California Department of Motor Vehicles [CA DMV]Registration refund

S Jul 29, 2020

Submitted the refund application on-line after I paid colorado registration fees. That was on feb. 22, 2020, I heard nothing back what so ever. Submitted application again on may 20, 2020, again on-line, I again heard nothing back. Submitted refund application again on june 1st, this time by mail and have still not received my refund or any correspondence from the dmv. Their own policy states that they will refund your fees or contact you for more information. This is some sort of joke right? Spent over 4 hour on hold and finally hung up well after 6:30, 1 and a half hours after they close, figured they might honor the 2 hours I was told to wait for an agent, nope. If they had just dropped the call at 5 pm when they closed, at least I would have know I was doomed. Tried the chat on-line, got to an agent who was less than useless, gave me a number 916-657-8035 that is so over burdened that it hangs up after telling you they have a high call volume, wtf? Just keep trying stupid! Is california so broke that they can't honor their agreements? Or is it just a middle finger to those who have fled? I think we all know the answer to that.