Boardparadise.comPossible fraud

I ordered online and the website listed the item as in stock. I didn't receive a confirmation email or order number. Had an extremely difficult time reaching them for info on my order-#[protected]-and when i did was told it was not in stock and I could not cancel even tho they had not shipped it yet, nor will they refund my money at all. They have not responded to my emails. I am afraid this is a fraudulent company.

• Be
    Beth Budick Dec 21, 2007

I am having the same problem... Two items were missing from my order and when I called to question when the other items would be arriving I was told one would be mailed out that week (last week) and the other was on back ordered, which was not indicated when I placed the order...I have not yet received my item, and attempted to call yesterday... The line was constantly busy, I tried the online chat, no success... Finally, I spoke to someone who advised that she was the only person answering the phone! She advised that my item would be sent out, I advised that I needed the item by 12/24 and was told that they would overnight "no charge", but I should confirm... I do not know if I will order from this site again...

• Ks
    K.S. Dec 22, 2007

I ordered a pair of 32 Focus boa boots from them and was sent a BROKEN boa system on one boot. I have a difficult time believing they were unaware of this problem before they sent the boots. They were difficult to get a hold of and failed to resolve the problem, I had to send the boots to th emanufacturer and are still waiting for them (2 months later). The prices seem to be low but I won't purchase from here again.

• Sr
    SR Dec 26, 2007

I ordered a snowboard from them on December 17 and they guaranteed it would arrive before Christmas. First off they couldn't give me a tracking code for some bull ### reason and they told me in would arrive a different day but it didn't. I called them again but they still couldn't give me the tracking code. Also, they customer service is horrible. I had to call them over a 100 times before I actually got through to them. One time I even had to call the corporate offices to get ahold of some one. DON'T EVER BY FROM TIGHTBOARDS OR BOARDPARADISE. THEY LIE AND HAVE HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

• Br
    brian kunzmann Dec 26, 2007

I ordered a pair of electric goggles from tightboards.com and they didint get back to me in about 1 or 2 weeks with any information tracking info etc i then find out they didint even order it cause they had none in stock! Then after going threw sooo much bull to get in contact with them on the phone i even tried out the chat room and it didint work out for me at all now they said they would order me a new pair but the model up now they say they cant ship it till after x mas wich it already is NEVER order from tightboards horrible customer service!!!

• Th
    Thomas Burdick Dec 26, 2007

I've been waiting for 20 days now for a pair of goggles I ordered. It was 3-5 days shipping and I can't get a hold of anyone. Never order from Tightboards EVER!

• Ri
    Rick R Dec 27, 2007

I wish I could buy advertising space to put out the word out to everyone to not do with business with this company and its 5 or so different websites.

Just as everyone else said, they are nearly impossible to reach by phone, and do not reply to emails.

I ordered a dvd near the beginning of December, and was charged on my credit card shortly after ordering. It's now the end of the month and it has yet to ship, even after being told twice by "customer service" associates(yes, i actually talked to a human two times out of countless attempts!) that it would ship that day.
    I will now be filing a dispute with my credit card co. to hopefully get my money back. I advise all others who are in the same situation to do the same.

Jake Dec 28, 2007

THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE! ALL THE NEGATIVE COMPLAINTS LISTED ARE INDEED 100% TRUE! I ordered 1 hat from them on 12/6 and they charged my credit card on 12/10. The website advertises that if you order by 12/17 it is guaranteed to arrive by Christmas! YEAH RIGHT! I tried the live chat crap wich you have to wait "in line" for hours for. I finally got someone online and when I expressed my feelings about their service she replied with "its being packed and shipped" and then disconnected us. I was unable to ask anymore questions! How long does it take to pack and ship 1 freakin hat? I've tried calling numerous times with no luck due to a busy tone! I spoke with someone one time and she came across as extremely helpful but I guess she fed me some bullcrap. She said that she had no idea why my item hasn't shipped and that she would personally ship it that day and include some free stickers for me. Imagine that? Nothing was sent, no emails with tracking info, no responses to my emails to them! Nothing! They suck! You have been warned! Luckily, I disputed this with my credit card and was easily credited! I suggest that all report them to the better business bureau! BBB.org

Also, be aware that these sites are through boardparadise.com
    There are like five or six different websites all affiliated with each other. The part that really sucks is that they seem to have tons and tons of products! I thought I found my new favorite site! I thought wrong!

