Cato Fashionsrefund policy

T

I purchased a pair of pants a few weeks ago. Had to return them but they had all tags plus price tag on them, but did not have receipt. I knew I couldn't get cash refund due to this, but thought I would at least get credit to store. The girl handed a gift card for half what I paid even though the tag clearly showed the full price on it. Said sorry that is our policy to refund. I wrote the customer service about this not being fair in keeping half my money. All I got back was a auto response saying this is our policy. With so many many clothes retailers out there with good and fair refund policy I will no longer shop here. I'm glad they are in such great financial shape that they can loose a good customer and all that I can advise not to shop here over 10 dollars! Buyer beware if you loose your receipt you will loose half of what you paid to return item.

• Du
    Dulohery Feb 15, 2018

Just FYI, in the 2 weeks that you waited to return your item, there could have been a markdown that took place. More than likely, it went on sale. Hence, the amount of money that they were worth at the time of the return. If YOU would have had your receipt, you would have gotten the full purchased amount. It's store policy, so getting upset to the employees over rules that they HAVE to follow, is rude!