Cdearth.comUnauthorized billing

E

In early October of this year I purchased a CD from CDearth.com to help me get set up on the internet. The total including postage was £3.03 this was taken from my account but I did not receive any packages from this company.

Then this month Cdearth have debited my account for the amount of £22.32 for items that I most definitely have not purchased. I did not order anything, I did not want anything and I certainly did not sign up for anything. I have contacted my bank and lodged a fraudulent claim with them which they are now investigating.

I just came across your web site today while I was trying to locate details of how to contact Cdearth to complain. Hope this helps.

• El
    ellenR62 Sep 01, 2009

I have lost the original billing statement. All I want to know is how to cancel and how to send extra cd's back since I don't remember which one I originally asked for. ASAP The nice toll-free number they state they have is not listed anywhere on their website.

• Da
    Daniel Adjei Ababio Sep 18, 2009

This month cdearth have debited my acount for the amount of £37.00 pounds for iterms that I definitely have not purchased, I did not order anything, I did not want anything and I Certainly did not sign up for anything. I have contacted my bank and lodged a fraudulent claim with them which they are now investigating.
    MY NAME IS DANIEL ADJEI ABABIO
    ADRESS 1 SEAFORTH GROVE, LEEDS, LS9 6AL UK.

• Au
    AUSTIN HARDING Nov 14, 2009

CD EARTH ADVERTISES A CUSTOMER SERVICE SITE AT "[email protected]". TRY TO USE IT. I ORDERED THE OPEN OFFICE CD TWO(2) WEEKS AGO AND NOW I AM WONDERING IF, ONCE AGAIN, I FELL INTO A SCAM.

[email protected]

• Gr
    grace moco Dec 13, 2009

From Grace moco, on october 20th this year, i purchased a cd from cdearth.com to help me get set up on the net, the total including postage was £2.72 this was taken from my account but i did received it.

This month december 7th cdearth have debited my account for the amount of £18.58 for items that i definitely have not purchased .i did not want anything and i certainly did not sign up for anything, i have contacted my bank and lodged a fraudulent claim with them which they are now investigating

• Mo
    Moses Mathurin Jan 06, 2010

DEAR SIR/MADAM MY ORDER NUMBER IS 551230 1937034 MY EMAIL ADDRESS is [email protected], I saw this add for free bible cd, then I am reading your small print saying I will be billed for more cd's which will be sent to me I want to cancel the order, as I don't thik it is right I ordered for my mum, I don't want to recieve anymore cd's please, I thank you in advance and await your reply I thank you in advance, please make youself clear when offering free cd's

• Mo
    Moses Mathurin Jan 06, 2010

DEAR SIR/MADAM IF ANY MONEY IS TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ME KNOWING, I WILL BE MAKING A REPORT TO THE POLICE, AND ALSO TO THE BANK FOR FRUADULENT TAKING OF MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP, TO GET THIS MATTER FIX.

• Ro
    Ronald W. Johnson Jan 13, 2010

I was referred to your site for a free CD. I want my order stopped at once. Your sneeky way of demanding additional interests is very deceptive and I want no part. Ron Johnson ([email protected])

• Me
    Melissa Ward Mar 05, 2010

In December 2009 I applied for and recieved open office which was free.I have now been charged the princley sum of £40.55 for cds which i haven't recieved or ordered. It appears to me that when you ask this company for any of their free products they just sign you up for any rubbish they want to send you and charge you what they feel. I feel it is about time that this company was brought to boot and made to re-emburse all money to the inocent people they have ripped off in what seems to be one of the biggest scams on the net. It is discusting that this company is getting away with this fraudulent and inexcuseable means of obtaining money out of innocent people. Melissa Ward

Dean D Long Jul 07, 2010

I want to cancel order number 2019378. I don't want to automatically receive anything I have not ordered as is stated in your terms and conditions. I will contact my credit card company and dispute any claim that is made on my account by your company.

Dean Long
    Customer number 572687

• Ge
    genac Aug 12, 2010

I also had my credit card debited. I am having a hard time reaching someone to refund and cancel future billings any sussestions

• Il
    Ilza Rousseau Nov 06, 2010

cdearth have debited my acount for the amount of R429 for iterms that I definitely have not purchased, I did not order anything, I did not want anything and I Certainly did not sign up for anything. Will you please stop sending me anything.I don't want to automatically receive anything I have not ordered as is stated in your terms and conditions. I will contact my credit card company and dispute any claim that is made on my account by your company.

Ilza Rousseau South africa

• 58
    587450 Nov 12, 2010

cdearth took money from my account i did not agree to.when is this money comeing back to me.i did not order this product act fast please b.repton ng84fb nottingham england

• 58
    587450 Nov 12, 2010

takeing money for something i did not order on the 11/11/2010.i will be very happy if this problem is sorted as quick as possible.please do not send me anything unless i personly order myself ?

• Re
    Renette Nov 16, 2010

My credit card is debit R429 and R42 each month and I only bought 1 cd, CDEarth can you please stop debit my account, accordingly to the bank there is a debit order lodge and I have open a fraud case now more than 7 months I am struggle to stop this now,

• Pi
    Pia Baldovin Jun 21, 2011

I ordered some cds and my bank account was debited on the 8th of June.
    Still I haven't received anything yet.
    I think this is all a scam.
    How can people are allowed to do this.

• Te
    techdudeaus Aug 10, 2011

Hi Everyone. i was reviewing the piece of paper i recieved with my order and all you have to do is go to http://www.cdearth.com/freeCD and fill in your email address and order # (thats what i did)

Dennis Fothergill Aug 25, 2011

who do I contact to stop you sending me these C D Software sets. I've been in touch with my Bank, and they've informed me to get in touch with you, so could you please send me an e-mail, or drop me a line as to verify you've recieved this message, in regards to stop sending these Cd's. You Have my Postal address, so here's my e-mail address - [email protected] Please try and sort this matter out ASAP . I dont want anymore CD's thanks

Dennis Fothergill Aug 25, 2011

Please send an e-mail or somethin through the Post in regards to stop sending me these CD's I dont want

marina009 Oct 27, 2011

Pls stop sending me stuff I do not want and letting me pay for ir. It is fraud stealing money from people like this. I asked for the first free cd so I can try it out and see what it is like and it is not even compatable with my laptop. Since I have received another 16 cd's that i am paying for!! STOP IT NOW PLS..

marina009 Oct 27, 2011

STOP sending me all these unwanted cd's and stop taking my money on things I did not asked for!!

• Cd
    cdearth.com Dec 13, 2011

CDearth.com
    There are very few times when I will complain about something but I feel it is necessary because of this company’s chronic behavior.

There are literally hundreds of complaints of the same nature by many people across the internet. I want to warn everyone against purchasing or doing any business with this company as they are at the very least highly unethical if not criminal. I discovered their website does not provide anything more than a email address. I did some research and found a "customer service" phone number, no thanks to them, which is 1-866-789-0369. It is my mission to bring this companies unethical and possibly criminal activities to any and everyone who will see this information. I would appreciate if anyone who reads this pass it on to everyone you know, chat with, email or live with. feel free to put my name with this post and pass it on. I will be starting with the Texas and North Carolina Attorney General's office and will not stop until I put these thieves on every public venue that I can. This will not pass, I will not stop until these people are held legally responsible for their actions. Please pass it on!
    Steven R. Smith

• Ny
    nybreed Dec 14, 2011

1-866-789-0369

Here is my story with CDEarth.com

There are literally hundreds of complaints of the same nature by many people across the internet. I want to warn everyone against purchasing or doing any business with this company as they are at the very least highly unethical if not criminal. I discovered their website does not provide anything more than an email address. I did some research and found a "customer service" phone number, no thanks to them, which is 1-866-789-0369. It is my mission to bring this company’s unethical and possibly criminal activities to any and everyone who will see this information. I would appreciate if anyone who reads this passes it on to everyone you know, chat with, email or live with, feel free to put my name with this post and pass it on. I will be starting with the Texas and North Carolina Attorney General's office and will not stop until I put these thieves on every public venue that I can. This will not pass; I will not stop until these people are held legally responsible for their actions. Please pass it on!

