Menu

Blue World Pools review: Customer service

J
Author of the complaint
5:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 5/17 we signed a contract with Blue World Pools for a 24 ft round. The representative measured the area and that was the one she suggested. We gave them the $2000 deposit they required. On 6/1 my husband and I decided to remeasure because we thought it may have been measured wrong. Sure enough, it was too close to the power lines and electrical outlet. We called BWP and spoke to the head of the installation dept. we sent him the schematics and the pictures of our yard. He agreed that the pool wouldn’t fit. He suggested an oval and said they would call the next morning with a price for that. So when they called it was $5000 more. They agreed to cancel the contract because it was a mistake on their end. On June 4th, someone called from BWP and asked me to send them copies of the check we paid with and the pictures of the yard. I sent them immediately and they followed up in writing that the pool was cancelled and we would receive a refund in the mail within 10-15 days.

I called 10 days ago and was told that the check was going to be mailed out in a few days.

I called yesterday and they gave me the run around until I explained the situation. He put me on hold and came back and said that the file had been “found” and that it was put on a random desk and forgotten about. Then he said it was being processed that day. I asked for an email confirmation and he said he would have them send one.

Today: no email confirmation so I called back and specifically asked for the guy in my text. He said it was being submitted for a refund today. I said you told me that was done on the 4th. He said it was. I asked to speak to someone in the accounting department. He said I couldn’t. I asked who writes the checks. His response was “the owner writes them. He does not take phone calls. He is 86 years old and comes in sometimes from 1-2 on random days. He also doesn’t have a computer, so therefore he doesn’t have an email” .….and then he hung up on me. I wasn’t yelling or cursing or anything. I was floored.

I’m at a loss. They are based out of Atlanta and we are in Texas. I filed a complaint with the BBB. This has been a nightmare.

More Blue World Pools complaints & reviews