Complaints & Reviews

template for lawsuit agains carecredit/ge moneybank

The following complaint letter was found in research dealing with the ### at GE Moneybank/CareCredit and all...

high finance charges and late fees

I have a balance of $41 on my Care Credit account. I was charged $29 late pmt. fee, being one day late and $38.59 finance charges on the $41. account balance. I was the test for my dental business to determine how well our patients would be treated at Care Credit.

I definitely will not recommend being associated with this type of company. This is highway robbery. I will make sure everyone I know knows not associate with that company.

• Na
    Nancy Williams Aug 10, 2008

I commend you! My dentist recommended Care Credit and apparently knew nothing about it. I was told the interest rate was 0%. I cancelled the card without using it and changed dentists. Unfortunately, the new dentist had the brochures in his waiting room. I plan to tell him about this website. Again, I commend you for caring about your patients beyond what is reflected in your accounts receivable.

scam, dishonest practices

I mailed my payment on June 7th with the payment not due until the 27th. They started calling me on the 20th asking where my payment was and asking me to make the payment over the phone (seems to be a regular practice). I told them it wasn't even due until the 27th, I had already mailed the payment (gave check #, amount, and date mailed), and I would not give my checking account info over the phone. I was getting at least one phone call a day, sometimes 3 or 4 a day, each time having the same conversation. On the 26th a lady called telling me that they still hadn't received my payment and it obviously wouldn't get there in time and if I didn't make a payment over the phone I would get a late fee charge. I told her I would not do that. I made the payment online at about 9 a.m. on the 27th (due date). She calls back around noon telling me I need to make the payment over the phone. I told her I made it online and she argued with me telling me she didn't show a payment had been made. I checked my email while on the phone with her and I had received a confirmation email and started reading her the confirmation #. She wouldn't even let me finish. She was trying to cut me off but I kept talking reading her the #. She just said thank you and hung up. On the 29th they credited the account with the amount of the check I had sent. This has happened before. They hold the check, call you and tell you that you have to make a payment because your check is not there and you will get charged a late fee, then after you make the payment they 'find' your check and deposit it. They are very insistent that payments be made on the phone. Most companies are fine with payments made online, but not Care Credit. You can't email them and when they call you they are all speaking in such thick Indian accents you can barely understand them. When I received my statement today showing what had happened I was very upset and called customer service. I asked the guy if Care Credit was trying to run a scam and he told me he was very offended personally. I told him that I didn't say him personally, I was talking about his company. He told me there was nothing he could do. The first time they held a check was at the end of the 12 month no finance charge period. All payments had been on time and they held the last check to make it late just so they could raise the finance charge from the on time charge to the higher late rate.

• Ro
    Rod Feb 26, 2009

I am going through the same thing right now

• Ro
    Roma J. Shropshear Mar 04, 2009

I really think an attorney should get involved with this company. They are doing illegal practices and completely misrespresenting their services.

• I know what you mean. My interest is more than I owe on the bill. I am on a fixed income and well got to have a roof over my head. Sorry my cat up and got sick then died. Come on over $800 due now, $300 or more in intrest. Ha! Good luck, I'll pay what I can when I can. Its not my fault I am where I am financially, I worked all my life and this is what happens when you can no longer support yourself cuz somebody is too obsessed over the all mighty dollar that even physically assaulting someone over money seems to be the right thing to do.

• La
    Lana T. 27 Dec 12, 2009

I am furious with Care Credit. I have never had a credit card that got mad when you overpaid. First payment was $25 and we paid $200 so I didn't pay the next month. Any credit card I have had just credits you. Well it turns out no matter how much you overpay you are still expected to pay the monthly minimum. I argued and was refunded. Now in Oct. I made a payment on the 6th and the date due was Oct. 27. I made another payment Oct. 30 for my Nov. 27 payment and I have received more than four calls a day informing me I am late. Even though I am not late they don't seem to be accepting that payment for Nov. They are just counting it as an extra payment and now they expect me to pay a late fee.
    I am furious with this company and would like to know if I complain to the Better Business Bureau.

• Iz
    Izzy23 Dec 12, 2009

Why don't you pay online? I made all my payments to them online. I had no issues.

• 19
    1973asb Aug 11, 2010

We have had Care Credit for a year now. I have never had to pay any interest since I have always paid off the balance before the promotional period ends. Make a purchase, make monthly payments through GEMoney Bank online, and there are no harrassments. I continue to use my card, figure out what the monthly payment for that purchase needs to be to be paid off during the promotional time, and my outgoing debt obligation is the same as if I would have paid cah for the services since I do not have to pay interest. I also get a boost in my FICO score by continuing to have a balance and make monthly payments.
    If you take care of how you use the card, and be responsible about paying it every month, esepecially online to get a confirmation number, you can have a great card to help with larger expenses, boost your credit, and help balance your outgoing finances every month.
    Care Credit is a great tool IF used wisely.

getting a card

I am 21 years old and need alot of work dome to my teeth or they are going to fall out and rot. Well it seem...

scam charges!

