Brinks Home Securitycancel contract

This review was posted by
a verified customer
Verified customer

Wrote a letter to the EDT dept.asking to end my service as I was moving out of state and the house was under other contact. They mail me a letter to show proof that I moved, which I did. Called their customer service .switch me to collection I explain the problem, still with many calls and letters no help, also the contact I sign didn't have any length of time on it. They sent me the copy with a 3 yrs contract, the same contract I have where someone wrote a 3 yr. in the block on the contract, my copy doesn't have that. Which I mailed them, still no help. Now I am recieving a notice from a collection patry. What can I do? Help ME


  • Mr
    Mr_J71 Feb 27, 2009

    Write a letter to the collection agency tell them to cease all contact with you according to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and they must stop all contact with you effective immediatley. Send it certified mail with return receipt. If the collectioon agency gives you any notices or contacts you after that, then you automatically win $1, 000.00 from the collection agency after that if you take them to court, but you need to save the documents. If the collection agency has given you any notice / documentation stating that the money is due NOW if they use the words NOW, Immediatly, or threaten to attach wages before a judgement against you, ect., then again you automatically win $1, 000.00 if you take them to court. The $1, 000.00 should be enough to knock some or all of the money you owe. Tell Brinks to Go fly a Kite.

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions