Having problems with Brach's?

Brach's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2014. The latest review Candy corn was posted on Oct 13, 2021. Brach's has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 549 reviews. Brach's has resolved 0 complaints.

Brach's Customer Service Contacts

1 Tower Lane № 2700
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brach's Customer Service. Initial Brach's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brach's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brach's. Discuss the issues you have had with Brach's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Brach's Complaints & Reviews, Page 13

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I bought some maple nut goodies at a pilot travel center her in R ayville, La. They are very hard and they look like they have a white coating on them. You can't even chew them. They just break like peanut brittle. It says on the packaging that the B B Date is 10 12 2018. I have never had a problem with them before. Do you need me to take a picture of how they look and send that to you? They have an odd flavor.

maple nut goodies

• Updated by Angie Singleton Weeks · Apr 21, 2018

I love Maple Nut Goodies. They should not look like that. So dissappointed.

Respond

Brach's — brachs all reds jelly bird eggs

I found this foreign object in the bag when I went to pour them in a bowl. I did not want to jeopardize...

Longmeadow

Brach'smaple nut goodies

My husband and I have loved maple nut goodies for years! Until that past year or more, every bag we buy they taste terrible and are much too hard! At first we thought we got a bad batch but soon realized that it was all of them! Not sure if the recipe was changed or what but they are now disgusting! Please return our old Maple Nut goodies!! We miss enjoying them! Thank you!

Brach'sbrach’s maple nut clusters

Today When grocery shopping at Walmart I had a craving for some brach's maple nut...I got home and cracked open the container and they were rich hard when I put 2 in my mouth😳. I felt like I was gonna break my teeth. They usually are all chewy and I was truly disappointed. Would you please consider a replacement?
      Tammy Leavitt
      4053 Richmark Lane
      bay coty, MI. 48706

Brach'smarshmallow chicks and rabbits

I am incredibly disappointed with the decline in Brachs candy. I recently bought 3 bags of marshmallow chicks & rabbits for my grandsons... their dad loved them when he was a boy. I am so disgusted! All 3 bags were almost entirely orange, with 4-6 yellow or blue. The yellow and blue were moist & tasty; however, the orange candies were hard & tasteless. It was like the manufacturer knew the orange candies were stale and so they tossed in a few fresh ones to compensate. I expect that these bags will be replaced.

Get back to your former quality, Brachs... you were once considered the best money could buy!

Brach'sbeach's christmas nougats mix

I'm writing in reference to Brachs Christmas Nougats Mix candy. I purchased 4 bags at Christmas, I only opened/used 2. However I can feel the candy thru the bag it's hard and inedible. The code date on the bags is 9/13/18.
          THE NUMBER ON the bags is 7X144J20205, I purchased at Walgreens.
          Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Eva Rice-Misuraco
          [protected]@aol.com

Brach'smaple nut goodies

This is the 5th bag i have purchased. The candy is not what is used to be it is bad, to hard. This is not good the outside of the candy is gross. I thought i had gotten a bad bag an old bag okay i throw away ...buy from another store...what on earth is going on here... The same. Horrible okay maybe bad batch i wait a month or 2 then same ...then i wait for about 6 more months til all bad is or should be gone...but well maybe no one likes it so here i am again with 2 more bad bags. Fix this...horrible horrible candy

Respond

Brach'sno hide and seek eggs for easter

All my life- 50yrs- I look forward to seasonal candy- especially Easter for those fabulous hide and seek colorful candy coated marshmallow eggs! An Easter basket isn't complete without them! I searched all surrounding stores and only one had a case and I bought all I could- then there were none! I was so sad☹️😭. My birthday was March 24th and we tried to get some but couldn't find them!
              Did y'all not make any this year or what? Feeling devastated! Please bring them out again next year.

• Updated by Tami Brown · Apr 09, 2018

Maybe a complimentary - belated birthday- stash of the Hide and Seek eggs would make me feel better. :)

Brach'sbrach's maple nut goodies

I purchased a bag of Maple Nut Goodies on 03/27/18 from Rose's Department Store in Brookpark Ohio. The center candy is hard like a peanut brittle. I checked the expiration date to make sure it was not an expired bag. The lot & date are 7J11BB183 Best by 07/11/2018. I have eaten a lot of theses over the years and never had any like theses. I was afraid of breaking a tooth. This is the first time I have ever experienced this with this type of candy. The center has always been chewy never hard. I wanted your company to know this as this may have been a bad batch. I think the center candy may have been cooked to too high of a temperature making it harder then usual. I would like a refund & some compensation for the quality of the candy I purchased. I was extremely disappointed.

Brach'smaple nut goodies

bought 3 bags of maple nut goodies at mierjers grocery in normal il they where all hard and crunchy they suck batch #8AO3BB183 best buy 10/03/2018 I expected to get the original and got these please change back to the fudgey center please I will no longer buy this product if it does not go back you had a great candy and ruined it I have been eating these for about 50 years thanks for listening !

3 Responses
                    • Pa
                      Pat Swank Apr 10, 2018

Appalled at the quality of Brach's 260 pc peppermints. Some not even wrapped. Some were "sticky"...like they had been in someones mouth and then bagged ? One even had pieces of another piece of candy "stuck" to it...even "inside" the wrapper. Think there is a "health issue" involved here ? Bar code... [protected] Best by 7/23/2019 Doubt that you will address this...

• Re
                      retzler Apr 05, 2018

I love Maple Nut Goodies, but the last batch I bought was hard in the middle, like the above comment posted by Daniel. Looking closer, I see that the bag says "crunchy toffee" but I was expecting the same kind as I've been eating for the last 40 years. I want to avoid crunchy candy to save my teeth and will request my money back.

