Buyatimeshare.comRipoff

B

I wanted to sell my timeshare, as it was becoming a financial liability. I saw the website, and contacted Quincy Browne, who talked very fast and said a processing fee of $299 had to be paid before they could list my timeshare. I was then told the cost to sell the property was $795. I said I could not pay it all in one payment, and was told I could pay half one month (February 2011), and the second half the following month (March 2011). I was then emailed a contract in which I was pressured to sign immediately, and was told my timeshare was very valuable and would easily be sold. I had to contact Mr. Browne for information, as "we work with far too many clients on a regular basis to set follow ups on accounts." I have been continually reassured, since April 2011, that there is great interest in my timeshare; however, Mr. Browne cannot share any data on the number of inquiries, etc., because it would be a violate "privacy laws" even though I told him I only wanted data, not people's personal information. He then had the audacity to suggest I pay an additional $499 to be placed on their "Hot Deals Program", and even got "special permission" from "Accounting" for my timeshare to be advertised there, even though I'm "not eligible". Does anyone know how I can get a refund for the $1098 I spent for nothing?

RESOLVED

• Va
    VacationJames Oct 22, 2012

I would suggest calling them. Speak to their customer service director. His office line is 800.640.6886. They may have alternatives or at least be able to offer you something for feeling so mistreated. Cheers!

Joan: Jul 10, 2012

This fast talker has talked my parents out of over $700 and we have not seen any contracts that were supposedly "on your hard drive". Same guy, Quincy Browne. Stay away from him!