I have been posting this everywhere I can think of. To my surprise after making a lot of noise they claimed in a email that they were going to refund my money (we will see). If you need to return cd's you have some sort of proof that you mailed it. Obviously, no one can sign for it as cdearth.com is a P.O. box. When you speak to a rep they will refuse to refund your money. They will say we never got the cd's back and ask you if you can prove you returned them. It's a big scam so they can keep charging your account. Tell the rep you want them to put in a request for a refund, cancel your account and email you the confirmation. They can do this. If they do not ask for a supervisor (they are also rude and unethical). Also when you call record the call from your end and tell them you are recording the conversation because you are legally obliged (I think) to do so. One rep (the one who put in the refund request) told me that the reason they probably did not receive the cd's that I returned is because they recently changed their address! Can you believe that nonsense. Whether or not they actually return my money I will do my best to see this company change it's refund policies or put them out of business. Good Luck!

• Ny
    nybreed Dec 14, 2011

CD Earth, LLC
    PO Box 2949
    Wylie TX 75098-2949
    1-866-789-0369 customer service of cdearth.com

Steven R. Smith
    I have been posting this everywhere I can think of. To my surprise after making a lot of noise they claimed in an email that they were going to refund my money (we will see). If you need to return cd's you have some sort of proof that you mailed it. Obviously, no one can sign for it as cdearth.com is a P.O. box. When you speak to a rep they will refuse to refund your money. They will say we never got the cd's back and ask you if you can prove you returned them. It's a big scam so they can keep charging your account. Tell the rep you want them to put in a request for a refund, cancel your account and email you the confirmation. They can do this. If they do not ask for a supervisor (they are also rude and unethical). Also when you call record the call from your end and tell them you are recording the conversation because you are legally obliged (I think) to do so. One rep (the one who put in the refund request) told me that the reason they probably did not receive the cd's that I returned is because they recently changed their address! Can you believe that nonsense? Whether or not they actually return my money I will do my best to see this company change its refund policies or put them out of business. Good Luck!
    1-866-789-0369 customer service of cdearth.com

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
    Your complaint has been assigned case # 91201187.
    Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : [email protected]
    Please print a copy of this for your records.

Filed on : December 14 2011

CD Earth, LLC
    PO Box 2949
    Wylie TX 75098-2949

Complaint Description:
    There are very few times when I will complain about something but I feel it is necessary because of this company's chronic behavior. http://www.cdearth.com/ is a software retailer who offers you free introductory software if you just pay the shipping charge of $1.96 which I did October 27, 2011. If you do not want the Cd's they tell you to return them which is exactly what I did (return to sender). Well here it is December 13, 2011 and they charged my account $29.98. When I spoke to their so-called "friendly" customer service they got indignant and told me more than once that they do not return any money. I was able to speak with a supervisor who in turn refused to return the unauthorized money they took from my account. In addition, he refused to give me any additional information about the company other than a P.O Box. There are literally hundreds of complaints of the same nature by many people across the internet. I want to warn everyone against purchasing or doing any business with this company as they are at the very least highly unethical if not criminal. I discovered their website does not provide anything more than an email address. I did some research and found a "customer service" phone number, no thanks to them, which is 1-866-789-0369. It is my mission to bring this company's unethical and possibly criminal activities to any and everyone who will see this information. I would appreciate if anyone who reads this passes it on to everyone you know, chat with, email or live with, feel free to put my name with this post and pass it on. I will be starting with the Texas and North Carolina Attorney General's office and will not stop until I put these thieves on every public venue that I can. This will not pass; I will not stop until these people are held legally responsible for their actions. Please pass it on!

Your Desired Resolution:
    I want the unauthorized debit of $29.98 returned to my account. I wold also like to know who owns this company and how they can be contacted. I am seeking a change in their refund refusal policy and their debit/credit card unauthorized charges.

This case will be reviewed by a complaint specialist at the Better Business Bureau, and then forwarded to the business for their response. It is our policy to allow the business 30 working days to respond to your complaint. You will be notified when the business has responded.

What would you like to do next?
    View the status of your complaint
    Return to the BBB Homepage BBB Privacy Policy

Here is my latest communication with the larceny company cdearth.com:

--- On Tue, 12/13/11, CD Earth Customer Service wrote:
    > From: CD Earth Customer Service
    > Subject: CD Earth Cancel Confirmation
    > To: [email protected]
    > Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 4:30 PM
    > Steven,
    > Thank you for trying our software!
    > This serves as a confirmation that on 12/13/2011
    > you have cancelled your account # 634507
    > with CD Earth's Software Library Club. By cancelling
    > this account, you will not receive any more Software
    > CDs or charges from us.
    > Since you decided to keep the CDs past the 25 day trial
    > period, the good news is there is nothing to return. All
    > four Software CDs are yours to keep and enjoy!
    > Questions? Please call our friendly Customer Service anytime
    > at one of the phone numbers below.
    > Enjoy the software! We thank you again for your business!
    > Have a great day,
    > CD Earth Customer Service
    > [email protected]
    > 1-866-789-0369 (US/Canada)
    > 0-808-101-1722 (United Kingdom)
    > 1-800-507-931 (Australia)
    > 1-647-258-8318 (Global)

This was my reply:

On Tue, December 13, 2011 4:06 pm, Steven Smith wrote:
    > This email is a blatant lie. I hope you kept the recording of our
    > conversation because I'm going to tell you this again. I returned your
    > Cd's 2 days after I received them because I saw no need to keep them. At
    > that time I also cancelled my account. It was illegal for you to take
    > money from my account without authorization and refuse to return it.

CDearth.com responded with this:(keep in mind my account does not reflect a refund).

Dear Steven
    We have issued a refund of $29.98 as a courtesy even though we have no
    record of you cancelling or returning the 2 trial CDs.

Please also understand, we do NOT appreciate or take lightly you
    threatening physical harm to our agents. We record all conversation and
    will hold on to this to avoid any misunderstandings.

My response to them was this:

I couldn't give a ### what you hold on too. I will do everything in my power to see that you thieves never have the chance to steal money from hardworking American's bank accounts and credit cards ever again. You organization is highly unethical and probably criminal but I will let the Texas and North Carolina State Attorney General's decide that. Do what you want with your stupid recording. I will continue my efforts to see you out of business for fraud and whatever other violations that can be found. Plane and simple, you are petty thieves and I will report this incident to every website, blog, chat, facebook, myspace etc.. across the internet. I will also contact the hundreds of other people online who have been subjected to your thievery. You are a disgrace to entrepreneurs all over who work hard and treat customers like they want them to come back. You company steals what they can from a prospective customers and cares nothing about them other than to loot their bank account. Like I said, do what you want with your stupid recording, it would be great if you brought more attention to this matter!

