Having problems with Camp Australia?

Camp Australia Customer Service Contacts

+61 388 514 100 (International)
1731 Malvern Road Glen Iris
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Camp Australia Customer Service. Initial Camp Australia complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Camp Australia above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Camp Australia. Discuss the issues you have had with Camp Australia and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Camp Australia Complaints & Reviews

Camp AustraliaStaff

I don't mean. There are some srilankan or indian international students working on after school care. Our kids are struggling to understanding them. we need well educate Australians. Our kids need to learn more English language we paying money please consider about this. Thanks

• Camp Australia's response · Nov 24, 2020

Dear William,

As a proud multi-cultural Australian organisation we do not discriminate against any person looking for employment in the ECEC sector.
      Our recruitment process involves verbal interviews where we assess the level of communication required to work as an educator in their chosen Camp Australia service.
      If you would like to discuss a specific service please can you send an email to [email protected] and one of our team will be in contact to understand your specific issue.

Regards,

Jul 08, 2020

Camp Australia — Boring vacation care belgian gardens townsville qld

The activities are very boring. I am not sure if the carers do not get enough tools or support or preparation...

Feb 19, 2020

Camp Australia — after school care

The school my child is going to has after school care for his age but I can't make a booking due to a glitch...

Feb 12, 2020

Camp Australia — billing & harassment via email

I am astonished at the incompetence of this organisation. This is a tale of absolute failure on the part of...

Oct 17, 2019

Camp Australia — unable to book - I am told to make other arrangements

To the Head office complaint department, I'd like to place a complaint for your poor service and lack of...

Camp Australiacomplaints

I applied for a position with Camp Australia, passed my phone interview and supplied all relevant documents required for the position. One of the requirements is to supply at least 2 references which I did but because they were not my immediate supervisor, I was rejected for the position! For the last 4 years I've worked very hard as a small business owner so I was my own boss and didn't have a supervisor as such but Camp Australia do not seem to understand what I am explaining to them so I put it in writing and sent an email but again I was rejected. The 2 references were people that I communicated with on a daily basis that work for reputable international companies and they were told over the phone by Camp Australia that they were not suitable as my references!
    I am very disappointed as I am more than qualified for this position and I can't even speak to someone in Australia from Camp 'Australia'

• Camp Australia's response · Oct 21, 2019

Camp Australia is a child safe provider and our recruitment process is set up to ensure the safety of all children attending our services. Part of this process involves the completion of reference checks where we require to speak with two previous managers/supervisors. This falls in line with industry practices and was also highlighted as one of a number of recommended recruitment practices for child safe organisations by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.

While we can appreciate your disappointment in not being able to join our team, and we certainly don’t like turning away passionate educators, being able to ensure all children attending a Camp Australia service will be in a safe environment is not something we are willing to compromise on.

Should you be able to provide suitable references in the future, we would be happy to reconsider your application at this time.

Aug 11, 2019

Camp Australia — ridiculous website/ stolen things

I'm always having a stress when using their website. Very uncomfortable, non-working, not modern and I'm also...

Jul 05, 2019

Camp Australia — products inquiry

to whom it may concern, i am very unhappy with your online over the phone service, they don't understand...

Camp Australiacamp australia - profit driven

I received a phone call less than 24hrs out that care for my 2 children for the next day has been cancelled. No reason given, just unable to provide the service I pay for, on time, every time. Go to pick up my kids that afternoon and find out the service is still running, just my kids are unable to attend. I have my kids booked in 5 days a week, before and after school care, yet that doesn't make them a priority, that just makes them less profitable than a child that is booked in "casually". So all the kids that were "permanent bookings" were cancelled the following day due to not having enough carers available.. previously also received an email for vacation care advertising a discount for new users only. Again, not looking after the regular clients... Also the pricing structure changed to include three tiers, with blue being for ppl like me with a regular schedule, offering discounted rates. Rang to join this tier and was told it's not offered in my area, so have no choice but to pay silver rates and if u cancel within 7 days, you still have to pay full rates. Why advertise it then? Also centre closed for 3 days for a cyclone that was crossing the coast over 600km north of us so I booked in with another (open!) service for the interim. They were lovely, but my kids prefer to hang out with their friends from school. Not happy with service at all. . Staff complain about upper-management frequently. Not enough activity packs supplied for vacation care... They told me to lodge this complaint!

• Camp Australia's response · Sep 25, 2019

We take all feedback as an opportunity to improve our program and quality of service, and we are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. To discuss these matters further could you please contact our Customer Care Team on [protected] so that we can raise your billing and operational concerns to the relevant management teams.