• Ty
    Ty Dec 29, 2007

Do not ever shop here!! It has been 3 months and I still do not have my board pants and goggles!! I cant get ahold of anybody, they charged my credit card TWICE and when I did get ahold of the girl she said they could not refund my money but would give me a store credit. I dont want a store credit, dont charge my credit card for ### I didnt buy!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHH. So I am calling my credit card company and claiming fraud, tightboards is a total joke.

• Bl
    Blake and Heather Jan 02, 2008

This place is a joke. My girlfriend and I have been ordering tons of stuff from tightboards since September and have had problems with every single item. I ordered a simple sticker from them in September and still havent recieved it here in January. I keep emailing them about it and they send me the same automated email back every single time saying that it will ship in 24-48 hours and it wont let me reply to it. Not that im upset about losing 4 dollars, just because its ridiculous that its taking them that long to send a sticker, which I know im not going to recieve now.

I didnt get half the stuff my girlfriend ordered for me for Christmas either. The same thing happened back in September where we ordered a large quantity of items and only recieved half of them even though they sent us an email confirming all items were shipped. Then once we FINALLY get ahold of these clowns, they say "oh yeah we are sorry, that stuff is all on back order" and send the same automated email saying how it will ship in 24-48 hours. Still havent got the stuff. When we ordered the Christmas stuff way back in November, only a few of the items arrived on November 30th. They said it was all shipped and delivered then, but we are still missing 4 items. We have been trying to call them for the past few days straight and its a busy signal every time. The one time I did get through, I go through the automated thing and it says to press zero to speak to an operator. Every time I do that, it just takes me back to the main menu.

Im tired of the same "Its packaged and being shipped" ### response.

This website is far good to be true. The customer service and everything else about this place is a flat out scam. We just dont know what to do now because we want the hundreds of dollars we spend refunded but its IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of anyone there and its not even worth it to email them anymore.

I cant wait to see this company get caught for fraud because its very apparent that alot of other people feel the same way. Ive NEVER had so much damn trouble with a company in my life!!! I also think its pretty sad when you go to Google and type in Tightboards, the second site that comes up is this complaint site.

• Br
    Brian Jan 03, 2008

I agree with everyone else.. never order from this site. If only I did a quick google of tightboards before I made my purchase on 12/17, with expedited shipping for snowboard bindings that were a Christmas gift. I got a confirmation, but shipping info, so sent an e-mail, with no reply. I called the first time and actually got in touch with someone who said, "it has been shipped, but we don't have tracking info at this time, it will be e-mailed to you." Of course, still nothing. I eventually called American Express to dispute the charge, and to this day, 1/3, still have not received anything in the mail nor have I been able to contact their customer support. Useless company that I don't understand how they can possibly be authorized retailers for so many companies. Be leery if ordering from them and definately only do so with credit card, that way you can always refute the charge.

• Jd
    J D Lenzi Jan 07, 2008

To all that have complaint you are 100% RIGHT in my opinion about TIGHTBOARDS. Over the years buying on the net this is truly the most "dare I say [censored]ED UP exper1ence" I have ever had with any internet company.

Our order was placed 12/12/07 in time to be shipped for X-mas according to there sight. I started calling on the 17th, but could not reach any one till the 19th. I reached a young sounding lady that tried looking up my order by the order number that was on my email receipt. At first she was having trouble finding it, she then said she found it and said it was out of stock , but that they
    would have it the 21st, and we would have it by the 28th, and then she hung up.

Well, as like many of you the 28th came and went and as of this date 1/4/08 still no order. In fact I have not been able to contact
    them by phone (43 times) or email (21 attempts) . Just seems like they fell off the face of the earth.

We did contact are credit card company and they are crediting
    the amount back to our account.

I hope we all never have to deal with a company like this again.

• Em
    emrah dorterler Jan 07, 2008

Same here... i ordered flow boots... they have charged for the boots but i DONT even see anything ship yet. I cannot believe i fell on their trap. And they just dissappeared, no online help nothing...

Is there anyone lives near them so he can go and check it out WTF is going on around there..?

And worst thing is i cannot get my money back from the bank... because Tightboards must refund it back... since there is no Tightboards ...

DO NOT BUY FROM THERE.. DO NOT GO THERE..

DO SPREAD THE WORD about THEM in forums... and SAVE YOUR NET FRIEND...

Gareth Evans Jan 07, 2008

Hey, ordered a board from this company for my son for xmas as it is not stocked in the UK but guess what, nothing arrived and impossible to contact. To all International and US people ignore this company and all it's sites.

Might catch a plane and bring some English complaints in their face!!!

mark fletcher Jan 07, 2008

I'm from australia and had one kinda bad experience with these guys around 6 months ago where I purchased some t-shirts online, a couple of them weren't in stock but they got back to me, aplogised and said I could either have a refund or choose another shirt, so I chose another one and they arrived quite promptly and everything was ok.

however, I placed an order early december and my CC has been charged, however, after attempting to contact them many many times since that date and like everyone else on here who has complained, have not heard a thing, nothing! I was about to try calling them then I came across this complaint board!

ANYONE WHO LIVES NEAR THESE GUYS PLEASE TELL US WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS PLACE!!

Sarah Jan 08, 2008

Want your items quicker - here's a way to get their attention: I had the same problem, took months to get my order. I then did a little research and found their corporate office phone number. I called and spoke with their CEO, in which case he just transferred me to Laura their inventory control person (extention 29), however my order was shipped the same day! Their corporate office number is: [protected], CEO Josh extension #14. Good Luck!

• Lo
    Lou Lively-Singh Jan 08, 2008

I think we should take leagal action against this company. I've had exactly the same issues that everyone else is listing here. No reponse, Item supposedly backordered but would ship on 12/10, no communication, can't get through to them. I've also tried calling the CEO, Josh and as you can expect, got his answering machine. Left my phone number. No repsonse as yet.

• Ni
    nim Jan 10, 2008

I made exactly the same mistake.. If I'd googled them before placing the order I'd save myself a lot of hassle. I've just been trying to reach them on the phone and it is just as you list above - either busy line or operator ###. I even tried to call Josh but the answering machine stood on my way. Have sent a lot of e-mails - no results either. I am kind of desperate as I need my gear shipped immediately and I am in a much worse position as I am based in Poland. I was lured with the attractive website and a good range of products.. stay away from tightboards!

• Na
    Natalie Munoz Jan 12, 2008

I wish I had googled the company, too! I ordered on 12/11 with plenty of time to get the gifts by Xmas. There was no way to get a hold of anyone at the company. I called, emailed and tried contacting them through their websited. My husband ended up with no gift. No one ever got back with me. Finally, I received the items just last week. I guess I should count myself lucky.

Never again will I shop through them or any of their other sites!!!!!!

• Am
    Amanda Isleib Jan 12, 2008

My son tried to order a snow jacket, pants and goggles, at the end of the order it said running error, your order was not processed. This was part of his Christmas present. On Christmas day, I did the same thing & I said to him, try one more time. We got the same error. He tried to order one more time for a total of 4 times....still running error, your order was not processed. I called my Dicover card in January to check my balance to find, Tightboard charged my card 4 times and I never received anything. I can not get anyone on the phone. I try to contact them on the live chat & no one is ever there. I have emailed them and no one is calling me or emailing me back. I am very upset and frustrated. I now have $2,100.00 on my charge card and didn't receive anything. I hope someone helps me and refunds all my money back to my charge card!! I am telling everyone one know....DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS WEB SITE!!!!! I just hope one day someone from this company helps me.

