Central Veterinary AssociatesMANY, READ BELOW AND DONT GO

On June 5th, 2011 i took my vey sick and lathargic 3 yr old to this money hungrey sorry excuse for a 24 HR EMERGENCY VET CLINIC. What we were told on the phone was the OPPOSITE OF THE TREATMENT WE GOT!!! My mother and girlfriend RACED to this place. On the phone we were told we needed to show proof she had an up to date rabies shot. So the thing on the collar that showed she had her rabies vaccine 6 months ago was not good enough for them so they tried to charge $99 for a rabies shot, they were VERY ROUGH AMD PHYSICAL WITH MY Luthargic, weak, helpless, and PROJECTILING VOMITING BLOOD DOG THAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN B4. We feared that out dog had some sort of BLOCKAGE in her and DEMANDED AN X-RAY, to which we were replied with "IT IS ILLEAGAL TO TAKE X-RAY'S IN NY AFTER HOURS, SO YOU SHOULD LEAVE UR DOG HERE OVERNIGHT FOR 24 Hr's for obsevation and we will x-ray 1st thing in the AM." They wanted over 200 dollars for weighing her, and a rabies shot we had evidence she didnt need. the tag on the collar shows exp dates but they said, we could have borrowed another tag to aboid that payment. When i heard that, I immediatly went outside to call the other 24 HR VET in the area and told them the situation, they said to pull the dog out of there IMMEDIATELY, Which we did. BTW, NONE OF THE STAFF HAD ID TAGS ON AND WHEN I ASKED TO GIRL WHO PRESENTED HERSELF TO BE THE DOCTOR, I ASKKED HER TO SEE HER ID AND LICENSE and SHE DID NOT PROVIDE IT. AS a former user of illegal drugs, I def inately noticed atleast 2 of the 4 people working there that were clearly under the infulence. The 2nd place we went to was FANTASTIC!! It is actually the emergency center for out regular vet. They saved my dog's life NO DOUBT AT ALL AND THEY SAID MY DOG WOULD NOT HAVE MADE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT WITHOUT TREATMENT WHICH "CENTRAL VET ###" WERE NOT GONNA PROVIDE TIL 7AM. NOW MY BEAGLE/LAB MIX IS HOME WITH US RESTING AND MUCH BETTER THAN YESTERDAY. THANK YOU DR. VERRA SERRA AT BRIGHTWATER VETERINARY IN WESTBURY. CLEAN, CARING AND THE BEST VET OFFICE THAT I HAVE SEEN TO CARE FOR YOUR VET AT 12 MIDNIGHT!!!

• Mo
    Momzindahood Jan 09, 2012

They butchered and murdered my cat, Johnny Cash 2 years ago. I tried to fight. No one listened.
    Review: I brought my cat in stable condition, with a urinary catheter, and IV in place, to have surgery to alleviate future urinary blockages (known as a "P.U").A pet mom, with 7 animals of my own, and 7 fosters, my paltry income has been getting wiped out by vet bills. When J.C. fell ill, I originally took him to LIVS.The care is top-drawer, the staff is too.They unblocked him, and he was in good shape, but I couldn't afford the surgery he required, I ran out of credit accepted there, I had to take him elsewhere.Central Veterinary Assoc. advertised they would work with you.They were fine when I brought him in, and opened an additional credit line, The bill was twice what they stated, so I had to increase ANOTHER credit line(both borrowed from a friend.)After waiting the equivalent of an epic movie on phone lines over the following days, I was finally able to visit him. It was HORRIFYING AND HEARTBREAKING!.He was barely breathing, completely dehydrated, drooling, covered head to toe in his own dried urine, and so severly anemic that I knew he needed a transfusion. I ran to get the doctor to point this out. Neither the Dr. nor the techs had noticed this.Then they tried to jam a large ventilator tube down his throat as he struggled, After, when I confronted them on their 'treatment', I was assaulted by a trailer-trash, woman (tech?) with so much makeup, she looked like an Avon truck casualty.Saying I was "In her space" 3 feet away, trying to talk to her, she shouted me down, put both hands on my shoulders and shoved me backward to the cages. I was told JC was on an IV, there was none. That he was being force-fed, there were a few dry kibble in a paper dish in his cage, which he couldn't eat. There was no litter box. His gums, eyelids, normally dark pink, were snow white.He was wheezing, struggling for every breath, No one noticed or cared. He had no E-collar to keep him off his stitches."Go home, " they said, "He's fine.This is normal after surgery.(Surgery was 5 days ago.)"Call tomorrow".Suddenly the older (uncle) Dr. Vine decided he must have fatal Hemolytic Amemia. I demanded his blood counts. Dr. Vine said they had done blood work and his values were "low end normal". They never did blood work.Dr. Vine admitted he had no idea of my cat's status, though he was responsible.They refused to give me his records, threatened to call the police. Then they wanted more money for copies. I called the police. I couldn't leave for an hour. JC couldn't be off oxygen.Basically, after a brutal surgery, they left him to die miserably. Dr. Vine told my friend, "He was dead when he got here".Quite the contrary. He was stable and doing well. They almost killed him.They charged me $6000, at a 33% interest rate. I ran with him back to LIVS. X-rays showed he was so dehydrated and starved, that his intestines had stopped moving ("persistalsis"), filled with gas and shut down.He could not get a needed, immediate blood transfusion (which Central refused, then saying they'd maybe get to).As I write this, I am awaiting his blood counts, and news whether or not he will die, and now going another $2200, into debt to try to undo THEIR damage.I'm being laid off in a couple of days.They also tried to sell me the kitchen sink for my other pets.(Even the phone recording does it.)THESE PEOPLE ARE DISGUSTING AND A DISGRACE TO THE VETERINARY FIELD.They should be shut down and jailed, subjected to their own care. As a medical professional, and part of EMS, I know what I see. God help those who don't in a place like this! STAY AWAY! TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW WITH AN ANIMAL THEY LOVE! If they've done this to you, hold them legally accountable! Contact the proper authorities and agencies that govern unscrupulous organizations Central Veterinary Associates. ADDENDUM: JC struggles for his life now at LIVS. He was, in addition to all this, mutilated in surgery. If he survives, he may require another surgery to fix what they destroyed. I am now $20.000 in debt, and may lose my 'teddy bear' because of CVA. They will get what they deserve...
    (JC had to be euthanized 3 months of suffering later. They tore him to pieces internally. He suffered miserably. They do this all the time. No one will band together to stop them... pathetic.)