• La
                      Lawrence KIMMEL Apr 04, 2018

Today, April 4th, 2018 purchased 2 bags of Brach's candies. One bag was "Bridge Mix", the other was Maple Nut Goodies, the Bridge Mix was fine. The Maple Numt Goodies was the worst tasting "stuff" in my 82 years of eating anything that I've tasted. Once the shell candy was gone, the rest was like gnawing on a board. NO flavor and hard as a rock The number above the Best By date is 7Jo2BB182 with date of July 2, 2018. These were purchased at Dollar General in

fowler, Indiana on US Highway 52 ant the store had 406 above the dood entrance. Lawrence Kimmel PO Box 324, 107 Wood Street, Mount Ayr, Indiana 47964 Ph [protected]

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I purchased a bag of the above candy a Walgreens in Raleigh, NC, they are so hard you cannot chew them' less bite into them. The Best By dais is 5/15/18.
                    This is a favorite of my husband. Throughout the years have purchased many
                    Bags, never had a problem.Numbers on bad are [protected]. Wanted to let your Company know was for your Easter. Very disappointed.
                    '

Respond

Brachs — marshmallow chicks and bunnies

I bought two bags of brachs marshmallow chicks and bunnies today at my dollar general store upc reads Fo9191...

Hello,

My favorite candy, since I have been a youngster, has been Maple Nut Goodies. Until the past year or so, I never had to worry about the freshness of the product when I bought them. That has really changed. More than a year ago, after buying a few bags and finding them so hard that I could hardly chew them, I just stopped buying them. About a month ago, while shopping in a Walgreens store in Reedsburg Wisconsin, I could not resist the temptation to buy a bag of my old time favorite candy, hoping I would be rewarded with the wonderful "fresh" treat that I so enjoyed for many years. I was very disappointed to find the maple nut goodies to be just as hard and unchewable as the last several bags I purchased more than a year ago. What has happened to this candy? I have heard similar complaints from a couple of my friends. This was a 7 oz. bag, with a "best by" date of 07/07/2018, and the code "7J05BB183". Above the bar code is your Freshness Guarantee...
                      I have most of the bag, minus the couple that I really tried to eat and enjoy. The bag has been in my truck glove box, and when I came across them this morning, I felt I had to write to you and let you know how disappointed I am with the current quality of your product. I really would like to know if this is a change you have purposely made, or what has happened.

Regards,
                      Mike Young
                      E2819 Pregal Road
                      Hillpoint, WI 53937

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I bought a bag of your Maple Nuts Goodies on Easter Sunday April 1, 2018 at Dollar General at Shellman Bluff, Georgia. They were so hard, inside and out that they were not enjoyable to eat. Having a date of until July for freshness they should have not been this hard. I have always loved the Maple Nut Goodies but these were too, too hard. It had a freshness date until July 6, 2018. You are an old and established candy company that I have always liked. Please make them as good as they have always been. I just read many, many comments like mine. Stop trying to change your candy recipe because it sure will cause people not buying your product anymore. Come on give your customers a good product as before.

Brach's — jelly beans

I do like your beans best but the quality control people were sleeping when they packed the bag I bought...

7J11BB182. Best By 07/11/2018
                          Purchased at Menards in Davison MI
                          We bought Maple Nut Goodies
                          Which have been a Favorite of mine since I was a child, The ones we purchased there are so hard we could not chew them, I know after eating them for years they are a crunchy candy but we could chew them at all, I do not know if they were over cooked, This is the first time in my life that I have ever bought Brach candy and not being eatable, my Name is Sharon Fraley [protected],
                          9415 Woodside Trl. Swartz Creek MI. 48473

maple nut goodies

Respond

Brachs — brachs.com malted milk fiesta easter eggs

My family looks forward every year to your irresistibly delicious Fiesta malted milk eggs. They were far...

Purchased at Menards Baxter Mn. Code [protected]
                            I also as the many complaints I have read have been buying Maple Nut Goodies for years..the last two times the centers are as hard as rocks
                            I love this candy but can not get it to break into pieces to chew. The flavor is still good. What has happened here? I checked my bag and there seems to be no holes. Thought maybe I had gotten an old bag. Checked expiration date.
                            'J' BB183. Best by: 07/02/2018

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I am sending another complaint to the brachs company because I have not heard from them on why the maple nut goodies are so hard!! I am so disappointed in them.. The date on bag states... Best by 06/07/2018, really... We thought we were going to break our teeth, even put one in the microwave to see if that would help I would like my money back... Please fix this problem!!

• Updated by Dana Sells vest · Mar 26, 2018

I purchased two bags of the maple nut candy at a Big Lots in Laurinburg, NC. This candy has always been a favorite of mine.. but when I opened a bag they were so hard to bite... never had this problem before.. so I opened the other and the same thing!! Can you explain what happened? The date on bags 6/07/2018

• Updated by Dana Sells vest · Mar 27, 2018

I’v Already sent two complaints!!! Would like an answer please!!

Brach'smaple nut goodies

I received a bag of maple nut goodies for my 66th birthday on 3/24/2018, was so excited to find my favorite candies, and then so disappointed, the last bag of maple nut goodies I purchased was a year a go and found they were not the same as the old ones the outer shell was not the same flavor and the texture of the inside was as hard as a rock, thinking it was just a bad batch I purchased another bag but sadly finding it was just another bag of crap! on 3/24/2018 I purchased from Walmart in Newport Or. another bag checking the expiration date (8a16aa112 B B 10/16/2018) was so disappointed to find that after a year you have not rectified your great screw up of your maple nut goodies. after receiving all the complaints, that you have, not pulling all the bags, or gone back to the old recipe, or fired the [censor] that screwed them up. was just stupid on your part, its not the $ 2.98 that they coast, but the loss of sweet child hood expectation blown to hell along with possible molars and that you ruined my birthday