Menu

Camp Australia  -  Supervision of children in care

P
Author of the complaint
8:32 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My 5 year old kindy child begun with Camp Aust. I’m February. I was told she would be collected from class by a staff member and walked to the on-site centre.

Not only did this not occur but she was allowed to walk out of the school gate and off with a friend down the street and get in to this other child’s car.

I spoke with staff at Camp Aust, the following day & was told their policy was to call parents when a child didn’t attend the booked session. This did not occur.

The following week, my daughter was crying when a parent collected their child and my daughter was comforted by this parent as she apologies for kissing their child.

Once I’d collected my daughter, she told me at home that a group of big kids surrounded her and her 5 year old friend, whilst in the Camp Aust. room and forced them to kiss. This took place whilst a staff member was in the same room.

When confronted, staff said they didn’t mention it to parents as they wanted to first investigate and that the boy involved had been causing problems for everyone. When I demanded action be taken, I was told they would talk to his parents.

Both incidences have been escalated to head office and after more then 8 business days, I have still not received a reply.

I am therefore left with no other option but to make a legal report regarding the care of children within this centre.

More Camp Australia complaints & reviews