Boats.netBad customer service

W

I ordered a part and had it shipped FedEx ground then I got an e-mail about 5 days later that still didn't show that it was shipped. So I called to ask why and the person on the phone said they just got the part and were going to ship it that day.Well I needed the part now so I told him that I wanted him to ship it 2-day express. He then added the charges for 2-day express to my bill. Well 7days later when the part still wasn't there I called to ask why and they said that it was shipped ground instead. So then I wanted to get refunded for the extra shipping charge and he said he would have to get the manager, well he just forwarded me to a phone with a recording. So I called him back and said I want to talk to someone and he said he'll get me the managers direct extension but when it rang I just got the same recording.I know this sounds trivial but I could tell from the first time I called that the guy answering was just a jerk and was doing all of this on purpose. I also don't think that he needed to get his manager to refund the shipping charges.I was sure when I changed shipping that he was going to send it ground just by the sarcasm in his voice. This is NOT a professional or customer friendly Site!

• Ro
    ronaldom Sep 01, 2018

Item ordered 20/12, not received, no answer to emails or calls, tracking info appears false, just hopeless. Claim opened via Paypal to try and get my money back.

Please avoid this scam company.

• Di
    Didier KTZ May 10, 2016

I bought from them a rectifier (55$) but it didn't work. I sent them a message to proceed to en exchange. They answered me they couldn't do anything and that THERE WAS NO WARRANTY from them and I had to see with a retailer. A real scandal !

Don't buy from them

jonfisher Jul 01, 2014

i ordered an item discovered that i needed another so.i contacted them within 5 minutes and they told me my item had already shipped i looked and it didnt have a tracking number the next day they had shipped my order i mean wtf why say its shipped if you guys havent even shipped it yet now now fishing this weekend these people suck at customer service i will never purchase from them in the future

• Sl
    Slice Sep 18, 2012

It's taken a 20 days to get a friction nut for a 2006 Honda outboard, which is not a hard engine to get parts for. The fuel filter, which you can buy at west marine, hasn't even shipped.

They are cheap but, don't be in any hurry to get on the water.

• La
    LAC_STS Aug 13, 2012

These people are screw ups. They shorted me on my order and said they would fix it then they sent me the wrong parts to fix it when it was CLEARLY stated in THEYRE email what they were going to send me. Theyre customer service is the worst I have delt with in years also.

Jay Saph Sep 17, 2011

I had told Boat.net customer service that I wanted the module that converts the CDI on my Mercury sport jet 90 to the CDM system. I ordered the part number they suggested. I recieved a spark plug wire and coil pack assembly instead of what I had needed. Their man "Carlos" agreed it was a mistake on their part, and to send back the unopened (clear plastic bag I could see into without opening it) package for a refund. They deducted 30% from my refund amount, with no explanation. I will NEVER buy there again. Jay Saph

• Ol
    OllieOctopus Jun 02, 2011

I ordered some boat parts from Boats.net and the next day I discovered two more parts that I needed. So, I ordered them and attached a note asking if the two orders could be combined to reduce shipping costs. No reply, and I went out of town for the Memorial Day weekend. When I got back - - no parts. I tried calling them but could not get through. Next was an e-mail and it was now going on 11 days since I placed the order. Going through my back e-mails, I discovered one from PayPal saying that I was refunded about $ 20.00. Then I started checking and found a small note (mispelled) on a bill showing I owed around $22.00 for, who knows what, and postage. If orders were combined, they would owe me money. I received no communications during this time, they just sat on sending my parts. I paid the last bill and a day later got an e-mail saying to look at my latest bill. Nothing new on it, I still have no parts, and it is now 13 days since I ordered them. I can not find a physicial address, the name of the president, or any other officers. I am now an ex-customer.