nor have I received a confirmation or email response. I just filed a report with the BBB and will be contacting my financial institution for a full refund. Shame on the people that feel that people don't want to protect their small businesses. I could have worked with them but when you don't respond then all I can think of if you stole my money. I will say I love their charms but when I loose business because of their unprofessional business practices then I have a problem. Also I believe that the crazy stuff that people are writing on here are from the company itself. If anyone have a "RELIABLE" site to purchase charms please share.

• Well, it appears that Chubby Chicos hasn't changed much at all. I know what to expect and yet it still frustrates me to no end... We are now sitting at day 12 with zero communcation on an order that is almost $100.00.

Just telling it like it is May 13, 2011

I did check out the sallyscharm.com and they do have a nice selection. I didn't take the time to go through all of the items since the website appears to not be too customer friendly (you have to know what you want to find it and then click in and out of choices). I really didn't see many of Chubby Chicos designs but did see a lot of designs from another charms vendor I order from at about twice the price I pay for them.

Just telling it like it is May 13, 2011

I do order and will probably continue to order from Chubby Chico Charms because I like how different the charms are though some of them are sloppily made with drips mistakes, I would never order something I knew I had to have by a certain date. There is nothing slanderous about the comments on the lack of customer service and missing pieces in orders. Communication is severely lacking and the shipping time is atrocious. I don't seem to have the personal investment in ordering from this seller that some do and did not even know the owner's name.
    Chubby Chico, love your designs but straighten up your act.

earrings by kate2 May 12, 2011

I think anyone who posts negitive comments about people should get sued for slander and i hope this company does that.

• Di
    Disappointed_customer1 Apr 28, 2011

I've now place multiple orders through Chubbychicocharms.com, and every order was either incorrect, or missing items. My last order took over 5 weeks to reach me, and was missing over $20 in charms. Their lack of customer service is astonishing! I've never dealt with a more unprofessional company before. Alana has been very snippy, and rude in her (very few and far between) responses to my emails. Infact, it took posting on their facebook page to actually get acknowledged. My two most recent orders, I was shorted on the exact same charm, both times! Charms that cost $4 a peice. I'm sure shipping 250 of the exact same charm isn't very difficult, but apparently 20 different charms in multiple numeric orders is far too complicated.

earrings by kate2 Mar 12, 2011

that is not even a real link...I thinks its a bot. FAKE

• Tn
    tnkpositiv Mar 09, 2011

If you would like to see where your items are supposedly manufactured, take a look at this. http://maps.google.com/?utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk-gm

earrings by kate2 Jan 13, 2011

because bad luck is bad luck. We all face that every day but it doesn't mean that we should go online and bad mouth other people. If i get a flat tire it doesn't mean i write complaints about the tire company it means i change the tire and go home. I laughed because people have become so narcissistic that it's all "Oh poor me, look at me, feel bad for me". The owner of this business like all of us is a business owner and its hard enough to own a small business without having others speak negatively about us. Walk a mile in the other person shoes first. So shame on you for not thinking for yourself and making your own options, Don't listen to others be the leader of the pack, think for yourself janeylee.

janeylee Jan 13, 2011

i'm glad i found this site. I will not be doing business with this woman. and to you "earrings by Kate" why would you be LOL for other peoples "bad Luck" ? Shame on you and shame on the owner of this company.

• Me
    mel378 Dec 04, 2010

@Gwen Kosak...Sallycharms.com orders from ChubbyChicoCharms didnt you notice that they were the same charms?

Earrings by kate Nov 20, 2010

I love CCC. They have the best charms at prices that i can afford being a sm business owner. maybe its just bad luck lol

Not a Fan of CCC Sep 27, 2010

I've ordered from this company a few times, always small orders because they never get my order right (missing charms, or damaged pendants). Trying to call them is a joke, I once had a small child answer the phone and after asking for an adult I heard the adult in the background take the phone from the small kid and hang up. I called immediately back and someone answered but stayed quiet (small child was in the background this time); once I announced that I was calling because of my order they hung up on me. Shipping is another problem with this seller IT TAKES FOREVER to get your order! It's almost like they make you wait long enough so you are past any filing times with PayPal or credit cards co.
    In my opinion this seller doesn't take their business seriously and sadly has no respect for their customers, if you are a potential customer and your reading this I'm telling you now:

They may have great charms BUT it's not worth the headache, waste of time, money and lack of professionalism that you’re going to have to deal with to get your order (and that's even if you get your order). If you make a small order like I have you don't have any better chance of getting your entire order either (apparently whoever handles packaging can't count to 12 or 30 correctly)

If Bianca or Alana Alicea read this:
    I gave this company a chance, figured that the first order was just human error but the second and third orders? C'mon?!?
    I had hoped to be confident in your business abilities one day to make large orders with you but you've now lost a customer in me forever.
    You've had several years now to straighten out your company/customer service problems and you have yet to do it.
    You’re a disappointment to the industry and crafters everywhere. I hope your smug attitudes towards your customers comes back to bite and haunt you.

• Ta
    tanner74 Dec 10, 2009

I have placed three orders with Chubby Chico Charms. All were good except there was a problem with one order and I have had a difficult time getting ahold of customer service. I have left messages and emails, with no response. I am confused. I am dissappointed. I think they have great charms at great prices, but beware if there is every a problem with your order.

• Gl
    gloria Apr 22, 2009

hey,
    I think with anything online u get the good and the bad. But i bought some charms from them for my wedding. (I used the charm on my wedding favors, people loved them) I bought 250 of the open hearts and i liked them. I didnt call, or email or anything. I just placed my order online and 8 days later i received my charms. Maybe some people are just too picky. :)

• Ka
    kateb123 Mar 12, 2009

Hi,
    I was concerned when orderng from them as well so i placed a small order about a month ago. I did receive my order in about a week and since then i have placed 3 large orders and have also received those. They were great and i have looked and looked for some of these styles and could not find them any where else. So i am happy i found a good charm supplier for my jewelry line because i can tell you that since i found these vampire charms by web site has done alot more business.

• Ve
    veryhappy Feb 23, 2009

I just received my order about $100+ and i was very happy with the charms and charm bracelets. I am on their mailing list so i got a email about a double sale. so i ordered 12 of each style but got 24 it was awesome. I just thought i would let people know. I also did my order by phone and it went fine a young women took my order.

Marie C. Nov 14, 2008

Hello,
    My Name is Marie and I am the new Customer Service manager and I would like to offer my email and phone number to any one who needs help with anything. I understand that some of these comments are very old and I was just hired here a few weeks ago but please feel free to email me. I hope we can work out any problems and concerns that anyone may have. Please try to understand that we handle between 100-200 orders per day and to keep our costs as low as possible we only hire as many employees as we can. We do have the lowest prices on the net with the largest selection so please try to understand.

Marie
    [email protected]
    [protected]

• Fa
    Faye Nov 13, 2008

I just ordered (Nov. 2008) from Chubby Chico Charms and did it over the phone because of the concerns voiced here. This way I could immediately get feedback if something was out-of-stock and I got the name of the operator for insurance. I received my order (about $40+ worth) within a week with a coupon for 10% off for a future order and glad to say nothing was amiss. The charms were as nice as pictured. They do have a unique collection.

• La
    Laurie Nov 10, 2008

I have had the same experience with this company. They have terrible customer service, ie they do not return calls or e-mails. Sounds like I may never get my order and or my money back.