Cash Converters personal finance centreAbuse of debit card transaction

D

Cash converters are at it again. They made an attempt to process a debit card transaction on 28/01/2015 but the transaction was declined. After I contacted the bank, it was established that there was sufficient funds to cover the amount to be taken, there were no blocks against cash converters to prevent the transaction. Instead, someone at cash converters head office had deliberately used the wrong code to process the transaction, knowing full well what the consequences would be. That is to say that the transaction would be declined and it would automatically look like I had defaulted on the agreement which would entitle them to claim a default charge and send a default notice to me. Once again the notice is invalid as it does not comply with the consumer credit act. I have once again put in a complaint and I have already paid the instalment amount which was due on 28 January, in cash and it was paid on 28 January 2015. I have told cash converters in my complaint that I am no longer authorising them to use my debit card for future transactions and will have my bank place a block against them. I have also told cash converters to investigate the matter further as part of my previous complaints.