Jun 17, 2019

Camp Australia — customer service/accounts

Hi I am very disappointed wit h Campaustralia. If nothing out of the ordinary happens then all good, payment...

Camp Australiaafter school care?

I tried to call about my bill as I have had troubles understanding it as I have only recently renewed with your service. I was kept on hold for nearly 30min and then was hung up on because the girl couldn't hear me. I gave up. I have since worked out my billing question and paid my bill. However it looks like a $20 charge has since gone into my bill? Is this a late payment fee??? I paid 2 days late and my bill was $13. You are charging me $20 late fee for paying a $13 bill 2 days late? I don't think so! Can I charge you for my time being kept on hold?

• Camp Australia's response · Sep 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for providing us with an opportunity to improve the quality of our service. We are sorry to hear about this experience with our Customer Care Team.
            If you have any further questions regarding your billing, please contact us on [protected] and request your feedback be escalated to a member of our Senior Customer Care Team.

Camp Australiachild care subsidy

I'm currently having a situation, where we have had payments withdrawn from my account at full price even when I have spoken to centrelink and have confirmed all the enrollments. I have supplied my CCS summary via email with my eligible childcare hours to them within an hour of receiving their email to have no reply for over a day. I have been into the centrelink office and they have assured me that I have completed everything from their end. Camp Australia keep insisting that it is with Centrelink. This has been going on now for a term now going into term two! And today I still have been debited the full price! I feel that Camp Australia are stealing money off my family, it's causing my family distress and worry as they continue to empty my bank account. Perhaps the media, A Current Affair would like to investigate this and why (as I have noted from other complaints) families are not receiving the subsidy they are entitled to!

Apr 10, 2019

Camp Australia — illegal payment deductions/rude service/ non english speaking staff

After numerous calls i finally managaed to get Set up a payment extension with camp australia and asked them...

Camp Australiacamp australia school holiday care

On Monday 8/4/19 My daughter attended Lyndhurst Primary school where the Camp Australia was being held. When I picked up my daughter she was very distressed because while at school Holiday care there was a child in the group spitting in the faces of all of the children and behaving unruly. On Tuesday My daughter was again dropped off at Lyndhurst Camp Australia, I spoke to one of the carers in the morning when I dropped my son and daughter off about what had occurred the day before and I was assured that the parents and child had been spoken too.
            Later that day I picked up both of my children and when I entered the room my children came running to me very distressed telling me that my daughter was hit and pushed by a boy in the program and the same boy told my son he was going to slit his throat! I was disgusted and spoke immediately with a carer and although he was apologetic he really couldn't tell me what had been done to protect the children that are being subjected to the abuse and bullying. while I was there talking to the carer this boy was throwing food, a number of children are physically fighting it was an absolute circus. Later I was told by my kids that the "spitting" boy was again at the program on the second day and he was physically assaulting a young girl in the group and the carers had absolutely NO control over any of them what so ever. I cannot believe that these people can allow this type of environment, I feel terrible as a parent that I unknowingly subjected my kids to this for a whole day! I cant believe the parents weren't called to take these children home for the sake of all the other children.

Mar 25, 2019

Camp Australia — booking portal

The online booking confirmation page is confusing to say the least and has led me at least two times recently...

Camp Australiaafter school care

My son was enrolled to the first school term. I introduced myself three times to the ladies before the school started. The supervisor said they will be able to pick him up for the first days due to school is huge and we are new to it. They forgot him
              On the first day and blamed me for it. Than my son was bullied a few times. I hve been never approached by any educators about my sons day. The regional manager didnt solve the issue. They were quite attaking and made me feel like it is all my fault. Unfortunately, very bad experience. Missing our previous service provider.

Camp Australiaservice issues, billing issues, illegal and unauthorised direct debit amounts.

2018 saw the removal of one camp australia staff member from our school when multiple CHILDREN complained to their parents and school principal. It also saw Camp Australia fail to direct debit the fee money on the day it specified (it was over a week later that it eventually took the money out but by that stage the account was already over drawn so i transfer total cost cost to clear for end of year and 2 days later camp australia put through direct debit so i end up being on credit $$.
                2019 has already seen FIRST statement issued with fee payment of $156.27 due 7 March. Text msg from C.A on 4 March stating 156.27 will be taken out on 7 March. Online banking shows $531.84 direct debited from Camp Australia and not $157 as per the issued statement and text msg. Call help line only to get a useless paper pusher called Jenny in the Philappines who has no authority at all to do anything except lodge a complaint and tell me someone may call Monday ([censored] as monday is a p/h in Victoria.) This is why cheap nasty comapies like camp australia use cheap and nasty foreign staff because they are well aware that such foreign staff are usless. According to this foreign person, sometime between 11am on 4th March and 7 March, Centrelink informed them of changes and so camp australia ammended the statement without notyfing me in any way (email, phone, letter, text, fax) that the statemrnt was ammended and the reasons why and also failed to notify my of any impending change to the direct debit amount to come out. The withdrawel of the unauthorised amount put camp australia in breach of its terms and conditions (read points 14 through to 17) and in breach of the law for deliberatly withdrawing an unauthorised amount. I asked for an immediate refund only to be told policy dictates nothing can be done until a comaint is lodged and reviewed even though it has put us in a situation of hardship and other payments being rejected.

