Boardparadise.comPossible fraud

I ordered online and the website listed the item as in stock. I didn't receive a confirmation email or order number. Had an extremely difficult time reaching them for info on my order-#[protected]-and when i did was told it was not in stock and I could not cancel even tho they had not shipped it yet, nor will they refund my money at all. They have not responded to my emails. I am afraid this is a fraudulent company.

Jon Albert Nov 13, 2009

ATTENTION READERS! The former owner of BP is back in business somehow, not only is he operating “BPRIDESHOP.COM” but he also is running a site called AXISRIDESHOP.COM, spread the word, its the SAME ### scam he’s been running for years. its called bait and switch…….he sells you ### he doesn’t have, has his so called customer service reps talk you into something different. oh yea, and then he doesn’t pay the vendors that make the industry what it is and screws the local sales reps out of their commissions. support people who pay bills, don’t shop at either of these sites and spread the word.

• Mi
    mimid123 Oct 21, 2009

Tightboards is no longer associated with Boardparadise and is one of Boardparadise's creditors.

• Lu
    lumi Oct 08, 2009

I don't know what to say...if i read this before i made my orders, i definitely wouldn't order from this store but i haven't so i ordered. a lot. and must say that i have only positive experiences from them. perhaps that's because i live in europe and they treat international orders differently...i don't know...but i recieved everything i ordered in 5-10 day, very cheap shipping costs and really great prices. i'm satisfied with them and with their customer support...

• Ll
    llawrence Sep 25, 2009

they are a horrible company and i have 100 dollars worth of store credit with them

• Ta
    tay-tay Sep 25, 2009

they are a fantastic company i have gotten all of my orders on time nd they have been exactly wat i ordered

Pam V Sep 14, 2009

BOARDPARADISE/TIGHTBOARDS has gone into Chapter 7 Bankruptcy finally. Forced by creditors and the companies product it carried. I have never personally had a problem with them (thankfully), but I'm positive this is a good thing.

mathieu Sep 01, 2009

wow, that is crazy! at least i know i will never reveive my boards!

• Wi
    Will Not Be Missed Aug 27, 2009

Go Figure...

• Ri
    RideForum Aug 27, 2009

I wish I read this before, the site seemed so legit. I ordered my girlfriend a board for her birthday, she had her eye on two, the first one i ordered was not in stock. They issued me a store credit (which i see is a problem for a lot of you as well). Luckily they had the other board she was looking for, and I got it, along with the gloves and vest I ordered. I was excited. Decided the prices were good enough to go ahead and get myself another board. Order it, put a typo in my email, used a comma instead of a period. I couldn't track anything, didn't get a receipt called them letting them know, left a message cuz i couldn't get through to anyone, and they never called back nor fixed my problem. My package shows up, in a small square box, open, and it looked like a semi spent a full day running over it, and UPS had a huge sticker on it, claiming it was opened and destroyed when they recieved it for shipping. To top all that off, I ordered a snowboard, payed for a snowboard and was charged for a snowboard. I recieved womens bindings, way to large to even take my losses and let my girlfriend use them. I have called 78 times ( I checked my phone) since monday when i recieved the box, it is now thursday. I have left countless messages, and emails. I have a feeling there really is no customer service representative helping anyone. I think its a scam. I even called their retail store number and it took me to a machine, that was full, so i couldn't leave a message. If anyone can get through to them please tell me how. I was so stoked when my girlfriend got her stuff without to much hassle, and then I got totally screwed. I knew it was too good to be true. Don't deal with boardparadise.com They need to be shut down. I'm going to dispute the charges if i can't get ahold of anyone by tomorrow. This is absolutely the worst customer service I have ever recieved in my life. I would fly down to north carolina and take my board from them personally, but from Lake Tahoe, its 562 bucks round trip.

• Ji
    Jimgirl Aug 27, 2009

Can someone post any and all phone number used to try and resolve this situation! My daughter bought 8 items and received one - yet her credit card was charge completely. She is so distraught. She thought she made such a great find and then only found out she was cheated.

• Br
    Breezeway431 Aug 18, 2009

Wow, I wish I had read these complaints before ordering from Boardparadise. I ordered van shoes that the website said were in stock and my credit card was charged immediately. When I contacted them via email, I got a reply that said I would receive a refund in 15-30 days. Two months later...nothing. They don't answer the phone, they don't respond to email except with an automated message. They are thiefs that take money and don't fulfill the orders.

I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. These people are unscrupulous.

• Da
    dave ddd Aug 17, 2009

can't get a hold of anyone on the phone. dispute the charge w/ cc seem the only way.

matoo Aug 05, 2009

Hey! I've just had the same problem! I sould have read that before...but anyways, i did called them a thousand time over the past 5 days and finally got what i wanted! I took me probably 50 calls, haha, mmmm wait i lied, i did not got exactly what i wanted but still. It feels like that they are a bit confused with what they have between all they store and the inventory on their website.

Anyway try to talk to Becky, she has been really helpfull :)

it is probably the last time i order something from them thought ..

''how you see thing determines how you live amoung them''

• Bo
    boardparadiseblows Jul 27, 2009

My story is the same as everyone elses. Order product - receive an email saying product not in stock and forced to take a store credit rather than a refund. Cannot get a hold of anyone and no one responds to emails or phone calls. This is illegal and is a bait and switch.

WHAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO IS CALL THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE OF NORTH CAROLINA!!!

I just did and they took my complaint. Apparently only nine other people have taken it to this level. But everyone needs to start doing it.

I was told that since they have been resolving each of the complaints with refunds, the DOJ doesn't think nine complaints is that much so they have been leaving boardparadise alone. I asked why the DOJ doesn't get them to fix the cause of the "problem" (ie. their illegal policy of the store credit bait and switch) rather than the "symptoms" (ie. taking care of each complaint at once and resolving the refund).

Look folks, board paradise doesn't care because obviously this policy is good for their bottom line because very few people take the time to escalate the problem where they will get in trouble.

Everyone needs to call the Department of Justice Consumer Protection line and complain that it is NOT enough to just get each problem resolved individually (which is a small percentage of the problems since most people don't take it to that level), but rather they need to force Boardparadise to change their illegal "store credit" policy for things that are not in stock.

CALL THE DOJ of Norch Carolina and ask why they keep ignoring the fact that Board Paradise operates under a completely illegal store credit p0licy for items not in stock!

Phone number: [protected]

meinla Apr 24, 2009

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
    But if you already have and have paid by credit card, don't believe anything you hear from them about crediting your account. They will lie and lie.

CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY RIGHT NOW and 'dispute' the charge. It will take a few months because Tightbds/bdparadise does not respond to disputes and your card company has to wait the full time until they can reward you the dispute but you will get your money back through your cc company.
    ASK your cc company to make a complaint through their Merchant Services on this company.

If you paid by some other method contact the BBB there and file a claim

• Pb
    pballbeast Apr 15, 2009

I have not received a refund and keep fighting with them. I think that there scheme is to sell a bunch of items and then say "oh it is out of stock want something else?" When you order something they have you might get it but until then they keep your money. They even offered me double the money in credit to keep my money. They are a sham and need to be shut down. Is there anyway that we can take this to the government?

merv Mar 11, 2009

It takes over a month, about 6 weeks. have fun

• Tm
    TMT Feb 13, 2009

159 Rome Anthem delivered in time to ride on upcoming weekend. I'm guessing since my response is 400 days past previous complaints, customer service has improved. Would buy again from tightboards. A++

Merv Feb 01, 2009

I would just like to get my two cents in about the worst treatment I have ever received from a website called tightboards.com/boardparadise.com.

I found an item I wanted and ordered it on a weekday, my credit card was charged IMMEDIATLY.
    ONE WEEK later I receive an email stating that store credit was issued with no explanation why. After that I was upset because I was expecting my item shortly, and now I find out I’m not getting it and the refund won’t be made until I contact them. I responded with 1 voice message, and 2 emails stating I wanted a refund, also after multiple phone calls and hours waiting I finally contacted customer service and told them I wanted a refund also. I needed my item that weekend as there shipping promised, I was upset.

Now it gets worse...

The next day I receive an email confirming the ‘beginning of processing’ for my refund, and then another, and then another, and then another, and then, ...well you can see where this is going.

Two weeks later still no refund on my credit card, and I have received, as of right now today, 45+ ‘confirmation emails’ for my refund and counting (about 1 every 2 hrs or so), an obvious F-you from the customer service/company. Real professional tightboards.com, real professional, that’s about the maturity I expect from a pre-school child.

Now I’m not even mad anymore, I ordered my item off dogfunk.com as I have before and the next day I had a tracking number already, so much less headache and reliable stock.
    It seems there are plenty of anti-tightboards.com/boardparadise.com comments on the internet already. Most seem to complain about the poor Inventory situation. I decided to add mine because of the childish attitude after a common situation for them from what I see/read. This wasn’t meant as an attack against the company, well maybe a little, but mainly as a warning to anyone else thinking of using their service...yeah...service.
    Anyways 2 plus weeks and still no refund, and just counting the emails. It would be nice to have some rights as a consumer. But I guess if my refund ever does come through I could always block their address, or maybe report them as spammers.

My question is has anyone actually recieved a refund? and how long does it ACTUALLY take?

They will take your money, no problem, good luck getting anything else but BS. Good luck to those who deal with the devil, you were warned.

• Gu
    guy Jan 29, 2009

I purchased an item from this company and was sent an e-mail saying the item was not in stock and I was issued store credit. I can't believe the company has the nerve to charge a credit card or even let the sale go through on their web site when they don't have stock. Nobody even called to tell me the item was out of stock. It took multiple tries before I actually reached someone on the phone. The lady said the credit would be issued in 3-5 business days and that I would not see a credit on my statement for about 30 days. After nine business days I called back and the lady was very rude and was raising her voice as me. She said legally they do not have to issue me a credit for 30 days. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO SPREAD THE WORD.

• Uk
    UKSHOPPER Jan 23, 2009

To every body who has been overcharged or lost money.

Complain to your card issuer. If enough compaints are noted this company can lose it's merchant account that enables them to take card payments.

You can complain to Mastercard here:

Visa don't seem to have a direct contact but this is from their site:

Q: Does Visa offer me any protection if I am unhappy with a transaction?
    A: There is no safer way to pay than with a Visa card. If you are an innocent victim of fraud, do not receive goods or services you have ordered, if the goods are lost or if you received the wrong goods, you can get your money back (subject to your bank’s terms and conditions).

To start the process you need to contact your issuing bank and explain what happened. This facility applies to all cards issued by Visa but not to all non-Visa cards.

If your bank representative is not familiar with the scheme you need to tell them you are asking them to pursue a ‘chargeback’ through the Visa system.

Good luck to all of you!

• Jy
    jyl Jan 20, 2009

All the complaints are true. I ordered bindings from boardparadise.com on 12/26/08 and still don't have them till this day (1/20/09).

I have been pretty successful in reaching them by telephone, here's my tip.
    Use this number: 336.299.6444

Don't listen to the automated message, press 2 right away. This will dial to their customer service reps, and most likely you'll get an automated message that tells you all the reps are busy, and it'll put you in line and tell you your queue position. When you wait in line for a few minutes it'll tell you to leave a message. Don't leave a message, just hang up and redial the number and repeat the process over and over until you get into queue position 1 and get answered.

I reached them today and asked about my shipment, they claimed that they'll have a shipping confirmation for me by tomorrow. I'm almost sure they just fed me some more BS and i'll have to call back soon to complain some more. Sigh.

Lesson learned: do some research before ordering from a sketchy company.

Good luck to all the victims of their poor business practices, keep bothering them on the phone. Emails won't do jack squat.

• Sn
    Snowboard Justice Jan 19, 2009

LIGHTS ON BUT NOBODY'S HOME!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!
    I am a victim of this dubious company and did not see the negative reviews until it was too late. The company I write about is, CrossRoad Sports DBA(Doing Business As) tightboards.com and boardparadise.com. I made a purchase on January 7, 2009 and received virtually everything with the exception of one small item. One of the items I ordered stated that it was in stock and was ready to ship within 24hrs even though it was not. I found other deals on their website yesterday, Sunday, January 18, 2009 and decided to go ahead and make another purchase, pick a different item that wasn't shipped to me and have them include it in my new order to save them shipping costs; what a grave mistake!

After I made a second purchase with this company I began to see blogs and negative reviews of this terrible company. Instantly I thought, what have I done now? I called them this morning Monday, January 19, 2009 to have tightboards add the item that was not in stock to my credit card, they have not sent me a conformation letter yet and probably never will. I tried to call back later and cancel my recent order only to get a recording. I also sent their customer service manager a letter of complaint as well as sending the same letter to the Greensboro, NC Better Business Bureau. I have been doing heavy research on this company and and found many of the owners' names and extensions, (which I will provide later), calling them many times as I tried entering every extension I was given by there company hence my title, THE LIGHT IS ON BUT NO BODY IS HOME.

In short, I felt it was time to vent my frustration and help the next potential boardparadise/tightboard buyer of making a huge mistake. I can tell you this, I will never do business with this company again and will go out of my way to inform all of my skater and snowboard friends not to even think about buying from them as well as starting an anti boardparadise/tightboard groups on the web to inform others of their less than ethical ways.

Below is information you may use in an attempt to fight them for your money

CrossRoad Sports, Inc. AKA "Tightboards and Boardparadise"
    4361 Suite 170 Federal Drive

Additional info:
    Greensboro Better Business Bureau of Central North Carolina
    Ph: [protected]
    email: [email protected]

BBB's rating and info of this company: LOOK AT THE WEBSITES BELOW TO GET MORE INFO ABOUT THIS COMPANY

Company profile info:

• Sk
    sk8ernater19 Jan 13, 2009

Thank you to all the people who posted links and phone numbers to help try to deal with this company. I shop online frequently and I have never had problems like this. I ordered bindings from BoardParadise.com on 12/30/2008. When I check my order status they still have not shipped. The company sends automated responses when I sent emails to their help desk, and ignored my direct emails to management. Every time I call they are busy. After waiting on hold I always get sent to their voicemail before I can get through to a person. They haven't responded to my voicemails either.

I you don't believe anyone on here, like myself, that is telling you this company sucks and will take your money, then visit the Better Business Bureau website (http://greensboro.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=54&bbb=0503&firm=4007975) or call them at [protected] and press 0* to speak to a person. As of the day I posted this they had 129 formal complaints, some of which were never resolved. That's just people who felt compelled to go through all that trouble. Imagine how many people had this problem and just gave up.

I strongly advise to NEVER buy anything from BoardParadise.com or any of its affiliate companies. Don't be fooled by their lower prices. They use discounts to lure you in, tell you they are out of stock, and try to give you in-store credit or the run around until you become disenchanted with the whole process and let them take your money!!!

I love Dogfunk.com, Moosejaw.com, CCS.com, Zappos.com and Ebay for all my gear. These companies are reputable, cheap and fast. I hope someone reads these complaints before they order and not after.

paul Nov 22, 2008

I ordered a neversummer snowboard from them Nov11, 2008 and when i tried to track my order# it states has not yet been shipped. My credit card has been fully charged and like everyone else complains about cust.service, they're better off having monkeys employed there. Boy! if i new they were so mentally and physically incapable of answering a simple question about my order i would have went elsewhere. Calling my credit card co. and insisting they take this charge and any future charges off from these dirtbags. Also contacting N.Carolina Attn.Generals Office of Consumer Protection. [protected]

paul Nov 22, 2008

I ordered a snowboard from their website on Nov 11, 2008 and received a conf. email and order#. Have been checking order status ever since and it states "has not yet been shipped". Tried calling and emailing their joke of a customer service dept and no one will respond. My credit card has been fully charged the amount and im pulling my hair out.

Jason Nov 21, 2008

yeah..so i checked out the BBB website, and checkout out this BBB rating on this company as a whole:

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to failure to respond to one or more complaints and or two or more otherwise unresolved complaints.

i know all of you know this already, but this is the official description listed by the BBB. i wrote them an email telling them how i suspected fraud, and they supposedly shipped my item out. They gave me a tracking number and everything and it says it's arrived at my local post office through the official USPS website. But you know..i'm guessing they probably sent a crappier version of my item, or maybe it might be the real thing, since there were rare cases where people actually got their items.

But beware of this website people.. from this, i'm definitely checking the BBB rating on every unknown website i purchase from..

Mary Ann Kolar Nov 20, 2008

11/18/08 - I am SO frustrated with this company - I ordered a pair of snowboard pants for my son $165.00 on 8/19/08 - I still do not have them - I have an order number. I can not get through to them by phon and they have not responded to e-mail. I have left messages and e-mailed and I have yet to hear from anyone - I feel I've been ripped off

• Yu
    Yup Nov 19, 2008

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! I orered two snowboards on Nov 6th o8 and I have yet to recieve them! It has been 13 days No shipping confirmation, no tracking number and UPS says it will get to me on the 21st makeing a total ship time of 16 days. After reading this page Im unsure if they will come at all and be in new condition. No one to get ahold of at any numbers or e-mail. WORST COMPANY IVE EVER DEALT WITH. Plus I was lied to and told that they where shipped on the 12th. UPS did not even recieve shipping info untill the 17th! NEVER BUY FROM THEM!

Phil Nov 17, 2008

Still no refund. Very disappointing! I am so irritated on how they are so quick to charge you but so slow to give your money back. I will try calling they're irritating customer service again.

Phil Nov 12, 2008

This website is horrible! I placaed an order a month ago and still never recieved anything. One item said it was instock, after the order was placed it said it was on back-order. My second item said it was in stock and it would ship within 48 hours. A month later... nothing. I called customer service. They took FOREVER to pick up the phone. When someone did she sounded so lazy! I gave her my order number. She knew my name from it no problem. When I told her I wanted a refund because it has never been shipped yet she told me to hold on again to look for my order. WHAT THE ###?! I know she has the information right there in front of her. It doesn't need 1 hour to look for my order. She then tells me I would get a FULL REFUND including the price i paid for shipping. She told me it would take another 48 hours or so and that I would recieve an email when they do so. I don't believe them. I'll post after two days to see if I get that so called refund. The website is full of ###. I knew something was wrong when they charged my credit card right after I placed my order. Every LEGIT website charges when they SHIP the item already. Don't order anything on this website. I will never order anything from them ever and I will post on every complaint site there is.

Mark Oct 28, 2008

I ordered a snowboard from them and received an order confirmation email so I assumed everything was fine. About two weeks passed and I was curious why I hadn't received a shipping confirmation email and a tracking number. I then got an email for store credit in the amount of what I paid for the snowboard. I checked my credit card and had been charged twice for the snowboard!! I tried to call them but they were always busy so I even sent them several emails but no one responded. Finally about three weeks after my order I talked to someone and took about 2 hours trying to sort everything out. They said that they were out of stock of the board I had ordered and thats why they gave me store credit. I argued with them that I just wanted my money back (both charges!) and finally got them to comply, but I am still waiting to see if they have refunded me fully. This is a horrible company, atleast as far as online orders go. If they say they have something in stock and you order it and are charged for and get an order confirmation, then you should actually receive the item...not get charged twice and receive nothing with no explanation. I want to move on and order another board (from somewhere else obviously) but I have to wait until i get my money back.

• Ca
    cassandra Oct 24, 2008

I ordered a pair of fallen shoes about a week ago.I got my confirmation email, and they called me on the next business day said it was a backorder and would take 2-3 extra days.I went to there website and clicked order status filled in the information and on the right it said who i talked to on the phone.Then about 3 days later they sent me the tracking number I checked it and i got it in 2 days.

sarah McKenzie Oct 12, 2008

Well I ordered a suitcase to match one I already have from this company and I received a order confimation e mail but I never received the merchandise. Now I have to go on my honeymoon without my suitcase I orderd. This company is horrible and if I would have saw this complaint board before I ordered I never would have. NEVER EVER DO BUISNESS WITH THESE PEOPLE> THEY ARE THIEVES

• Ca
    carrie Sep 27, 2008

I ordered a foursquare jacket for $150 and received it in good time. I was thinking of returning it but their return policy seemed really fishy (with the restocking fees, and refund minus what it cost them to ship it to me in the first place) After looking at all these reviews I think I am going to keep the jacket and sell it on ebay, rather than press the luck I seem to have gotten with this company..!

Andrei Jul 08, 2008

These people are dodgy alright. They came up with the same "we don't have the snowboard at the moment, we are ordering it from another warehouse...give us 24-48 hours" excuse. However, they did not fulfill their promise, so I contacted them again and got the same lame-### excuse. After that, they decided to stop replying to my emails...

Few days later, I magically got through to them on the phone and spoke to some girl, who gave me the same damned excuse! She tried to convince me to wait again, however I said I wanted a refund to which she replied "it'll take at least 2 weeks".

2 weeks for freakin' refund?! After hearing this, I sent them an email saying I'll report them through PayPal if I don't receive my refund. At this point, they magically replied to my email in the blink of an eye and refunded my $550AU...

Later I checked, and noticed there was still a strange $60-80 dollar charge remaining on my card, I decided not to pursue this (maybe I should have)...

Beware of this "business" folks. DON'T ORDER THROUGH THEM!

• Am
    Amanda May 08, 2008

Dear Boardparadise/tightboards.com customer,
    Over our holiday season last year (September-December) our on-line store underwent an unexpected amount of growth. In short, we were not prepared to handle this increase in orders and at the same time maintain the quality level of customer service our company was founded on. We have taken direct action to resolve these issues.

However, it has been brought to our attention that your experience shopping with tightboards.com was less than satisfactory. As snowboarders and skaters ourselves, that’s not the type of customer service we want to provide. You should be able to expect the best products and service from us at all times.
    If you have had a bad experience shopping with us and still have unresolved issues to date, please contact us: 1.888.760.4236, click on the “live chat” icon on tightboards.com, e-mail [email protected], or contact me directly through [email protected]

Sincerely,
    Amanda Howell
    Customer Service Manager
    tightboards.com

phil fitzsimmons May 07, 2008

Boycott a business that will not even follow basic business practices.

phil fitzsimmons May 07, 2008

This company is posting bogus apologies all over the internet but they still have not changed their shady store policies. They bill your credit card immeditaely and their policy as stated below says you will not get your money back even if the product was listed as in stock.

Order Placed when Merchandise was classified as IN STOCK:
    Merchandise ordered from Boardparadise that is not in stock or is on backorder and the item was IN STOCK and available for purchase on the web site, will be dealt with as follows once Customer Service informs the customer of the estimated ship date from the Vendor.
    Wait for the backordered merchandise to arrive.
    Cancel the backorder and choose a similar item as a substitute (any cost differences will be refunded or charged accordingly)
    Cancel the backorder and Request a Store Credit.

• Ho
    Hogan May 07, 2008

Dear Boardparadise/tightboards.com customer,

Over the previous sixth months our on-line store underwent an unexpected amount of growth. In short, we were not prepared to handle this increase in orders and at the same time maintain the quality level of customer service our company was founded on. We have taken direct action to resolve these issues.

Sincerely,