Books-A-Million — beware
I was sitting in the floor in the children's section of Books-A-Million in Sevierville, TN this weekend when my daughter says "Gross...why are they licking their privates?" You can't imagine my horror when I realized she had found a Penthouse magazine on the bottom shelf of the children's section and was looking at a full page photo of a woman performing oral sex. My six year old daughter now has been exposed to pornography thanks to Books-A-Million!! It is bad enough for pornography to be sold in the same store as children's books, but to have it randomly sitting around is outrageous!! After several phone calls and e-mails I have learned that most major book stores sell "adult magazines" and this Books-A-Million store has received several complaints from parents whose children have found them in the children's books. I do not think Books-A-Million is trying to correct the problem, so be aware when you take you children to the book store.
More Books-A-Million Complaints & Reviews
- Books-A-Million - magazines
- Books A Million (Bam) - return policy nightmare
- Books A Million - return policy
- Books A Million - forcing magazines that you haven't ordered
- Books-A-Million - no holiday return policy
- Books A Million - poorly trained/rude cashier
- Books-A-Million (BAM) - elimination of refrigerated treat case.
- Books-A-Million (BAM) - worse by the day
- Books-A-Million - rude cashier
- Books-A-Million - selling dvds to store