CarHop Auto Sales & Finance Logo

CarHop Auto Sales & Finance

Having problems with CarHop Auto Sales & Finance?

+1 800 600 7013 (Customer Service)
+1 800 414 2622 (CarHop Finance)
P.O. Box 398104
Sat10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

used car

Looking for people who have bought car, cars from Car Hop and have had nothing but problems. I bought a car...

used cars

Looking for people who have bought cars thru Car Hop. I bought one and have had nothing but problems from day one. I've already have had to put couple of thousand into the car for repairs. Car Hop is a RIP OFF!!! Do not buy from them. If you do, have your vehicle checked immediately so if there are major problems you can return within the 72 hours you are given.
With my research they have been kicked out of a few states because of their business practices. I'm trying to see what I can do for Washington State but I need help from other to pro sue this.
Please send me a message if you have a story to tell. Every bit helps.

• Cs
    C. Scott Mar 12, 2013

Some1 start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT and I will ad MY problems that I am having with my van...

cliff scott 253-224-5744

very rude and untruthfull

In October 2010 I purchased a 2000 Ford Taurus that had a faulty fuel gauge they tried to fix it 3 times then...

poor service

Let me first start with my experience at your Burbank office. I scheduled appointment with an associate named...

stay the heck away

Purchased a 97 Explorer on 10/8; next day I had to take it to the shop for check engine light & coolant leek. CarHop did repair it after having to argue with them about trying to use used parts so I picked up the car after 2 weeks at the shop! Now after putting shocks on the vehicle I found the Ball Joints are in need of replacement; well the warranty they go on about does not cover it so I am screwed out of more money! It is my fault for buying a $1500 car for way too much money just because my credit was rough and now I may have to make it worse by giving the thing back just to avoid being out more money. Whatever you do DO NOT go to CarHop under ANY circumstances!

• Kh
    KHADRIAN May 02, 2012

CAR HOP IS A RIP OFF THEY SEND U TO MABLEVALE AUTO REPAIR WITH CHESTER RUINING UR CAR, WHEN HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE REPAIRING IT. WHEN THE CAR WENT IN FOR A MOTOR TO BE INSTALLED, IT WAS RETURNED WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER BLOWING HOT AIR. THE RAIDIO AND CD PLAYER NOT WORKING, WATER SOAKING THE CARPET IN THE FRONT SEAT. NO MIND U THIS IS THE SECOND MOTOR PUT IN THE CAR IN LESS THAN A MONTH. BEFORE IT WAS WALKERS AUTO REPAIR NOT FAR FROM MABLEVALE AUTO REPAIR SHOP WHO PUT THE FIRST MOTOR IN BOTH REPAIR SHOPS TOOK OVER A MONTH EACH TO MESS UP THE REPAIR JOB ON THE CAR. DO NOT GO TO CAR HOP UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. HOW CAN THEY HAVE A LICENSE TO OPERATE WITH THESE KIND OF BUSINESS PRACTICES. WHEN U CONTACT THE FINANCE COMPANY COMPLAINING THEY DONT WANT TO HEAR IT THEY JUST WANT THE MONEY UR CONTRACTED TO PAY THEM. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE SOUTHWEST LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS STORE WITH THE REPAIR SHOPS LOCATED IN SOUTHWEST LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS

• BlackIrish1966 Jan 31, 2013

I went to the new Sacramento, Ca location Carhop operates and was horrified by what I saw as vehicles for sale these cars were JUNK plain and simple I was so glad I took a look around their lot before signing any paperwork, the cars suck the SUVs suck they get these cars from auctions and make very limited repairs to get them on the lot as a former C.T.S.C. Tech I always look at the tire's first and what I found scared me. I could not believe they would let people drive off there lot with tires in this condition and the rust on some of these vehicle was way past the norm, bottom line there cars are JUNK and should be avoided I know it's hard when your credit sucks and you have no chose but please walk around the vehicle and check out everything before you sign any paperwork and get everything in writing before you drive off the lot!!!