I made triple payments to this company for five months. The sixth month I get a bill with a late charge on it. Two days later I start receiving phone calls from a collection guy talking about making arrangements... What the hell?? The fella says he wants to arrange direct payments... yeah right. I told them I will pay off the entire balance (11 months in advance) if they correct their mistake. The man said OK just this one time... I hung up the phone thinking alright, I have one more chance for them to screw up, and I am done?? Forget that, don't deal with this company if you can help it. Who would think there is late charges on payments you do not owe??

• Ba
    bajaskier May 19, 2008

They tried to rip me too. Beg borrow or steal whatever funds you need to to pay off original balance...no late late fees or interest. Send a CERTIFIED CHECK via CERTIFIED MAIL. Close any other links or accounts associated with these scammers. If they come after you, (which they probably will not because it will cost them more than you owe and they realize you did everything certified), have copies or your original payments, the certified check receipt and the certified mail receipt. This worked for me.

lower monthly payment denied

Please stop!!! Harrassing phone calls to these numbers or legal action will occur! Vivian Rego [protected]...

billing scam!

I had dental implants done, with treatment starting in September 2007. The dentist office offered 0% financing through GE Money (Care Credit). I set up a recurring payment through my Online Banking service to pay the balance in 12 equal installments on the 5th day of each month (3 days prior to the due date of the original invoice). Within 3 months, I was being charged a "late fee" of $39 per month, even though my payment was sent on the 5th day of each month, for well above the minimum payment requested. When I finally noticed the late fee charges, I contacted customer services and was told that the fees could not be waived since I had 3 consecutive late payments. When I asked how the payments could be late, when the 0% financing only required me to pay in full by Sept of 2008, the response was that I had to make a minimum payment within the billing cycle, which was actually 24-days, not a full month, which resulted in my "late" payments.

This is a deliberate tactic to scam consumers hoping they will be late so they can charge extra fees. Obviously, I should have read their boilerplate on the back of the invoice, rather than listen to my dental office personnel.

FYI: My dental office has confirmed their understanding that the credit plan does not require set payments, only that payment is made in full by the end of the term. So, there is a breakdown somewhere. I will never recommend use of this credit plan to anyone, or utilize it for myself again. I would prefer to pay in full or pay interest rather than deal with bad-faith financial institutions like this one!

mary Apr 08, 2008

You actually did not need to read the small print on the back it says on the first page of your statements when your payments are due and that you have to make atleast a minimum monthly payment and have your promo bal paid off by the due date in order to not have the finance charges added. It kills me how many people are so quick to point a finger but then admit that they did not read their statements. Its really not that hard.

terrible experience!

I had Lasik done in December and revived 0% financing through GE Money (Care Credit) Tried to set up a...

unauthorized charges!

I was being charged for a class i was not participating in. Charges kept occurring after canceling loan for...

scam and cheating!

On November 20 I sent a check to Care Credit in the Amount of $ 1100.00 and they cashed it as $ 11000.00 which was my banks fault as well as Care Credit for not paying attention. As of today which is Jan 10 I am owed $ 9900.00 do you think I can get that back NO they say it has to be searched first it cleary states on my statement that I over payed them which now can take up to 45 days to get back and has already been two months I will never deal with them again and I suggest no one does either. Now I had get an Attorney which I will send them the bill for that. They are a pretty sad company I will be telling all of the Medical offices where I live not to deal with them and hopefully people will listen, Hope this makes sense!

janice downey Aug 03, 2013

I just got this credit card and want to use it in 2 days. After reading all the bad comments, I'm afraid to use it.

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Aug 06, 2013

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 080613_cb_Kathleen**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns. Please email me at [email protected] with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

unfair collection agency

I received a care credit card to pay for medical bills that I couldn't afford. GE money bank care credit account for $1000,00. I used the card and kept up with the payments and was always on time, until I got very ill and became unable to work. I now have a yearly income which is $7,000.00. I only see $4,500.00 of that money because of doctor bills, medicine, over the counter drugs etc.. all of these things are not covered by my medical insurance company. I've been sick now for 6 years. I'm just now recovering from brain tramia. This company is calling me everyday all day. They are asking for me to pay the account off in full. I tried to make payments to them to the best I could. I told them how much money I get a year to live on ,but they tell me they don't care. I received A credit report. they have on my credit report that I owe them $1,800.00. The last payment to them from me I owed them $900.00. I closed the account and they won't stop adding more money to the account. I've tried everything to get help. I have made payments to them for 6 years and still owe them money. I didn't know they were putting my payments on the extra charges they continue to put on my account. I've paid them well over $700.00, but they just keep harassing me. They call all day everyday I can't even answer my own phone. I'm bed reiddin most of the time. I now turn off my answering machine so not to hear their long messages. Help! How can they be aloud to do this ? Where is the fairness where are the people or places we can turn to for help? I would really like to be a part of a group that ban together to fight these companys. I CAN ONLY HOPE SOMEONE WILL READ THIS AND CONTACT ME TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP CONSUMERS TO BE HEARD AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I can be reached at [protected]@insight.rr.com or [protected].

sneaky little rules!

I paid care credit on time every month, so I was pretty surprised when I found out that late payment charge...

get rid off!

Hello: my name is "Lannie Hunt", from Bakersfield, Ca. In may, june, july, of 2006, my family and i took a...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices