Carquestwarranty not honored

Premium 34-60 battery with 2 year warranty, continuously goes dead, after not using vehicle for 2 weeks, using radio on accessory for 30 min., even when battery disconnected for 2 months it goes dead. Carquest kept battery for 3 weeks to have battery rep. check it. They said nothing wrong with battery, and they would not refund. I have replaced with an AC Delco battery. I can listen to radio for hours and truck starts. So far I have left the vehicle un started for 3 weeks and it started right away. When I first complained the battery was still within the 1 year replacement period. They have refused to refund me my money supposedly because there is nothing wrong. The battery was purchased by application, make and model of vehicle. Either they undersized by application or their batteries are just garbage.

• Kd
    KDN97035 Jul 22, 2016

I purchased some driving lights at the Carquest Tigrd Oregon Store on Friday 2/25/11. I installed them on Saturday. I found very little wiring for power only no additional wiring for the lights as explained in the directions. I had mounted the lights as the store was ordering an additional set to replace the missing wires. The Tigard store was helpful.
    I had the lights on the Jeep and pulled it out of the garage. I was looking at the lights and noticed they were not alinded. Even though they were not wired yet I was at least wanting them straight. I loosed the left light as I was retighting. the plastic housing broke at the base. I the called the Tigard store and they said they were closed on Sunday.
    The Beaverton Store was open. I called and spoke with the manager who said as long as I have the receipt there would be no problem. I drove out there and spoke to 2 sales people. The manager would not see me and said no after saying yes. He said I would have to retun it to the main store... Why did'nt he tell me this yesterday. He would not come and talk to me. I was very upset and I will not deal with this company again. If the manager is not man enough to deal with his customers then the company should re-think his position. Thanks for nothing Doug Store key #11042.

• Mk
    MkStItCh Jul 22, 2016

As far as the regulations on Americans with disabilities... There are many cases that show the law is being abused.

For example, a common claim is that individuals who are diagnosed with one of the so-called "lesser disabilities" are being "accommodated" when they should not be.[citation needed] As one law review article pointed out, the perception that the ADA primarily helps freeloaders was harshly satirized by The Onion in 1998 in the form of an article about the Americans With No Abilities Act.[32] The fictional Act would have provided "benefits and protection for more than 135 million talentless Americans, " and prohibited discriminatory questions such as "What can you bring to this organization?"[33][34]

On the other hand, court decisions have made necessary "an individualized assessment to prove that an impairment is protected under the ADA. Therefore, the plaintiff must offer evidence that the extent of the limitation caused by the impairment is substantial in terms of his or her own experience;" a medical diagnosis or physician's declaration of disability is no longer enough.[35]

Because of these problems were people feel that they have the right to just walk into places with animals, the law is no longer allowing them to take privileges when others do not know of the disability. That said, you need to inform people that you have the disability and give them the chance to adjust. The burden of providing the information is on you. Even then, your disability does NOT give you the right to be there. The business is still privately owned and they have the right to ask you not to come in.

Sorry but, your rights can not infringe on another persons rights.

• Ar
    ark0726 Jul 22, 2016

I am very upset with the owner and his wife of the Carquest in Norwood, CO. It was my first time in that location and my service dog accompanied me. There was no visible sign outside or inside indicating a dog running loose inside. Their dog immediately jumped on me after entering the store. The owner took the dog to the back. Then, made it clear it upset him he had to do so! I was holding my service dog during the entire time spent in the store and my dog was completely under control. I felt very uneasy, uncomfortable, and unwelcome there the whole time! The wife asked me to leave the store and I informed her he is a service dog because of a disability and offered to show her the documentation. She then threatened to release her dog and said, "We will see how your service dog reacts" in such a snide way! At this time, we were in the check out process with the owner. The owner and his wife then pursued to make rude comments as we left the store. You would think it would've ended there, but to my surprise I looked over to see the wife writing down our license plate number as if she was going to turn us in. For what, your guess is as good as mine! We were only the customers here to pick up a few small items and be on our way! Will never go back to that location again or even recommend it for that reason! It doesn't matter if you're the owner or not, you absolutely can not run a business like that! The owner, his wife, and any employees also need to know the rules and regulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Very unprofessional and as upset as I am over this, I will not hesitate to involve my lawyer.