british gold refineryunder value

R

on valueation of my gold on the web site my gold was 18ct and waight was 16 grams it was valued at £433.00. i sent my gold of which including the chain 2 watches and earings they phoned me and offerd me £144.00 the gold calculator showed me £433.00 this was very missleading and i think unfair now they want £50.00 to return my gold or they will refine it within 10 days if you can help me in any way it would be very much appreciated thanks anthony

• De
    deeply upset Jun 21, 2016

I sent a bracelet and various other pieces of jewellery to this company to sell. I knew what they were worth and they offered me less than Glasgow's most notorious pawn broker for the lot. Naturally I asked for my items back as I knew I could get more for them elsewhere. They said they would phone back and they did a couple of days later with another offer. I told them I didn't want an offer I wanted my items back. It has been two weeks and now their phone number is invalid. I am heartbroken and have the police coming round later to take a statement from me. Beware this company and their very plausible website.

• Ki
    King Richard Jun 21, 2016

These people are thieves and liars. Avoid them. They undervalued a gold bracelet by 55%. (I knew the approximate value of the item beforehand). Their very plausible web site suggests they will give a good price for your gold but once they get possession of it - you've seen the last of it, unless you want a long fight to get it back.
    They use all kinds of tactics to justify their lousy offers eg, no Hallmark (Gold bullion, gold sovereigns jewellery made overseas has no Hallmark either) They lie about the weight and the carat. Then they tell you it will cost you £50.00 for them to post it back to you and they won't release the items until they have this money! And so it goes on. Save yourself a pile of heartache and grief and steer clear of these crooks. My advice is that if you have unwanted gold to sell first get 3 independent valuations from 3 proper reputable jewellers and don't lose possession of your items . Only after you know the true approximate market value of your items should you enter into negotiations and even then don’t hand it over unless and until you are paid.

• Mo
    moomintrog1 Mar 07, 2012

I have had to involve police and trading standards today too. They quoted me £500 online for my gold - then offered £214, saying that the online price is a 'spot price' and not the actual price they offer. I refused and asked for my watch back. They will not return it unless I pay £50. I won't pay as they are in clear breach of contract. Their website states
    ''•No Charge: There is absolutely nothing to pay. We provide free postage or courier collection and even free quotations*, and will return your jewellery to you completely free of charge if you decide not to accept our confirmed valuation''''
    Their terms and conditions contradict this. Trading standards advised me that this is unfair business practice and a criminal offence.'
    I had seen all the negative reviews about this company AFTER I sent my gold so I called and expressed my concerns and was told it was all being posted by rival gold companies trying to tarnish their name.
    Well I'm here to confirm that it isn't!! They will rip you off if you give then half a chance. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!
    I have now given them 24hrs to return my jewellery before I proceed with legal action.

• Du
    DUKKE Nov 22, 2011

THEY ARE DISHONEST CROOKS TO SAY THE LEAST!!! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM! THEY DELIBERATELY MISLEAD PEOPLE AND THEIR T&C ARE BIASED AND UNFAIR. BUT DON'T WORRY... THEY 'LL BE SHORT LIVED AS TRADING STANDARDS ARE ON THEIR CASE!!

• Co
    constructivekm Oct 10, 2011

The company is a complete scam. No address on their website, no returned calls, lies about valuations. My jewellery has simply been stollen by this company. I have reported them to the police and suggest everyone does likewise.

• Tr
    trainers54 Oct 04, 2011

I too have had a similar experience. I called in advance asking for their prices for silver and gold and expected a comeback of at least £80. Advised today a pathetic valuation of £24. And £50 to get it back. I expect this has been to Watchdog. I have sent them my details. Saddened.

• Ia
    Ian H.Thain Sep 19, 2011

The high price of gold has encouraged the thieves and sharks to move in, as always. Whatever their offer, there is no way the dealer should be charging you £50 to return your own property. Suggest you (1) Contact your local council's Trading Standards department (number in the phone book) and ask them to intervene, and (2) Email the gold dealer to demand your own property back immediately and tell them you have asked Trading Standards to assist you, and that you will hold the dealer responsible for any and all consequential loss to you.

Trading standards are never quick and you may have to kick them a bit to get some real action, but they do have the legal clout to close a dishonest business. Good luck.

• Ro