Choice Home Warrantyunpaid contractor

Did two calls for Choice Home Warranty and never received payment. Contract states 30 days, Stanley Goodspeed says its 45. Well, 45 passed, and still no check. After many ignored calls and emails, he finally called and said to wait another 10 days. He is one of the biggest liars in the business. He has until Sept 16th, at which point the customer will be receiving an intent to file a mechanics lein on her property (since this where the work was complete). I will also file a motion with the local court to allow our company go retrieve our material we used to repair the system. Done just stop with the calls if you are owed money by these scammers!!! Use ALL of your legal rights. You have every right after day 30 (as the contract states payment within 30 days) to go after the homeowner for the money!

• Mi
    mill3030 Jul 06, 2016

I would like to join a class action lawsuit. CHW has denied my A/C claim

• El
    Elizabeth Picone Aug 17, 2015

I signed up with choice home warranty I put in my first claim and it was denied and they didn't pay the company who came out the company who came out only wanted a debit or credit card no checks because they probable knew that they will not get paid so they took the money from my card to come out and check my air conditioner choice home warranty sent this company to me so they are probably in business together so not only did I not get my air conditioner fixed but I also got a bill from the service company that's just so nice of this scam company I hope they rot in hell

• Te
    TexasLonghorn Sep 20, 2012

Any contractors working in Texas having problems with Choice Home Warranty? If so, please give me a call at [protected]. I'd like to find out more about what is going on. Thanks, George

• Un
    Unpaid CHW vendor Aug 01, 2012

It's been about a FULL YEAR since I've done work for Choice Home Warranty (CHW) and have NOT gotten paid one red cent! First I was going back and forth with Stanley Goodspeed then I was informed he was no longer with CHW. After that they informed me of this "new online system" that would ensure me of some kind of payment if I sent my invoices through that system. I did so and as you guessed, still no payment. Whenever you call, (which I've just got finished doing) you get no answer! The company is a rip-off to vendors and consumers, don't use them! BEWARE!!!

Choice Home Warranty 1 Apr 09, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

The details of these situations are not representative of the normal Choice Home Warranty customer experience and we sincerely regret our customers’ frustration and discomfort.

We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors and employees. We take customer feedback very seriously.

At Choice Home Warranty, our focus is on quality... providing quality home-warranty products to our customers, following up with quality customer service when our homeowners contact us, building quality business relationships with our contractors, and ensuring quality work from our contracted technicians. We do not and have not ever encouraged contractors to deny customer claims.

In addition to evaluating customer feedback, we continually evaluate our contractors’ performance, responsiveness, cost, and other factors to ensure these partnerships are fair and beneficial to all parties involved: our customers, our contractors, and our company.

Choice Home Warranty is always in full compliance with its terms & conditions.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact help [at] choicehomewarranty.com (please reformat the e-mail address properly. We guarantee a response within 5 business days. We are here to help you!

• Ap
    Appliance Doctor Nov 23, 2011

Hi, I am a contractor in Las Vegas who is also owed by CHW over $ 1000 for services performed. I am thinking to take them to small claims court. Can anyone of you contractors out there advise me on how to collect my money. This people are scammers and deserve to be put in jail. Any advise is welcomed.

• Ve
    VeryUpsetVendor Nov 09, 2011

Do I hear "class action lawsuit" coming about with Choice Home Warranty! Our company serviced several jobs for them and have NEVER BEEN PAID either! Despite our efforts to collect payment. They even tried to say that the check was in the mail but we never received it. As far as I am concerned, that's fraud and they have certainly breached our contract! Maybe prior to 2009 there were no complaints BUT now there are plenty in 2011! Vendors Beware!

• Tr
    Travelinmonkey Sep 20, 2011

I had a big fallout with Choice Home Warranty. Basically, I got in contact with the Nevada Department of Insurance who found that CHW is NOT licensed in the state of Nevada and the underwriter mentioned in the contract does NOT exist.

I was able to get my contract cancelled and received 100% money back. I recommend everyone call your state's attorney general's office and they will guide you to the appropriate department at the state level to help you out.

• Ga
    GA HVAC Sep 16, 2011

This is from the New Jersey website for Choice Home Warranty:

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered Choice Home Warranty's rating include:
    Length of time business has been operating.
    428 complaints filed against business
    6 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
    Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s).

According to information in BBB files, the business was previously headquartered at 244 Madison Avenue in New York City. As of May 2009, that location has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB serving Metropolitan New York due to a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.

Prior to May 2009, BBB serving New Jersey has processed no complaints against the location in Edison, NJ.

• Ga
    GA HVAC Sep 16, 2011

Better yet... they try to tell you that if you say anything negative about them.. that you they have the right not to pay you at all... They are under investigation, per the NJ BBB, by the FTC... Contractors BEWARE.. We had to turn the homeowner over to collection.. we HATED doing that.. but we have to get our money for parts and labor.. and we WILL !!!