Caliber Home LoansWebsite and app was changed and in non-functional

I Nov 12, 2020 Review updated:

Michael Garmedian;

You handled my home loan refinance a few months ago loan # [protected]. Caliber changed both their app and their website recently and when I went to make my November payment I could log in but the app froze up not asking me log in again which happened over and over. I then went to the website on my laptop and logged in to my account. I found that my bank account, routing # was gone and observed the website looked different. The website wouldn't let me make a payment with my credit card or set up bank and routing # for automatic payment either. I called for help and the automated system said it couldn't match my phone # to a Liam in the system. I finally got through to a representative and he acknowledged Caliber had changed the website and app and other people were complaining about not being able to make a payment either.

I decided to write and mail a check to Caliber.
This was on 10/31/20. I mailed the check at the post office on Monday 11/2/20 and it has not hit my bank to date. It only takes 3 days mail service to go anywhere in the US so I'm getting worried that Caliber must have changed their mail intake procedure also.

This whole thing is ridiculous. I called customer service again yesterday and it didn't recognize my phone # same as last week. I finally got through to a representative and she verified my account info: loan #, address, phone #, etc. so it appears the phone interface / parking system is corrupt also.

When is this going to get fixed. I got a letter from UPC Insurance that they haven't received a payment so it appears that the escrow system is screwed up too. This is a mess. Will my homeowners insurance get cancelled, taxes are due too.

Please get back with me as soon as possible. This is the second message I've sent you concerning this problem and now I'm getting worried.

Regards,

Richard Santos

Sent from myMail for iOS

Website and app was changed and in non-functional

• Mw
    M.W.013 Nov 30, 2020

Something similar is happening to me now. I made my online payment on the 5th of Nov. later in the month I get a call saying I never paid. I looked and they had rejected it for "Insufficient Funds, " which was not the case. I was hit with fees and all. I attempted to pay again once this was brought to my attention and same thing on the 25th. I called and the automated system said I paid, but its still showing online that I was hit with another rejection and fee. My bank even hit me with fees for Caliber rejecting for "Insufficient Funds." I have records and everything showing the fund were available at all times. I just now got in touch with a customer service rep and expressed my concerns hoping they would fix it. she put me on hold and then hung up. So I have looked up a few things and noticed that Caliber had a class action lawsuit filed against them in New York back in late 2017 for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices act. Seeing as they are basically FORCING people to default on payments, Id say if there are still issues in the near future, everyone that has had this happen needs to get another class action lawsuit going. This company apparently doesn't care to try to fix any problems.

M.W