I Am Not The Only One They Steal from:
    12/6/2011 It's bs, they give you the basic information and they don't add that they will be taking out money and send you more cd's. I strongly suggest that no one signs up for this you don't get your money back either! NEVER SIGN UP!!
    Lisa
    11/29/2011 please stop sending me this software packages and stop taking money from my account this is not proper this was not what i saw when i came on this site, stop extorting money from me.i am a student, the money you are fingering is my fees my parents gave to me and i am not under any financial aid.if i remember clearly you asked me to pay for only shipping, but when i got my bank statement you had taken more than required, please do not send me these cd's and stop taking my money
    chika
    11/7/2011 What on earth is this CD company about, why do you keep billing me for Cds i have sent back to you already and you keep sending new ones which i dont really want. please, please stop, because i will go to my account and find money gone out of it. this is fraud in a different degree. I dont want to take this far, at the moment am not working but the little i have will also be getting missing in the bank. Please cancel any transactions because i have not signed any agreement for cd deliveries.
    Rose
    Rose
    11/2/2011 Hello, customer service. Today, I received unsolicited CDs in the mail with a note that I have 25 days to explore them. The truth is that any unsolicted material sent to any address, the recipient is NOT responsible for paying for them or mailing them back. For the FIRST set of unsolicted CDs, I am willing to send them right back (no exploration of them)but not at my expense. Send me a self-addressed stamped envolope big enough to hold the set and I will mail them back. Any future CDs sent my way will just be put into the trash and you lose them. The sheet that came with the unsolicted CDs identify me as Cust.#: and the unsolicted CDs Order #: 2. The package ID was . My name is Garry Moore. Whatever you did to make me a customer, STOP. Delete me. Cancel any "membership" that has my name or my customer # and DO NOT send any more unsolicted CDs. You have been warned that they will be trashed and not returned.
    Garry
    11/1/2011 STOP... What is this? I do not want and/or ask for any more than the free one. Make sure you credit my account and tell me what to do with this cd not ordered. I am not ready to pay for return since I did not authorized this transaction.
    jean marc
    10/27/2011 Good day to you I do not want anymore cd's from you. I asked for the first free cd's and you keep on sending me cd's and deducting money from my account. I do not want these cd's and I am not willing to pay for them!!! Pls refund me and I send your cd's back. It is not even readable on my laptop!! Thank you
    marina
    10/25/2011 This company is a total rip off. I've e-mailed them to stop and if they take another penny out I will put a class action suit against them. So everyone stay away from this company. Goodin
    Carrie
    10/25/2011 I didn' order these. would you please stop sending these and return my money. cust#626947
    Shirley
    10/17/2011 oh, no. i wish i had seen these comments before, my cd's should of arrived by now, needless to say they haven't. I will be visiting the bank tomorrow to ensure further charges are not incurred. thank you for the warning everyone
    Treacle
    10/12/2011 I found this website looking for your phone #; after calling it--2rings and a disconnect. This is obviously a scam based on all the other comments I'm reading here. Consider this a cancellation to your "club". If you charge my account any further, I will pursue prosecution. Your club will be referred to the BBB.
    MNLASS
    10/10/2011 You were not authorized to take money out of my bank account after taking the postage fee of $2.96. Due to your actions I have a debt with my bank when you took out another payment of : 2nd- $29.98(7/20/11), 3.st- $5.96 (8/04/11) 4nd- $59.96(9/14/11) 5st- $5.96(9/29/11) Total:$104.82 The cd software I never received. You have no right to take money of my account without my permission. Please, Close my account . STOP! took my money on my account and return all my money you have stolen from me or I'll be forced to take legal action against you and don't think I won't do it.You people are running a scam here and you messed with the wrong person when you messed with me and my fixed income. Shame on you and how dare you steal from an elderly person. Return the money you took from me. Send the check as I stated I no longer have a bank account thanks to you!!!
    Henry-Nguyen

• Mq
    M Quinland Dec 31, 2011

i ordered the free CD thinking OK i can have a free Bible i have now got billed twice of £39 .00 my bank said i should get this company to give me back my money. i only received 1 set of CDs that dont have what i order which was the Bible i would like to know if there is anyway of getting my money back as im on benefits and im finding it hard. To me thats alot of money and now i will be going back to my bank and make them investigate and try and get my mony back for me

• To
    tony faddoul Nov 21, 2012

my name is tony faddoul of 91b coronation ave halifax n.s b3n 2m7 customer number 652587.i would like to stop your service it is not helpfull for me.also i send back to you last shipment back please refund my credit card for the amount you charge me .i dont like to receive any more shipment right now .thank you you can call me if you like at 902 401 3028

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices