Choice Hotelsdenial of rewards points for prepaid room

I SUBMIT this letter as a formal complaint against management of Quality Inn Airport, St. Louis Missouri (MO046)and Choice Hotels.

Date of arrival: April 22, 2017
Date of departure: April 23, 2017

We also stayed at the same hotel April 27th and 28th, 2017. We experienced several problems during this stay, for which I have not submitted reviews for our stay.

Problem:
Room was fully paid in advance.
United Airlines failed to make our connection in Newark, NJ to St. Louis, so we were forced to pay for another hotel ($200.00) at a hotel at the Newark Airport.
While stuck in Newark, I tried to call the Quality Inn Airport (MO046) three times to advise them of our travel problems. All three times I was placed on hold for such a long time that I hung up, and tried to phone again. I did all of this with a Canadian cell phone, calling an American phone number, which meant that I was incurring considerable fees for trying to call the hotel in St. Louis;
When I tried to have problem resolved after I arrived home from my trip, on the evening of May 3rd, a customer service person Fernando experienced the same problem as I did when he tried to reach the hotel by telephone… being placed on hold for unacceptable periods of time.

Issue:
Room was fully paid for, in advance, but given that MO046 entered me as a “no show” I am being denied my Choice privileges points.
There is no logic in this, given that the room was fully paid. Why would I be denied my points, when the room was fully paid for?
I am not asking for a refund. I understand that pre-paying means that the room is non-refundable. I just want my due points.

Solution:
a). provide the points to which I should be entitled, or
b). my husband and I cancel our Choice Privileges Reward Cards and we begin using another hotel rewards system. I will use my already generated points before cancelling the card.

BTW, as I wrote this note, I was on the phone on hold for approximately 15 while one of your Customer Relations staff had me on hold, when after 15 minutes the Customer Service Rep disconnected my call..