Blue World Poolsbeware of them

On March 28, 2008 a Blue World Pools Salesman came to our house in an attempt to sell us an above ground pool, and an expensive one at that. The Pool they had advertised was a 15x24 above ground pool for $399. (Their cheep and most undesirable)Their upgrade, a 15 by 24 began at over $25, 000, with all of their frills and gguaranties. Blue World began lowering their offer, as we kept saying no. Finally after numerous "Nos" the salesman would make a call each time back to the office and his boss (Mike) would get on the phone stating another lower offer, pressuring us to buy, that was the special for that day only. The last offer was for $10, 455 which was "at cost». After 5 hours of being pressured, and the salesman always calling the boss (Mike) when we said no, and it would start all over again him trying to convince we needed to buy. So we decided to do it. The salesman drew up the contract explaining we had 3 days to cancel. If we bought a pool from them they could take our land from us, as there was a lien on our property, (For a stinking above ground swimming pool) I felt uncomfortable, the guy didn't know a whole lot about pools, plus when I logged onto the net, afterward, looking for information about Blue World Pools, 3 items down in the search were stories about Blue World Pools "A Scam" "Rip Off" crooks who would not even pay their employees. Stories from an ex-employee who said he did not get paid anything for working for them so he quit. Said customers were tricked into signing contracts, not know what % the interest would be for ffinancing, and it was almost impossible to cancel a contract, because it required a phone returned back to the customer telling the procedure for cancelling. The contract said at the bottom that it had to be cancelled by letter (To the home office in Nevada) or telegraph. Since there is no telegraph office anywhere a telegraph could not been sent. A customer can call and call being hooked up with ext. 4 and Allen's voice mail promising a call back, which never comes. After a couple of days of trying to talk to somebody about the contract, and where to mail the letter, and will it be counted if it is postmarked within 3 business days, but always being transferred to voicemail the 3 day recession period has passed and now the company wants 30% of the pool cost to cancel, since the letter didn't reach them before the 3 day grace period. This same thing happened to us, except after 8 phone calls in the am hours of March 31, being put thru to Allen's voice mail 8 times, and being suspicious due to the info on the net, & still not receiving a call back, I put a stop payment on my $1000.00 check I had given as down payment. I also typed up a letter of cancellation on March 31, faxed Blue World Pools a Copy, but also Expressed mail to them to get it the next morning, it was postmarked at 1:00 pm on 3/31. At 4:30 on 3/31 I once again tried to call dialling for ext. 8 (which seems to be the executive side of their building) got Mike, told him that I could not get any of his employees to return a phone call to me, and he transferred me to ext. 4 which then I was told that Allen was on the phone and would call me back in 30 minutes. Here it is 12 days later and I am still waiting. But I did get the upper hand, I stopped payment, expressed the cancellation letter to them, and faxed a copy as well. Even then the check, that was stopped payment was still cashed by them at their bank, and cleared my bank in a deposit on April 4th. I called last Monday, April 7th, getting the run around from 2 men at extension 8, once again being transferred to Allen's voicemail. I called straight back and asked if our contract had been cancelled, Kathleen there said it had. I told her that they had cashed a check even being notified that the contract was cancelled, instead of sending it back to me. She said they would refund me the money back, but I told her my bank had already sent it back to them, that it was of no value. I agree with the other customers that this pool company makes it almost impossible to cancel a contract, and tries to get your money. One of the other poor souls was still fighting trying to get his down payment back. My bank helped me but it cost $36 stop payment fee. Guess I got lucky, I have learned my lesson. If looking to purchase a big item from a company on the net ...CHECK IT OUT first...And don't trust Blue World Pools!!!

• Updated by Ras K Sim · Jan 04, 2017

I'm a 100% disabled veteran. Wow had better talks in combat. Wanted it for therapy. Now me and the family need therapy for buying it. Thanks for nothing. Not all your sales work out.

• Updated by Brandi W · Feb 19, 2019

I give this company 5 stars. Why it post like that I don’t know.

• Updated by Brandi W · Feb 19, 2019

Thank you for having great customer service

• Updated by Brandi W · Feb 19, 2019

I give this company 5 stars. It won’t let me edit. I posted showing only 3 stars.

• Updated by cgee7157 · Apr 12, 2019

Please help, I purchased a pool 2012 from Blue World pool and have paid over $20, 000 for it already. How can I get out of this debt and not lose my home?

• Et
    ET Perry Nov 24, 2020

We started out having the worst experience from the time of the sale. I called in to cancel my installation of the pool within the timeframe, because we read somethings that WAS never discussed. After days of talking to different people that were supposedly "top" heads of the company, we went through with getting our pool installed. I should have went with my first mind. Our backyard was tore up for months, we had to come off additional money to get it back in order and then the gallon of bleach a week is a LIE!!! I called in before doing anything additional and I was told, no you need to add at least 3 bottles a week. Fine, did as I was instructed and still same green color. I called back and was told oh go get your water checked again... I did and had to buy chemicals because my PH Balance was too high and they only left us with increasers. I purchased the chemicals and got my pool together. The next week same issue. Called the company again and was told, I dont know what else to tell you but go buy the chemicals again. I tried to explain what I was told about this pool from our sales rep and the "top" heads of the company, and as far as I see, IT WAS A LIE. I received a letter from our HOA that stated we are NOT to have above ground pools in our community ( I was told by Blue World Pools that we were a show community.. that they have many pools in our community) THAT WAS A LIE and we had to pay a fine and they want the pool GONE. Tried to speak with a representative at the company and was told there is nothing they can do, that has nothing to do with their company. Along with this fine and having to find someone to come and demolish the pool, we have fell on hard times due to COVID and have been unable to make our last two payments...now we are being threatened by the rude company that they are coming to take our home. When we asked about this, we were informed "well next time pay attention to what you are signing and not the answers you are getting from your questions." How is that anyway to speak to someone when were told things from your company. Anyone listening DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!! NOT ONE TIME HAVE I EXPERIENCED THE TRUTH FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

• Et
    ET Perry Nov 24, 2020

@ET Perry Sorry, forgot to mention, we GOT the wrong pool... they installed the wrong pool. So they called us almost a week after we paid to get our fence put back up and 13 gallons of water, to ask if we wanted the correct pool. NO... that's more money out of our pocket...and running the pump for the time that they require, your electric bill will skyrocket!!! All around headache, worst decision I ever made in my life!!!

• Gl
    Gloria R. Jan 17, 2021

@ET Perry I am dealing with the same thing with blue world pools. Due to covid I hadn't been able to pay and I also was getting threatening phone calls about taking my home etc. My home isn't even fully paid for. Why couldn't they just repo the pool? I don't understand. Now I'm just worried as to what is going to really happen with non payments to them.

Mike N Kelly Jun 07, 2020

If you want to stop these sleezeballs just file a suit Pro Se. It will cost you pennies but will cost them time and money to defend. Its kinda fun and easy to do most county clerks can point you in the right direction.
    Freshouttalawschool

• Da
    David Schmucker Dec 11, 2019

Love the pool never had a prob if we had questions all we had to do was call!!!Very satisfied..We were in the process of moving so they let us change the address we originally wanted it installed at ...They were all very helpful!!!#-

• Ss
    S Sheffield Aug 20, 2019

The product that Blue World Pools is pushing is really good. My problem was with the joker that was sent out to set up our pool. This guy totally screwed up my pool and had to replace the liner before we even got it 1/4 of the way full. Then when he did finish the pool he did not put the liner on correctly and it has a huge gap in it and it feels like a herd of cattle walked throughout the pool bottom. NOW we are having a hard time getting Blue World Pools to honor their obligation to fix it. I do not think that they have a service department. Sean Warren if you still work there, I would love a response!!! We paid cash and really want to enjoy this pool for a long time.

Andrea Lehr May 09, 2019

Such a [censored] scam of a company! Somehow I have to crawl around in my pool to find a hole that may not be big enough to find just for the suppose warranty to cover it and replace it.

• Yo
    youplayoupay May 04, 2019

I called Blue World Pools yesterday to setup an appointment to simply discuss options of pools at the residence I own next week. The operator really wanted to confirm and reconfirm I owned the residence. I stated you have my name and address and can easily check tax records on the county website to confirm ownership. He asked my birth date, and I asked why he needed that. He said that it will allow him to confirm my ownership in their system. I told him specifically multiple times to NOT run my credit, as I do not let anyone run my credit because I'm looking to purchase a home this year and I've worked to get to 'excellent' rating for the best financing rate. Within 24 hours I was notified by Experian that a hard pull was placed on my credit report by Blue World Pools. I called to discuss the issue and was immediately transferred 3 times and then after almost 10 minutes on hold someone picked up the phone and hung up. I will be contacting Blue World Pools, Experian and an attorney on Monday morning to get this resolved, and I will follow up on this thread with resolve. If it is not removed from my report I will be filing a lawsuit against them, and everyone here should be aware it is your right to file suit against any company that illegally requests your credit report.

Andrea Lehr May 03, 2019

We bought and got suckered into buying a pool 2 years ago and it was the biggest pain in the [censored] getting it put in correctly even though we had an above ground pool there previous so the yard was almost all prepped. And yet the idiots who put it in did not smooth the sand out when putting it in so another guy had to come out to redo it and it is still not level. Now it is 2 years later and there is a leak somewhere that we can't see because there is water all over the ground outside of it. So my husband calls to get them to fix it since there is a warranty on the pool and liner and the guy tells him that we have to take a picture of the hole in order for them to give us a new one, really!!! How the hell are we suppose to take a picture of a damn hole in a liner of a 24' pool, and unless it is quite large it will be impossible to find. What the hell is a service department for if you aren't actually going to provide service? I went around and around with these idiots when we first bought the pool and I was hoping I wouldn't have to fight with them again but it looks like I will be.

• Kr
    Kris Johnson Apr 30, 2019

They pulled my credit report without my permission. Going to filling a police report, this company is a complete scam.

• Cg
    cgee7157 Apr 22, 2019

I have paid over $20, 000 for an above ground pool 24 x 52. I have been scan by them and I still owe $10, 000. How do I get out of this. I purchased this pool 2012 and still owe 5 more years of payments. Please help me I cannot afford it any longer.

Misty Dawn Ashe Apr 20, 2019

I wish I had never purchased from Blue world pools! The salesperson told us that the company would move our pool once for us at no cost since we were military...that's why we were against purchasing it to begin with...now after calling, they are saying $3500 for over 20 miles...or $2400 to just move it in my backyard cause I'm now having drain line issues with our septic tank! I should've never let them deceive me...I shouldve seen this in writing before she left!

Michael Evans 66 Mar 12, 2019

I really enjoy my pool and would recommend this company, the pool has afforded me a lot of great days and nights swimming during the summer during cookouts. My friends have stated that they enjoy the poo and I plan on adding a deck to make the pool more appealing.

• Ro
    Roderick Hodges Mar 10, 2019

The experience with blue world pools was a satisfying experience. The company did everything in reference to being a satisfied client. From the price to customer service and the end result of a great 24' pool. There was some minor issues but nothing that blue world pool wasn't willing to fix. We love our pool and would recommend it to others.

Brandi W Feb 25, 2019

This company has been nothing but great to us so far. We haven't had the pool
    Yet. But each time we have called with a problem or a question. They have been awesome. Thank you Blue World Pools

Mary Phelps Feb 11, 2019

I was well pleased with the company. The sales representative went out of his way to ensure that we got the pool we desired.

The installers were courteous and took the time needed to ensure that the pool was installed correctly.

• Wi
    will c Jan 23, 2019

From the sales to installation and beyond, Blue World Pools looked out for me. They made it possible for me to obtain a top quality pool, made sure my installation was done correctly and on time, and they are there whenever I need a question answered. Can't say enough about them!

• Di
    Diane Prosser Dec 13, 2018

Outstanding service and courteous staff!!!

• Am
    Amy Stanley Dec 13, 2018

Easy to create a low maintenance Oasis in your backyard! Our family loves our pool from Blue World Pools! We love how easy it is to keep up compared to other systems we've had. Blue World is just a call away with any questions.

• Sm
    Smileyaguilar Dec 11, 2018

I have no complaints about installers or the company itself.. enjoy my lovely pool.. best decision made... Good good deal... ;-).. My wife and I really do appreciate the hospitality we had with installers, and the company..

• Ga
    Gayla Smith Nov 19, 2018

I have had a good experience with this company. They have been there from the start to finish. Their customer support team is always available to answer any questions or solve any problems we may have.

• Ra
    Ras K Sim Nov 12, 2018

IMPORTANT! Call Blue World Pools, Inc.about your account. There is a LIEN on your home. We want to work with you! Call 1.800.706.0907 Ext. 9 RIGHT NOW!
    This is a text I got last year when the payment for that month messed up. Until that payment never missed a payment. I think I got a case. Any good attorneys

• Md
    M Dixon Nov 11, 2018

The customer service department could be more efficient in responding to concerns.

• Co
    countrygirl123 Nov 05, 2018

im trying to make a payments to blue world pools but I have them in chapter 13 so they are not letting me make one

• Ru
    Ruth R Martin Nov 04, 2018

Everything was fine. The only issue I had was lack of communication from installer when he wasn't going to be able to be here when he said he would. However, was the installers made it here they were all very professional.

• Er
    Ericad2012 Oct 28, 2018

I am pleased with the pool now that it is in, but it was a long process of finally getting it in. My advice to anyone looking is to start the process now so that you will have it in by May. Everyone I have talked to since it has been installed has been very helpful and nice.

brownli Oct 28, 2018

Love my pool!! The customer service team is GREAT!!

• Wo
    world blue pools Oct 23, 2018

there really not much complaints it does have a leak and they are very costly the sell guy said they are low maintenance, not true they are work I have a brown ring around mine but the company said you don't shock it just put in a gal of bleach, well bleach is not working still looks dirty and has brown ring

• Eh
    Ehilburn Oct 23, 2018

Wendy was super nice and very helpful and very very professional we are very pleased with the pool we have purchased from blue Whirlpool everything went smooth the installers did a wonderful job and was very knowledgeable and was very happy with the installer after they finished with the pool they cleaned up

• We
    wendy54 Oct 23, 2018

My husband and I would like to express our sincere appreciation and support for our very first pool purchase. The installation and tech support was great. They worked with us on the financing and a payment that fit our budget. We would highly recommend Blue World Pools to Everyone!
    Thank you BlueWorld Pool.

• J0
    J0J073 Oct 22, 2018

Our pool was installed May 26, 2017, and we have enjoyed it tremendously. Our new pool completes our backyard oasis. We highly recommend Blue World Pools to everyone

• Je
    Jeret001 Oct 22, 2018

We love our new pool thanks Blue World Pools.

• Ki
    kim1984 Oct 22, 2018

Great pool, easy installation team to work with. Love the pool

Brian Merchant Oct 15, 2018

I do not have any complaints for this company but a story of success and ease on my pool installation. I would recommend Blue World Pools to anyone looking fro an above ground pool.

• To
    Torie LeBlanc Rudisill Oct 15, 2018

My pool was ordered, delivered and setup as promised. The water is beautiful and the Clorox along with the ionization system keeps the pool beautiful. Great Customerservice met service.

• Ke
    keda mckenna Oct 15, 2018

I absolutely adore my new pool by Blue World Pools. The kind service, timely manner, great installation and amazing clean up all made the experience something I truly didn't except. Every detail was accounted for and was executed wonderfully. Thanks Blue World for making this summer and every one here after, much more fun.

• Fl
    fluffy bunny Oct 14, 2018

Missing the ion filter set. Installer called and supposed to be mailing it to me so he can install it.

• Me
    Melissa Richardson Oct 14, 2018

I purchased a pool this summer and I love it! Took some time to get everything finalized but well worth the wait. My only complaint is that the customer service dept could do more to speed up the process. Seemed no one could explain why it took so long to finish paperwork.

Misty Prilliman-Long Sep 19, 2018

Great pool and great investment for our family! We love the convenience of having relaxation right in our backyard. Installation was very professional. The members of the staff were professional, and walked us through each step. They were very explanatory and made sure we understood every step and detail completely.

• Ki
    Kimberly Brandenburg Aug 15, 2018

Unfortunately this thread will not let me post in ALL caps.

Please do not buy from this company. They are a scam artist!

they will put lein's on your property if you back out of this contract once signed.

Read all the reviews there is more negative than positive.

If you really want a pool you should buy local.

• Fr
    Frank_Stein Jul 02, 2018

@agoodcompany, wow, you sure do try unconventually hard to debunk all these poor people your Co. has dissappointed. If complaint ratio is only 1% as you have repeatedly stated... then why even bother?...1% complaints would mean nothing to your accounts department. How do you live with yourself?

• Ri
    rickynvicki Sep 26, 2017

Well hate to here I'm not the only jack... that got scammed. We got blue world pool in 2015 and we have had nothing but pain and stress from them. First our pool was put up unlevel then when they came back to fix it. We had to drain. Yep us. Then they came back and left beer bottles in my yard and a huge mess.Yep I sent them pictures. Well the pool then had to be filled again. Costing us again 150 dollars to fill it up again. They left and we noticed a leak. It was a major leak. Coming from the motor, pipes, and liner. We called them back and got a women than Sean and then Jim. Yep nothing happened. I told them the liner is leaking and the resolute I got was they sent me a liner. Really what am I suppose to do with the liner. So again we empty the pool to find way over a 100 hole in the liner. yep 100 holes. Again I sent pictures of the hole and rip in the liner. They said we can come put the liner in for a extra 1000 dollars. Really. So as we where taking the liner up we noticed the pool was out of its frame and was missing several screws and bolts. They also didn't put anything under liner. No plastic or sand or nothing. Again I took pictures and sent them to blue world pool Jim Harris. We then decided to get a hold bbb and Jim Harris then called Doug out of popular bluff to come look at it. So then Doug came and looked at the pool. Remind you this is now 2017...after hundreds of calls. He said I can't believe this. He said he would never put a pool up like that. Out of track, holes, missing, parts, and motor in wrong spot. He took pictures and talked to Jim and said he would be back to set the pool back up right. Well he left and I talked to him and he asked me if I talked to Jim. Now i'm thinking why am I talking to Jim when he was suppose to talk to Jim. So I tried and tried to call Jim and he was either gone or out to lunch ...go figure. So I tried Doug again and now he won't answer..lol go figure. So i try and try and he finally answers. He said to empty the pool so it would be ready when he comes to fix it. Well that has been 3 months ago. Then they said if you want us to put the liner in it will be 1000 dollars. ok so know we have had a pool since 6/2015 that we cant use because it leaks like crazy and we have to keep the hose in it which makes the water freezing. Now we have a empty pool that is out of track, missing parts, and has a huge hole in liner. Yep and we bought the top of the line and was promised the best. PLEASE read the complaints will save you time and money.