A complaint has now been made to to Consumer Affairs Victoria and the ACCC.

• Updated by How low can they go · Mar 12, 2019

Update 1. Missed a call from camp australia Tuesday 12 March because I was at work and do not have acess.to my phone until 7pm. I call Wednesday 13 March and request to speak to an Australian Senior Manager who can sort out the isssue. Was on hold only to be told all managers are in a meeting. I requested that a person from the meeting can be interupted to take this phone cal given the serious
                    Nature of the complaint. They said they can't and can i give a time back convenient to me so thry can call. I said right now was the most convenient as I work until 7pm Australian time and can't speak to someone from Australia at that time. I also said I have read the comai tsboard.com website where someone else had the same problem of australian staff being in a meeting. I have now been on hold for nearly 40 minutes as I write this without speaking to someone. Ironically i have just recieved an email while on hold telling me my payment was rejected and to call the customer service team. HELLLLOOOO I HAVE NOW BEEN ON HOLD FOR MORE THAN 40 minutes wanting to sort it out (of bloody course it failed, they were not supposed to take $531 out only $157 so there wasn't enough money in the account).

jorjax Mar 24, 2019

Statement issued 12th March 2019 shows fee payment of $130.27 due 21st March.
                    Online banking shows $226.48 deducted from Camp Australia on 21st March.
                    Call (so called) Customer Service, I speak with someone from a foreign country with a foreign accent so thick it was extremely hard to understand, to the point I was having to ask her to repeat herself 4 times. Managed to understand that the Centrelink had sent Camp Australia a new CCS amount from 1st Jan to 1st March and hence during that I personally should have paid more - which I am actually completely fine HOWEVER I was not notified of the price change. The hard to understand lady told me someone higher than her would return my call to try and rectify the situation (which I repeated back to her 4 times as again I wasn’t sure if what I was hearing was correct). I received no phone. I rang on my way home to be passed to a “manger” whose accent was also so thick it was very hard to understand – I asked for refund and he stated Camp Australia do not have that facility. I started crying as this now meant I had NO MONEY to purchase food. All he could offer was an apology, assured me he "understood my frustration" and stated someone would call be back first thing Monday morning. Again no one has rang me back.

Camp Australiacustomer service, unsolved problem going for 3 weeks

My daughter is using before and after care. And I am an account holder. I provided all the information about childcare subsidy as they requested abd centrelink even checked 3 times, one of the centrelink staff talked to them on the phone to confirm everything about my details. And it has been going 3 weeks, they still haven't put the enrollment thru my account so I can confirm and get the child care subsidy discount. Every time I called, I talked to different staff and had to tell them again and again about my infos although I asked them to write a note on my account so the other staff know what happenning to me. Anyway, they sent me a bill with full fee and told me I need to correct infos with centrelink!!! They keep telling me different stories each time I called and asked me to do things that according centrelink, I wasn't my job to do. Centrelink adviced me to sue them for my time, my stress and money!!!

Manda79 May 02, 2019

I'm currently having a similar situation, we have had payments withdrawn from my account at full price even when I have spoken to centrelink and have confirmed all the enrolments. I have supplied my CCS summary via email with my eligible childcare hours to them within an hour of receiving their email to have no reply for over a day. I have been into the centrelink office and they have assured me that I have completed everything from their end. Camp Australia keep insisting that it is with Centrelink. This has been going on now for a term now going into term two! And today I still have been debited the full price! Surely you would pop the account on hold until the payment situation was sorted out... obviously not. I feel that Camp Australia are stealing money off families, it's causing my family distress and worry as they continue to empty my bank account. Perhaps the media, A Current Affair would like to investigate this and why families are not receiving the subsidy they are entitled to!

Feb 17, 2019

Camp Australia — childcare

My children attended Camp Australia for the school holiday program and have continued to attend for before...

Camp Australia — services fees and membership fees

While scrolling in my statements, I discovered few times that camp Australia is charging me for days that I...

Melbourne