Marshall McKinney Jan 12, 2008

Should have googled this place. They were the cheapest on the board. Started calling to get a tracking number and got a bad feeling about the not answering the customer service phone. The twice I talked to someone I was told that it would ship that day. Called my credit card company today and it was charge the day I placed the order online. Thats a red flag when it comes to places. Come monday I'm going to do my best to get a hold of these people to cancel my order and order from someone else even if it is more expensive.

• Mo
    Mon H Jan 14, 2008

This is not a legit business... whoever is running boardparadise is in it to swindle people. I can't believe that with all these complaints they have not been shut down or no legal action has been taken agaisnt them.

I ordered a hoody in october, my credit card was charged the same day i ordered it. the hoody was on backorder. 2 months later i go on the website to see if the hoody is stil on backorder, and i am shocked to see that it is 'out of stock'. I realize that i probably wont get a refund so i try to contact them to use the 64.99 i was carged to go towards something else on the site, but to no avail. This company does not have any customer service. I bet that 90% of the products they have on their sites, they don't actually have and that they are just advertising them to get people to "buy" the products, without actually delivering anything. Not only is this fraud, but THIS IS ROBBERY-LITERALLY! This "company" needs to be shut down.. I think everyone who has had a problem should get together and start a class action suit against them, so we all can at least get our money back.

• Ke
    kevin g Jan 14, 2008

Dude... i just ordered from them and things didnt feel right so i googled them and this came up... so im thinking that it will be a miracle if i get my fricken package on time...if ever. I upgraded the shipping in hopes of getting it for a certain date when im going boarding... looks like im outta luck.

• Lo
    Lou Lively-Singh Jan 14, 2008

All, I posted my original complaint 6 days ago. As I said I did call the CEO of the company, Josh, just got the answering machine. He has not responded. I also emailed him. His email address is: [protected]@boardparidise.com

I think the only one is paridise here is Josh! I did do one other thing that all of you should think about. I went to the Greensboro Better Business Bureau's web site, which is as follows:

[protected]@greensboro.bbb.org

If you go there, they have an on-line form for you to fill in and there is lot's of room to write about your experience. Also I've kept copies of all of my emails to the company as well as the BBB. In this case the BBB contacted me right away. They informed me that they've contacted boardparidise with my exact complaint and have given them until 1/28 to respond. They also gave me a link to go to so that I can monitor their progress with the company. Hopefully this will be the ignition to get this obviously fraudulant company off the web but not off the legal radar. I also contacted my credit card co. and they are taking the charge off of my account. So in my complaint to the BBB they did ask how I wanted the complaint to be handled and I said that I wanted boardparidise to refund my Credit card co. WHY SHOULD my credit card co. have to pay the price. Anyway here is the information for the BBB

Better Business Bureau of Central North Carolina
    3608 W. Friendly Ave
    Greensboro, NC 27410
    [protected]
    web: http://www.greensboro.bbb.org

If EVERYONE does this I think the BBB will be in a position to do something of a leagal nature.

Good luck one and all.

Chris Dombeck Jan 22, 2008

I did the same as most of you, Ordered Flow bindings on 1-17-08. Then googled tightboards.com to go back to the site and found this. Worried indeed I was, so I read one complaint about contacting the BBB via internet. I searched the business by phone # and found more phone numbers one of which gives you the employee directory. I spoke with rachel and she told me everything would be fine. (she did ask where I got that phone # and I said the BBB website) The next day I got an email for the shipping charge (this means the item was picked up) then went to tightboards web site, went to track order on left side of main page, entered order number and email and got a tracking number. On 1-21-08 I got exactly what I ordered on time. I feel really bad for you who did not get what you ordered. I will tell you this, as soon I found out that I may have been screwed over I contacted Flow (Flow as well as other major companies has tightboards listed as an online dealer) via email and explained what happened and about this website. Eventhough they did not say it they made me feel like if I did not get what I ordered that they would take care of me! Props to Flow, as I told them I will be buying a Flow board and boots soon, not sure if it will be tightboards or not. I will look back here befor I order anything. If you have been dicked contact the company of the product you tried to purchase. Let them know, it will only help everyone!

• Si
    Sibe Jan Jan 25, 2008

Ordered a jacket ( i was already surprised by its price) - but that didn't trigger me to google first... Only after completing the order, i started thinking like: hey, how are people experiences with this shop... After reading nothing but misery, i immediately called my Credit Card company (ICS): $225 is already taken from my creditcard...
    Let's see if they will ship in 3 to 5 days, if they haven't shipped anything within two weeks, my creditcardcompany will put $225 back on my account, fortunately they offer this possibility!

• Sh
    Shaun Jones Jan 29, 2008

INTERNATIONAL BUYERS BEWARE. This company is refusing to give me a refund even though I clearly emailed then within 24 hours. Pure and simple theft..lawyers on the case..

Gabriel Covert Feb 14, 2008

Yeah so I'm dealing with all this right now to. Phone calls everyday, emails everyday - no response. I ordered a pair of pants/gloves early Dec. I got the pants on time, and an email saying the gloves would ship 3-4 days later. 2 weeks later I kept calling and calling finally got someone Jan 7 on the phone, she said they'd refund my money within 30 days. Still no refund, can't get through. I say we all get together and file a complaint with the attorney general in NC. You can email me at [protected]@aol.com if you're interested.

Marshall McKinney Feb 14, 2008

I posted a month ago above that I was having a hard time. I called the numbers and talked to someone in the corp office and bugged her several times a day until they told me that the board was out of stock. I insisted a refund and was told I was going to get it. The next day i get a call by some lady that tells me they are going to start the refund process and that would take 2-4 weeks. I got pretty irate and she talked to her manager and said an immediate refund was coming. Sure enough it came through. Hope everyone gets there money back and puts these guys out of business. Hang in there.

• Na
    Nathan Libbey Feb 18, 2008

I bought something from them on ebay, where they go by the name "boardsportsplus". They sent me the wrong item entirely, then expected me to pay for their mistake. Aweful.

Also check out their BBB report if you want to see something scary.

• Ka
    Katerina Linos Feb 19, 2008

I too ordered several items, received one of them only, and had a terrible time handling this through customer service. THIS IS FRAUD!

Chris Feb 28, 2008

My wife just ordered from this company and we are currently experienceing the same issues. The site said there was one board bag in stock so we went ahead and placed the order. And we received a confirmation #. But 2 days later there was still no indication of the order having been shipped even though the money was taken from our account. After repeated attempts and finally getting to talk to someone we were told that it was out of stock and that we had to take a "store credit" instead of a total refund. We're still trying to contact them to continue the fight for the money. Do not under any circumstances do business with this company.

• Ph
    phil fitzsimmons Feb 28, 2008

The same thing happened to me with tightboards. Most retailers will not charge your card until the product ships. I had read bad things about them so I called them and they told me they had the board in inventory, they were lying. Once the 48 hours passed for my credit card to clear they called me with a telemarketing script saying the manufacturer failed to have more product! What is that. They told me three times over the phone they had the board in North Carolina in their warehouse. Then they wanted to not refund me for 30 days after which they claimed to not know about my order and tried to make me take store credit. Do what I did, call Susan at the north Carolina Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Protection [protected] she is very nice. Or go on line to http://www.ncdoj.com/DocumentStreamerClient?directory=Forms/&file=stancom.pdf and fill out the very simple complaint form in writing and mail it in. They need more of these written forms sent in, alot of people have compalined to them about Tightboards.

• Ph
    phil fitzsimmons Feb 28, 2008

PLEASE Everyone TAKE ACTION.
    Call Susan at the North Carolina Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Protection [protected] she is very nice. Or better yet go on line to http://www.ncdoj.com/DocumentStreamerClient?directory=Forms/&file=stancom.pdf and fill out the very simple complaint form in writing and mail it in. They need more of these written forms sent in, alot of people have compalined to them about Tightboards. But they need more completed complaint forms sent in before they can take action.

Gabriel Covert Feb 29, 2008

So I have previously posted and I finally got my refund, it was simple. All I had to do was fill out forms for the Federal Trade Comission and Better Business Bureau. Then I mailed the links to Josh and Amanda at tightboards ([protected]@boardparadise.com and [protected]@boardparadise.com) telling them about my complaints, then I mailed them again and again. I finally got a response saying I'd be refunded, no apology (also got an email from the BBB saying the matter had been settled). I refused to agree to say the matter was settled till I had the money in my account since I had been lied to before saying it'd be refunded. So after a few more days I finally got the 59.99. The people at tightboards DID apologize for implementing their new phone system and blame that to which i responded "Your new phone system made it so that you couldn't call or return emails, or listen to voice messages, or respond in live chat over the last 2 months?" Everyone who reads this and is having a problem has to file a complaint with the Attorney General (the info is posted above) even if they get their refund. Because for everyone that does get a refund I'm guessing a lot more just give up. I've filed with the Attorney General and I hope these guys get charged with fraud. Good luck everyone, feel free to email me if you need links/advice/help or anything.

• Jh
    J. Hollinger Feb 29, 2008

This company is a joke. I ordered a watch and it came, but then I discovered my credit card was charged twice. We can't get a hold of anyone and are still trying to get the charge removed from our credit card. DO NOT SHOP AT BAOARD PARADISE. They are a fraudulent company and you will get screwed.

Chris Mar 03, 2008

An update to my submission from the other day. In one of the last conversations that my wife had with the fine people at Boardparadise she told them that she was going to file a complaint with the Better Business Burea I'm guessing in their area. She ended up doing just that and afterwards happened to check her email only to find a notice that the company was in fact going to refund our money! I can only figure that the threat of the filing is what prompted them to do it because it couldn't have worked that quickly. But 2 days later our account had been credited. And, there is a complaint on file at the BBB. Try that if you're having these problems.

• Ke
    Ken Mar 04, 2008

Wow, I thought I was the only one scammed by this outfit. Just spotted this complaint site today ( March 3/08) by accident and it seems as if a lot the comments are discribing my dealings with this poor excuse for a business. I ordered two hoodys on Nov 17, intending them to be Christmas gifts. Waited forever for a tracking code, called numerous times and was put on a merry-go-round everytime I phoned them. I finally recieved one item Dec 29, but was not what I ordered. Finally did talk to someone on Jan 17, but she was very rude. She finally agreed to refund my money, less the wrong item I recieved, but said it would be thirty days. Still waiting,but not holding out much hope. Totally unprofessional and without integrity. Cost me $80.00 for that lesson...

Gabriel Covert Mar 09, 2008

Susan at North Carolina Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Protection [protected] she is very nice. Or go on line to http://www.ncdoj.com/DocumentStreamerClient?directory=Forms/&file=stancom.pdf and fill out the very simple complaint form in writing and mail it in. They need more of these written forms sent in, alot of people have compalined to them about Tightboards. Also file with:

Better Business Bureau of Central North Carolina
    3608 W. Friendly Ave
    Greensboro, NC 27410
    [protected]
    web: http://www.greensboro.bbb.org

Also file with the FTC because they help protect against consumer fraud and you can read the rules that are supposed to be involved in online shopping and buying.

• Si
    Sibe Jan Mar 12, 2008

Like i mentioned earlier, i ordered a jacket the 26th of january.
    And, surprisingly and luckily, it arrived three weeks later (just one day before i really needed it for holidays)

Although it should have arrived in 3 to 5 working days, shipping took longer due international creditcard-information-exchange (or whatever) and both customs (usa and the netherlands) kept it for some days... so i can't blame boardsparadise too much.

Emailing these guys actually wasn't very good - they kept replying with some standardised answers..

• Tr
    Trent Apr 01, 2008

THIS IS ALL TRUE!

TIGHTBOARDS.COM is HORRIBLE! I ordered a jacked, that they said was in stock, then NEVER revieved it!

The worst part is, when we called, they WOULD NOT give us a refund! They would only give us store credit!

The staff was also COMPLETELY RUDE!

One word of advice to EVERYONE, NEVER NEVER EVER, ORDER FROM TIGHTBOARDS.com!!!