Menu
Home Money & Insurance Capital One Auto loan
U
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Capital one repossessed my vehicle in October of 21 due to job loss I was unable to make the payments. I tried refinancing my loan and was not able to since capital one doesn't allow it. I paid $1200 to bring my account current and went to go pick up my vehicle which wouldn't start and the title was not in my name at the time in December. If I would have been pulled over driving this home the car would look stolen. I had to leave the vehicle at the auction lot to be picked up later. The auction lot then had my vehicle towed and capital one couldn't find out where. Towards the end of January I got a bunch of checks and a blank title from capital one to put the title back in my name. At which time I would have been another 3 months late on the loan. I have been told that it would move back into repossession and I would have to pay the difference. Now in April '22 my online account still does not reflect this, the title is not in my name since I have no way of getting to a DMV for this, and capital one continues to call asking if I have the vehicle. The auction lot has had the vehicle the entire time and I am not paying for a vehicle I do not have.

More Capital One complaints & reviews