• Pt
    pt crusier Apr 06, 2013

Yea don't go to Paul Blanco they do the same thing, I got my car one year and three months now. The floor managers tells you anything so u won't get mad at them. Paul Blanco sales people are a hot mess, I've being having problems since I had my car the first two weeks. They sold me a car with no censor in it. my clutch kept sticking and locking up on m when I down shift. the day of my party March the 2nd my car just stop on m with no lights coming on. brakes lock up timing belt, head gasket. wow My car was out of service since March 2nd to April 2nd and now it's April the 5th and it's back in the shop. And they only have one loaner car for to us and if they don't one you have to have a ride home. so tell me who is worst. The bank got a free payment for one month I'm paying for a car I don't drive. Lol

• Ta
    takincharge Mar 28, 2015

under a month car broke down, headaches to get fixed, had to miss work. then came blown tires, bad breaks, front end issues... started putting money in it in under a month. got nothing but a run around!!!

sold junk

DO NOT BUY FROM CAR HOP!! I have had past credit issues and I was in need of a car; I found Car hop online and was told by them my credit was no issue and I could get in for $500 down. I found what appeared to be a nice 97 Explorer AWD, it had a new inspection sticker and seemed to run fine. I signed the paperwork chatting and being re-assured by the Salesman that they take care of their customers and they have an outstanding warranty; he said the vehicle had just been serviced so there were no worries. Well the Sales guy is full of CRAP, by the time I got home the check engine light had come on and I could smell anti-freeze leaking; I had to ride my Harley into work and when I came home there was a puddle of fluid on the ground! I decided to give the Warranty a chance and took it to an approved shop; the shop is doing it's best but getting approval for the work seems to be a pain in the ###. Just as it was thought everything was a go Car Hop decided a part was TOO expensive and put a halt to the work and is looking for a USED PART!! I bought the car on the evening of 10/8 and it is still in the shop as of 10/19; I have told Car Hop if the repair is not allowed to go through by today I don't give a Damn if it goes on my credit they are getting this PIECE OF JUNK BACK!!

• Ke
    ken_robb Dec 04, 2010

hey guys bought a 2001 mitsubishi montero sport from carhop in richfield minnesota. I took the car for an inspection during the 72 hour period that they give you to return the car and mechanics found nothing wrong with the vehicle. within two months of purchsing the car, i noticed alot of jerking while trying to acceleratae. Oil was leaking to spark plugs, total $900 in repairs. Alot of other problems with the vehicle but will not list all of them. Long story short, if you have bad credit, the pro is that carhop will help you improve your credit score if you make your payments on time. The con is alot of their vehicles tend to have major mechanical problems so be prepared to spend alot of money on them. You are better off trying to save and buy a $2000.00 dollar vehicle than buying a car from carhop.

dishonest and horrible company

Long story short, here is how car hop operates. First like the lady says above. you go in first thing they want to do is get you approved. You don't look at cars or anything they get your credit done. Then with no real explanation they tell you what cars you can choose from. All of these cars will cost you exactly the same. (around 2x blue book value) You can not choose a cheaper car or even a more expensive one and pay the difference, we had about 5 choices.

So we pick one of our 5 choices, looks nice, is clean. I ask about the AC and they tell me it works. I ask if there's any known problems, they assure me its been to the reconditioning center and there are no issues with the vehicle. Well the next day the brakes make a horrible noise in the back, sounds like a dying duck. Car Hop says its not their problem we bought the car. Then March comes it gets a little warm, and i am in the drive thru at a restaurant, its warm...AC only blows hot. Once again not their problem even though he lied to me and said it worked, 2 days later still not even licensed the car, it dies and has to be towed. Fuel pump is out. We have to pay for the tow but the fuel pump is covered. As stated above their policy is to replace your broken part with used parts. (not reconditioned.. USED) A used fuel pump usually doesn't work since used parts come from wrecks, and the fuel pump dies to avoid fires. it took 15 or so calls and over 3 weeks for them to finally decide they would allow the shop to put in a new fuel pump. The mechanic tells us about why used ones don't work and that he had tried 3 before we finally got the new one approved.

And that was the short version.

DO NOT BUY FROM CARHOP

total wreck

I bought a car from Car Hop in MO on St. Charles Rock Road in February. I had no choice but to get a car from...

bad service

i bought a car from car hop in auburn of wa. in the first year i have to change my car engine and the tramission. now the second tramission stil it not work, and they wont pay for another one. if my car break down i still have to pay for a useless car. when ever i have problem of my act and the car. i would call in to the company of UAC the customer service is very rude, not understand and augreed with me. What kind of customer service augreed with you? one time i have to augreed with them for 2 days just to clear a mistake that they did on my account. PLEASE IF YOU ARE THINKING OF BUY A CAR FROM CARHOP think again! they charge you crazy interest. at First i bought the car it spend to week a the machine place. and when i call in to return 5 day later, they told me you only have 72 hrs to return. With the car sealer knew mention that.

• Ua
    UAC Employee Feb 25, 2010

Although it is unfortunate when any customer has mechanical issues, unforeseen problems do sometimes occur with used vehicles. To best assist our customers, every vehicle purchased includes a 72 hour Satisfaction Guarantee which allows a vehicle to be returned within 72 hours if our customer is not satisfied. In addition, each vehicle includes an 18 month / 18, 000 limited warranty. Since this is a limited warranty, the covered items are clearly listed in the paperwork each customer reviews and signs with their approval prior to purchase. We would happily cover any items included in the warranty.

You can reach us at [email protected] or toll free at 1-888-826-4227 for direct assistance. We take customer service very seriously and would like to learn more about your situation. CarHop has a long-standing strong rating with the Better Business Bureau and we are committed to continuing that level of excellence.

WelfareHater2010 Feb 25, 2010

WOW!!! If they at Carhop had as much difficulties understanding you in person, like the hard time we're all having reading this, then maybe it's your fault. Go get an education, learn how to at least sound out the words you're using, give an attempt at acting like an elementary school graduate and try to be an adult and take responsability for YOUR ACTIONS AND DECISIONS!! NEWSFLASH...CARHOP DEALS WITH BAD CREDIT PEOPLE ONLY, SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE HAVING TO BUY A CAR FROM THEM, THEN DON'T, AND PAY YOUR BILLS FOR ONCE SO YOUR CREDIT WOULD'N'T BE BAD IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU DEADBEAT!! GET OFF WELFARE TOO!! I'm tired of paying for it! Loser! I got you're FEMA check right here!! ###! Did it ever occur to you that you put yourself in this situation by being irresponsable?
    STOP BLAMING EVERYONE FOR YOUR PROBLEMS, THEY'RE ALL YOUR FAULT!

• Re
    Reallytickedoff24 Mar 09, 2010

WOW!!!

Welfarehater2010,
    Your comment was extremely rude and unwarranted. Nothing that Jenyle206 stated in her post was malicious or provoking. She simply posted a complaint on the "Complaints Board", which is the sole purpose of this board. You accused her of not acting like an adult for voicing her complaints, when in fact you are the one who resorted to name calling and hurtful words. You know nothing about her or her situation and you have no right to pass judgement.If getting online to pick on complete strangers is what you do for entertainment, then I feel sorry you. I do have a suggestion for you. Instead of bashing complete strangers, why dont YOU educate yourself, not just in manners but spelling and grammer as well.
    NEWS FLASH (you "###"): This is how you spell responsiblity. "CARHOP DEALS WITH BAD CREDIT PEOPLE ONLY?" Really? Try Car Hop deals with people who have brad credit. OR Car Hop customers generally have bad credit. Really anything other than "BAD CREDIT PEOPLE ONLY" would have worked. Wouldn't only needs one apostrophe. You have run on sentances, and you are comma and punctuation happy.
    You made yourself look like a jerk in more than one way, "loser".

• Re
    Reallytickedoff24 Mar 09, 2010

Excuse me, Bad* Credit, and Sentence*. I didnt mean to submit a post with any typos. I would hate for someone to assume that I was uneducated, irresponsible, or on welfare.

Also, Jennyle206 I hope that you get your issues with CarHop straightened out. =)

• Ca
    Candy41275 Oct 30, 2010

I bought a car from the Carhop in Dallas. I made an impulse decision after being referred to this place. I should have been concerned when I got a car in 4 hours. Also I was only given two choices of cars...One was in bad shape...so I chose the 2ooo Impala. The first day I got it, it was leaking oil. I took it to this shop called MASH(don't take your car here!!!) they supposedly fixed it but it was back leaking oil. I was soo mad...Toook it back to the place and now the oil is not leaking anymore. Fast Forward 2 weeks later, my transmission is bad and need to be replaced. I bought the car 10-9-10. What does that tell you? It hasn't been a month and I have had issues..I wish I wouild have asked for a car fax report and took it to be diagnosed. i admit that I didnt do my research and Got f**ked in the end...I would never reccomend this place to anyone..Also the customer service is terrible. They are very unprofessional and really don't give a damn about helping you..I dont know how in the hell they received an A+ on their BBB Rating...

warranty drive off repair

I purchased a car from carhop on august 29, 2009.Drove the car from richfield dealers to crystal office. The...

selling damaged vehicles

CarHop uses AutoCheck for their car history reports. This isn't an accurate site. I found that not only has my vehicle, but 18 now sitting on their lots, have sustained previous front-end damage. I am sure their AutoCheck reveals a clean history. Makes me wonder if there is a little money passing under the table or if they are affiliated in some way...get my drift? If you are concerned about your CarHop vehicle being damaged before your purchase, I have unlimited CarFax reports until September 5. I would be happy to check for you. I need more evidence that this occurs on a regular basis when I go after them for selling me an unsafe vehicle. Message me here or e-mail me at [protected]@netzero.net. Thanks! All help is appreciated; even hearing your nightmare!

WelfareHater2010 Feb 25, 2010

Hey Idiots, when you went there and they treated you sooooo bad, brow beat you over YOUR BAD CREDIT, and never gave you choices, and put you into a car that was sooooo unsafe...WHY DID YOU DO THE DEAL? WHY NOT JUST WALK AWAY? Just a question..from a halfway intelligent grown up. Stop Blaming Others you BAD CREDIT DEADBEATS!! PAY YOUR BILLS AND THESE THINGS WOULDN'T HAPPEN, YOU BIG OL DUMMIES!!

MatMarv20 Sep 23, 2011

Wow welfareHater2010. Dont be talking alot of ### when you dont even know the guy. I bought a 98 Windstar from Carhop and didnt tell me how much it was till after we signed the paper and let me tell you something there are so full of ###. 8200 for a van that broke down the first day and they happen to be closed when it happen then they didnt want to pay for it to get towed which wash bull ### when you stuck on the side of the freeway with a 10 year ol and a 2 year old then tell me the alternater was not there problem. The van is only worth 2000 on blue book and spent over 3000 in repairs.

downpayment repayment

No doubt they will finance you and put you in a vehicle that is a true statement. They even offered to put me in vehicles that either had no title or no air .The vehicle the lot put me in was very nasty and had some electrical pproblems. They said I coud bring it back and get my down payment back within 3 days. Well I did and it's been 11 days now and no one can seem to help me understand why it's taking so long to give me back my down payment. The lot manager said I was the first person to ever return a vehicle.

broken car

This is the second time I have bought a car from Car Hop, only because no one else would sell me a car, but...

junk car

MY GIRLFRIEND PURCHASED A DODGE CAR 1998 STRATUS, AND THEY WOULD NOT TELL HER THE VALUE OR PRICE OF THE CAR...

you lied and said you would fix it now you wont

In november 2008 I bought a 98 ford explore, it was sold to me as a AWD Vehicle I told car hop that I...

dishonest and verbally abusive

Car Hop/ UAC are liers and theifes and they are verbally abusive. FIRST they sell you a car. than the car...

negative

I bought a 99 ford explorer from this place. 2 weeks after the purchase a dead gasket blew and the entire...

ford windstar

I went to purchase a vehicle from Carhop i told them exactly what i wanted they gave me a car they thought would best meet my needs. I have 3 kids so I needed a minivan with 4 doors and low miles. They gave me a mini van with low miles. I wanted to spend no more than 6500.00 they gave me a car for 7995.00 I told them I need to test drive it it stalled coming back from the test drive, they showed me another car which had brakes that grinded when pressed needed new rotors and squeled need a new serpine belt. I told them i did not want to start all the paper work processing until i found the car I liked they gave me finance paper to fill out. I dont like the way they do business and wouldnot recommend buying a car from them they seem shaddy.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices